User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: INFJ Moodiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I have met three INFJ females in my life, one of them I dated and all of them I would lable as mentally insane. Mood swings?! More like self-destructive rampages that immediatley switch to ear bleeding crys of apology. I do not get it at all. This could just be a coincidence but I dont know, I highly doubt it beings they all 3 (none if which knew each other) had very similiar "tantrums".

And the one INFJ male ive met (BMS) is truly a character but I wouldnt lable him insane like I do them. So I wonder if its just a gender thing or if they really where crazy.
    SDMF

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    I have met three INFJ females in my life, one of them I dated and all of them I would lable as mentally insane. Mood swings?! More like self-destructive rampages that immediatley switch to ear bleeding crys of apology. I do not get it at all. This could just be a coincidence but I dont know, I highly doubt it beings they all 3 (none if which knew each other) had very similiar "tantrums".

And the one INFJ male ive met (BMS) is truly a character but I wouldnt lable him insane like I do them. So I wonder if its just a gender thing or if they really where crazy.
    A controversial Texan POV! I consulted an expert on this (the wife) and she reckons all the Texans she met are gun-toting paranoiacs.

I have pointed out that such wild generalisations don't make any valid point and refuse to repeat it in this forum!

MBTI
    ERTP

Question for INFJs:

How does eating affect your mood swings? I'm not talking about binge-eating or comfort-eating but a physiological reaction that entails regular eating; one that leaves you kind of down afterwards.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Mood swings affects eating... eating does not affect mood swings.

I don't see how regular eating makes you feel "down".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If I am
    • tired
    • hungry
    • hot
    • need to pee
    • overstimulated
    • in physical discomfort/sick
    • in the middle of something
    • feeling unappreciated
    • around someone who is being emotional

I'm going to get cranky.

I vent, gripe, and rant a lot, but it's just my way of working through things and not a big deal. It shouldn't be taken too seriously (though don't dismiss what I'm saying if you want to be allowed to live).

If I EVER behaved like that I would be so mortified with myself that I don't think I'd ever leave my house again. It would be too humiliating.

I'll apologize for snapping at my husband or kids if they bother me while I'm cooking or something, but if someone has pushed me to the point where I really lose my composure with them, they are not going to hear an apology from me because they had it coming and probably it was long overdue. Even when I'm angry I do not say things I do not mean.

Nor do I tantrum. That's a waste of time and energy. If a person cannot be persuaded to act like a human being to me through decent means, I will just cut them out of my life. I will not try to control them through humiliating and debasing myself.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Question for INFJs:

How does eating affect your mood swings? I'm not talking about binge-eating or comfort-eating but a physiological reaction that entails regular eating; one that leaves you kind of down afterwards.
    Pasta and mashed potatoes make me sleepy, but that's not exactly a mood thing. Other than that, this kitty agrees with the mouse: "Mood swings affect eating... eating does not affect mood swings."

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'll apologize for snapping at my husband or kids if they bother me while I'm cooking or something, but if someone has pushed me to the point where I really lose my composure with them, they are not going to hear an apology from me because they had it coming and probably it was long overdue. Even when I'm angry I do not say things I do not mean.

Nor do I tantrum. That's a waste of time and energy. If a person cannot be persuaded to act like a human being to me through decent means, I will just cut them out of my life. I will not try to control them through humiliating and debasing myself.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Pasta and mashed potatoes make me sleepy, but that's not exactly a mood thing. Other than that, this kitty agrees with the mouse: "Mood swings affect eating... eating does not affect mood swings."
    True story.

MBTI
    INFJ

Eating making me feel down? Sleepy, possibly, but not to down. If anything a good meal will pick me back up.
    Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
    'Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.' -- Roman Soldier translated by Dream, "The Wake"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yeah, I have to eat. If I do not and my blood sugar gets low, I get shaky and irritable. Protein is my friend.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have met three INFJ females in my life, one of them I dated and all of them I would lable as mentally insane.
    Did they take the MBTI test and have INFJ as their result or do you equate mentally insane females with being INFJ? Just curious.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)