First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude
    Not me. I'm a little jaded about them too. I'll use an ENFJ psychologist I know, who does try to help people.. Yet at the same time, she's full of contradictions in her personal life. Even admits she has a thing for "cocky thugs", and wishes she could get over it. And it almost seems like every NFJ is confused like this for a time. They're not perfect (nor do I expect them to be. I'm just de-mythologizing for a moment). I chalk it up to their latent Se, and woefully retarded/immature views on what is cool about it. They tend to be fascinated with the lowest common denominator expression of an STP at least at one point in their life - and anyone here who denies it is lying through their teeth. On top of that, they'll condescend on INFPs as too sensitive.. even though they themselves are pretty turbulent and confused in their own right.

Thanks for listening =D
    sidenote, not to butt into a convo i don't belong in, but i'm close with a few ENFJs - i def agree on Se, and also important that Ni-Fe is not anchored in the same way that Fi is, hence what we see as personal contradictions. they don't do the same kind of internal consistency we do. i find it very interesting.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    sidenote, not to butt into a convo i don't belong in, but i'm close with a few ENFJs - i def agree on Se, and also important that Ni-Fe is not anchored in the same way that Fi is, hence what we see as personal contradictions. they don't do the same kind of internal consistency we do. i find it very interesting.
    You are always welcome to butt in.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Why do most of the INFPs I know have such a jaded view on life?
    The Fi-Si loop. What has been sucks & is far from the ideal, and that's the focus. Ne gets you out of that rut. You get innovative, you find solutions, you keep growing & moving towards an ideal, your ideals become increasingly less narrow as Ne offers various interpretations. Being stagnant is terrible for an INFP. We need to discover new possibilities, we need to experience novelty, we need to increasingly view things as conceptual to see them as flexible & changeable. That keeps the hope alive.

OR, these people are ISFPs, who can be keenly aware of reality in relation to their ideals; they see that gap clearly. The ones who bridge it do so by enjoying the simple things in life & keeping aware of immediate options for improvement. They aren't paranoid about future developments (Fi-Ni loop), but see reality as something able to be dealt with NOW. It's more of a one-day-at-a-time mentality.

Basically, depressed Fi-dom are grappling with reality vs. their idealistic visions.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    This is the INFP thread. This is like the ELLIS ISLAND OF ALL THREADS.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    You are always welcome to butt in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    This is the INFP thread. This is like the ELLIS ISLAND OF ALL THREADS.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

i like you guys

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Awesome thread.

Most questions have been adequately or thoroughly answered.

Some things I'll tell you, some not. I regret things I say or reveal. Are you a trained therapist? Should I really tell you anything? I try to relate to you on a harmonious level within the parameters of your mind.

Of course, that's not the question! You are asking a general question about why an INFP might not really say they want some lighthearted thing like food or company.

When I was a child, a kid had a snoopy snow cone maker. Well, I really wanted a snoopy snow cone in an annoying way. Well, eventually one day they gave me a snoopy snow cone, lemon flavor, but they had peed in it. What really hurt is that they all laughed and made fun of me.

Do I think you will pee in a snow cone offered to me? Well, of course not, but I just have a revulsion to annoying you about something that I want. It's not just this one instance. There are dozens or hundreds of things.

Of course, sometimes I'll tell you. In fact, at work I'm constantly asking for things or trying to change the system more to the ideal, arguing for a better reality.

But if we are out on the town, please don't be offended if I'm evasive, indecisive, or lack some form of assertiveness.

I'll tell you another weird story. I'm good at begging. I would beg off the other children's entrees, and have a little pile of meat paddies or chickens. What if I really did want five little entrees and stack them up?

Once I was at a banquet. It was very retarded, but they said we can only have one tea. Another thing about this banquet was it was about 2/3 full, so there were all these places with tea sitting in front, but no guest. I was going CRAZY. I was thirsty. Other people were thirsty.

So what did I do? I took an invisible person's tea. Yes, I stole a glass of tea. Just one glass.

Then that person arrived, but they would not give him a tea at all. They would not give him tea or even water, I believe. He was red from anger, and I was trying to hide the fact that I had two empty glasses of tea. In fact, I had stolen his tea.

Meanwhile, I wanted to give him a tea from the still vacant places, but my guardian (my teacher) threatened me. Thus, I went insane. I took a bunch of forks from empty placements, and started to make a two foot high sculpture by sticking the forks together, which eventually fell apart with a crash.

There are lots of needs and desires in this world. See what horrible crisis one glass of tea can cause! Wow, what if I wanted a sports car or a pony instead? The entire universe may be put out of balance.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, god. Now I regret telling you those stories. Perhaps I killed the thread

MBTI
    ENTP

What does an evil INFP look like?
    Fiction has more than its fill of evil ENTJs, INTJs and the occasional ENTP... and not evil, but plain annoying and pain-in-the ass STJs...
    I made an INFP villain - a tortured soul, quite unbalanced because of a thousand years of loneliness (he's a god), and willing to destroy the universe because he feels guilty about the religious wars. Does that seem okay?
    (I made some nice INFPs too, don't worry )
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I made an INFP villain - a tortured soul, quite unbalanced because of a thousand years of loneliness (he's a god), and willing to destroy the universe because he feels guilty about the religious wars. Does that seem okay?
    Probably the best you'll come up with, it's kind of hard.

The problem with INP villains (because the same problem exists with INTP) is that, in our typical western story structures, the villains are the catalyst -- they are tying to change something in the world, take something over, implement some destructive plan -- whereas the heroes are reactive and just trying to maintain the way things are and/or thwart the plan rather than imposing one of their own. (I've seen stories where heroes try to implement their own plans, and guess what? They become villains!)

And INP is probably the most reactive, passive type you'll find.

INFP will probably be driven into villainry as part of a twisted form of moral code, driven by the abuse of morality currently in the world.
    (INTP, aside from being a subversive computer hacker, is probably more liable to be a mad scientist who performs incidental atrocities in his pursuit of higher truth.)

They're kind of lame villains.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    They're kind of lame villains.
    I think he's more INTP, but..

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vgp1jAabsk]/[/youtube]

If a story is trying to uphold some ideals, then even your most depressed INFPs are still Mary Sues. Maybe Louis from Interview With a Vampire. I think, realistically speaking, evil ones are somewhere in between.