User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    Umm... funny, not offended/mostly understands my humor, interesting, at least somewhat intelligent, willing to argue, isn't unnecessarily cruel, not usually hypocritical, not enslaved to mainstream... and I have to get a good vibe from them It's weird but I just get a sense about people... and if it's bad, BAM, I don't like them and probably never will. It sounds insane, but every time I ignore it and befriend someone against my better judgement, something goes horribly wrong.
    I am the exact same way. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but it rarely works out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ yeah. vibe is important. it tells you a lot in one little "pulse".

i have many friendly acquiantances... and many friends... and i "like" almost everyone... but i have a comparatively very small group of close friends. i think with close friends it's less a conscious process of filtering and more of a "who have i not avoided for certain reasons"... lol...

i think my closest friends share:

sense of humor - witty with at least an appreciation of dark (if willing to generate dark, even better)

intellectual openness - curiosity, interest in learning, care about the greater world

adventurousness -

humanism - i have a hard time handling ethical hardliners or rule-followers, but i tend to get closest to people who really care about other people and who are concerned with the human condition.

social appropriateness - not in terms of superficiality but more like tact... the ability to adapt to situations and be appropriate when it's beneficial.

positivity and realism - i avoid downers and fantasizers. fantasy is wonderful in the arts but it ain't real... if you lose yourself in it too much then you miss life.

acheivement - this isn't ever something i've really thought about much, but someone pointed it out to me lately. i just tend to hang out with people who do well at whatever they're doing. i could make a lot of guesses as to why but i think mostly i have always been motivated to do well, so i relate to people like that most, and they help keep me motivated too.

typewise... my closest friends are, i think - ENFJ 3w4, ESFJ 2w3, ENFJ 2w3, ENFP 7w6.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet
    When I start to feel more like your counselor or social worker than your friend, the relationship needs to end.
    YES. i am not an advice hotline.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    what's the criteria for you to filter them?
    I'm very Te on this one: I actually have an Excel spreadsheet where almost all my friends and acquaintances are ranked. The most important criteria are: trust, chemistry, intelligence, reliability, ambition, character, open-mindedness, mutual interests.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance View Post
    I'm very Te on this one: I actually have an Excel spreadsheet where almost all my friends and acquaintances are ranked. The most important criteria are: trust, chemistry, intelligence, reliability, ambition, character, open-mindedness, mutual interests.
    Hahaha this kills me!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Hahaha this kills me!
    +1

it's not a bad idea though. i'm kind of curious to do it. it's almost like character profiles, or pokemon. ESFP 7w8, 3 reliability, 25 openmindedness, 14 trust, 19 special attack...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

It's really helpful. Of course, you have to break that taboo, but once you do, you actually realize who should be your close friends and who shouldn't be. You will also realize that you were mistaken about a lot of people, both positively and negatively.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance View Post
    It's really helpful. Of course, you have to break that taboo, but once you do, you actually realize who should be your close friends and who shouldn't be. You will also realize that you were mistaken about a lot of people, both positively and negatively.
    Mistaken how though? About whether or not I want to be friends with them? I can't really be mistaken about that.

I can see that maybe I would find someone wasn't as openminded as I thought they were or something, but I doubt it would change my opinion of the whole. I think in my mind it would just mean I didn't care as much about that trait as I thought I did, so I was mistaken about me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, this is a painful but interesting thread to read. I'm taking notes.

Generally, I don't really feel like I have friends right now.

I could receive warmth, love, hugs, hand-shakes, and kindness. Wow it would be so easy if I could lie. For example, I could pretend to be Christian, and have extremely nice people falling all over me.

Also, I could pretend I hate Christians, and go eat cookies at the free-thought society.

I guess my role is to be kind and try to become an "enlightened" hermit, mentor, mediator, humanist lover of humanity without really gaining true, deep friends I need to be a friend and just love and be vulnerable, without trying to burden a soul.

Apparently I need to subjugate and crucify the emotional vampire within, and repress my bitchiness. Eh, instead of a spittoon, I need to carry bottle to secretly drip my tears, and focus on projecting the role of a person with over-brimming happiness and unlimited energy. Egore doesn't have friends, right?

As I said, my favorite is those who can turn my angst into comedy, or those who can see my life as a comedy of errors, but on some level, take me seriously.

Eh, lurking and reflecting on this thread.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Mistaken how though?
    Just try it if you're really interested. You'll find that it has its benefits.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Oh, this is a painful but interesting thread to read.
    Why painful?