???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I don't know about squee-worthy (I'm not so good with squee) but:

That is great!

MBTI
    INxP

Under what circumstances, if any, do you think it is justified to borrow your sister's cello without asking? (If you do not have a cello-owning sister, imagine that you have one)

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Dear INFPs,

Please tell me about the best gifts you ever received. What made them so special? Thanks in advance.
    I looooove getting gifts*. *Thoughtful, meant for me, kind of gifts.

I'll try to refrain from such INFP answers as "life"...

1- My stuffed fox (named Whiskers). When I was 3 we moved to Minnesota, and I left my special stuffed tiger toy at the realtor's office. I sobbed for days. Then I saw this fox at a store and asked my mom for him. Relieved she got him for me, and he became my best friend (think Calvin and Hobbes) for years and years and years. I am embarrassed to admit that there are A LOT of birthday pictures of me snuggling my fox and sitting by a freaking cake.

2- A poem! I had the biggest crush on this guy in high school and when I moved away he wrote a special poem just for me. Only poem I have ever received since I normally don't go for NFs. (Neutron star imploding because of too much emotion, etc.)

3- Handmade gifts. I have countless handmade items from both of my parents. My mom did crossstitch, knitting, quilting, etc. My dad does woodworking.

4- Jewelry. When my mom passed away, my dad gave me her wedding ring and another ring. (Unfortunately we can't find any more of her jewelry, and we are kind of worried that one of the hospital helpers stole it when they came to take care of her. Missing several pieces of sentimental versus monetary value.) And for Easter this year my dad gave me the amethyst cross she wore everyday. It was a special gift that he gave her for their 1/3rd of a century anniversary that just happened to coincide with Easter of 2006.

5- For my birthday this year I got a card drawn out by my friends 2 year old daughter with Auntie (Me) on it. And then I got a video of her singing happy birthday to me. Can't buy that stuff!

6- Anything where someone says, I was out and I saw this and it made me think of you! I don't require or particularly want a lot of money spent on me. My INFP currency is in thought and love.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Sosekopp View Post
    Under what circumstances, if any, do you think it is justified to borrow your sister's cello without asking? (If you do not have a cello-owning sister, imagine that you have one)
    I can think of a few:

1- Aliens have JUST landed and they demanded a cello to appease their voracious appetites for music.
    2- Yoyoma stopped by and desperately wanted to duet with someone.
    3- She's young, and the young do stupid things. (Think Twilight, Justin Bieber, etc.)

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Needs more penguins....

Luna - you have satiated the INFP monster for now.

Let this be a lesson to you all.... MOAR PICTCHURS!

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I don't know about squee-worthy (I'm not so good with squee) but:

My Inner INFP laughs.

My Inner S cringes at the fact that the actual quote is "Fly you fools."

My Inner N cringes at the fact that my inner S cringes at the fact that the quote is wrong.

Glycerine

What is the most nonconformist you have done? I like how some of you guys push boundaries.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    What is the most nonconformist you have done? I like how some of you guys push boundaries.
    My entire life.... maybe. I dunno.

I tend to show up as "nonconformist" because I have a clear (yet fluid) view of the world and I adhere to that above all else. If something happens that falls outside of my Fi Quantum box, then I will probably conform to whatever will get the ball rolling, or make other people happy.

Example:
    Friend: Let's go to dinner! Where do you want to go?
    Me: (Thinking..... hmm, I don't really care, but I know they are kind of picky so I'm good with whatever they want.) Hmm, you know I am kind of in the mood for anything. Is there somewhere special you want to go?
    Friend: Oh.... well, if you don't mind I would LOVE to get pizza!
    Me: Sounds like fun!

My Fi QB says: Making a friend feel good/happy is the most important thing.

Or:

Example:
    Friend: Your tool box is a disgrace. What are you thinking? You need to buy the following: *makes a list*
    Me: (She's being pushy... I don't need any tools despite what she thinks because I don't plan on fixing anything because I am lazy) Yeah, not gonna do it.
    Friend: YOU HAVE TO!! I MADE A LIST!
    Me: That's nice. You can make as many lists as your heart desires. Still not gonna do it.
    Friend: You're being childish!!
    Me: That's nice. Want to watch a movie?*****

My FI QB says: I don't need a wife, thanks though.

Maybe not the most concise of examples, but a bit of an idea. It's pretty much why I never did drugs. It (sad to my dad) wasn't because I was afraid of my parents being mad, or because I never had opportunities... It was more of a "hmm, do *I* want to try this? Hmm... not really. I don't see any benefit, and lots of potential negatives... Ok, that solves that!" So even when I had people pushing me on it, all it did was make me dig down deeper and ignore them. And part of my inner philosophy of "Govern yourself, idiots"

***** Hilariously enough for my birthday this year her gift to me was buying me all the items on her list. She even thought that she had "won" when in fact I feel like I won. A- She got off my back. B- She spent the money. C- I didn't have to do a thing but be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    If I spoke about it, people would think I'm more of an ISTP. It kind of worries me when I think about it all at once... like I'm deluding myself. That I'm nowhere close to any kind of idealist INFP nonconformity. There are fewer situations when I was truly rebelling out of some higher ideal.