User Tag List

First 456

Thread: INFJ Moodiness

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yeah I figured she wanted to go for the ear and then focussed on the toes, due to the ears being out of reach. But she didnt count into her equations my emergency escape rocket, which propelled me out of the country in no time.

So the only thing left for her was her smut-blackened face
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but this post struck a chord because it describes me PERFECTLY

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    From my experience INFJs can have big problems reconciling their inner world view with that of the outer reality. If they are peaceful and humane they can view the world as a cold & cruel place. They are hopeless idealists who'd die for a good cause but cannot understand/internalise that some things cannot or will not be changed and get *moody* (at best). They hate injustice and feel other's pain accutely. The resultant moods can feed on themselves and a "pull yourself together" argument will earn you a slap!

My wife is an INFJ and recently had to sack someone at work who happened to be incompetant (to say the least). She *felt sorry* for the man and sacking him caused her great upset. Whereas I wouln't have lost a wink of sleep over it!
    I thought I was an INTP for a long time, then an INTJ. But I was always bugged by all the various INTJ profiles I read because although a lot of it fit me some didn't and this is one of them. I think that my Asperger's Syndrome mislead me for a long time that I couldn't have a strong Fe, but now that I think about it the Fe was always there. INFJs and INTPs both have Ti and Fe, so that would explain that.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INtJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If I am
    • tired
    • hungry
    • hot
    • need to pee
    • overstimulated
    • in physical discomfort/sick
    • in the middle of something
    • feeling unappreciated
    • around someone who is being emotional

I'm going to get cranky.

I vent, gripe, and rant a lot, but it's just my way of working through things and not a big deal. It shouldn't be taken too seriously (though don't dismiss what I'm saying if you want to be allowed to live).

DITTO!!!!

I have what I consider my "inner teenager" when I have a mood swing... I am vile, truly vile - nobody knows how to handle me and it is very difficult. I know if I am losing perspective but don't know how to "let it out" without taking everyone with it....

I need a bit of alone time quiet a good shout, a good cry, some chocolate and "Presidents" playing on my CD player (it is very difficult to remain angry after listening to "Dune buggy"!).... At that time, people are not going to help - I've had the "don't get upset" crowd who get the fullness of my "tantrum", the "I understand" crowd who get the same, the ones who argue back or give me the silent treatment or do anything get it...

I've had no space for a while and keep cracking because I'm always "on show" at the moment and find it exhausting!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Moody for me, means disheartened; I will never get snappy, cold, or difficult. I simply become apathetic for a short period and withdrawal. So really, my moods go unnoticed. If I'm in this mood, I can handle to be with others. I just won't be very responsive. I'll be, "meh," about everything.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

yup yup, I've been battling the mood swings all my life. My recommendations:

1. Cut time with people who annoy you.
    2. Force yourself to keep your mouth shut when you want to snap. Mentally count 10, or 20, or whatever.
    2. Eat nutritious food on schedule (like, plan meals and eat at set times). It does make a difference if you eat junk erratically. Give your blood sugar a chance.
    3. Set a time limit on rumination. Like, 20 minutes. (You can think about it again tomorrow but for now, that's all.)
    3. Make sure you get enough sleep.
    4. Put music in your ears.
    5. Stop watching the news.
    6. Try the pill. Some of it is definitely hormonal.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I guess I've been ignorant about my moodiness because I'm the first to deny it when it occurs. I'm told that I can be moody, but I don't see it. Sure I have my agitated moments, but I like to think I'm in partial control of my temperament overall.

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    Moody for me, means disheartened; I will never get snappy, cold, or difficult. I simply become apathetic for a short period and withdrawal. So really, my moods go unnoticed. If I'm in this mood, I can handle to be with others. I just won't be very responsive. I'll be, "meh," about everything.
    That sounds like me. I can have several moodswings while being around people and be upset one moment and on top of the world the next but they often won't notice because I keep it to myself. However when I am in a bad, annoyed mood already and you say the wrong thing the anger underneath might come to the surface for a split second and I might become a bit snappy. However I often feel immediately bad after that.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Mood swings affects eating... eating does not affect mood swings.

I don't see how regular eating makes you feel "down".
    It could if you eat lots of Bourbon cake! hehe..
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'