User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: INFJ Moodiness

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Yeah, I have to eat. If I do not and my blood sugar gets low, I get shaky and irritable. Protein is my friend.
    I'm like that, too.

I don't always feel exceedingly hungry with the standard rumbly stomach, so sometimes it creeps up on me. Then I'm suddenly irritable and my head's hurting and I can't figure out why I'm so shaky. Eating usually remedies this.

The only time I feel sad or depressed after eating is when I've spent a good deal of money on a fancy meal. Then I think, "I would have been just as full if I'd cooked veggies at home, and I could have spent that money on something that lasts longer than 30 minutes."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Question for INFJs:

How does eating affect your mood swings? I'm not talking about binge-eating or comfort-eating but a physiological reaction that entails regular eating; one that leaves you kind of down afterwards.
    If I'm anxious, I have problems eating. If I don't eat, I get very irritable & I'm prone to mood swings.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

When I'm anxious i don't eat and have lost quite a bit of weight in the past. It might put me in a bad mood, but i'm usually way too droopy to act on it. Sometimes I get extremely passive after a bout with anxiety. I go from getting detached from myself and can be almost robot like, to overboard sad, to paralyzed with anxiety, to droopy and apathetic. The extremely passive apathy almost feels good in a bittersweet acceptance kind of way. I only show those moments of intense vulnerability to someone i am trying to learn to trust. Then I get upset when I feel shut out. That's my primary "bad" mood, but it doesn't happen that often. Mostly when there are layers of anxiety poured onto other layers. There is a breaking point where my thinking falls apart and I rehearse the worst case scenario of rejection. I work to put systems in place to avoid those breakdowns.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ

I am not very moody unless stressed, and I have weird things that stress me out so I can be randomly moody at some point in time for seemingly no reason. One of the biggest ways to stress me out is to make me feel like I am "wasting time". If I feel like I am wasting time I go completely nuts; like sitting a long boring meeting where nothing is being accomplished (like I had to do tonight for 2 hours).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ

Sometimes it helps to notice your physiology if your mood swings in a direction you don't particularly enjoy. I used to fly off the handle a lot until I began to stop and notice what was happening: my body would tense up everywhere. I had to relax first, then exhale. Then I'd hold a smile for ten seconds or more and the negative emotion would be gone. Granted, the first few times I did this, I felt like a silly ape, but it seems to work. Also, putting a more positive context on the situation helps.

If that's not enough, I do silly gestures accompanied with auditory stimulation: air guitar, throwing up my arms and jumping in the air yelling out "America! F*CK YEAH!!!", balling up one hand and doing the "yes!" gesture, or mimicking martial arts moves and pretending to be Neo from the Matrix. Of course, not everyone is so animated and eccentric, so I hope smiling for ten seconds and changing the way you think helps.

Thinking can build momentum. If you start small and make yourself laugh, your mind automatically starts digging up other similar things. What's good about right now? (I use "awesome", but that's a personal preference.) When was the last funny event in your life? How many sexual references are in Aladdin?

A sense of humour helps a lot. And oh, do I mean a lot.

-A
    "Je ne craignais pas de mourir
    Mais de mourir sans etre illumine."

"I was not afraid to die,
    But to die without being enlightened."

-Comte de Saint-Germain, La Tres Sainte-Trinisophie

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Today, I dismembered a horde of rival ninjas while singing "Sunshine on my Shoulders".

But I'm not moody. No no. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!

eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Today, I dismembered a horde of rival ninjas while singing "Sunshine on my Shoulders".

But I'm not moody. No no. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!

Pink Pirahna! Holy-moley! How's it going?

We've missed you around here. And you've missed a whole lotta drama.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I think it's the Ni and the Fe combined... One thing will irritate me, which will lead me to think of all these little connections that also irritate me, and then I'll just STEW in my irritation.
    definitely, i just start seeing the connections between everything and this larger more unstoppable Big Picture starts to come into focus where it is pointless, meaningless, vapid empty void. and the unceasing self-destruction, the symbolic and literal violence going on all around me and dragging the world into a downward spiral of self-loathing and swimming pool nihilism...

and then i realize damn, it's just green beans for dinner. it's really not that big of a deal... tho i do hate them green beans.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I pretty sure this will be my death, an INFJ biting off my head. She already tried once, but I had the higher ground that time, so she couldnt reach out for the head
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

we prefer fingers, toes, noses, and ears. the cartilage is very savory.