123 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Default If your an online junky, your not an E

I came accross some random writing on the behaviors of ENF and INF, and it was mentioned that you don't typically find that many extroverts hanging around online forums, but lots of INF's. I'm sure this was implying that typically an Extrovert would prefer to spend more time in the real world, face to face verbal interaction, pursuing tangible relations.

What do you think about this?
    If you are an E, how does your forum time balance out with your real life time?
    I am pretty certain of my extroversion, and I'm going to be honest.. I love typology, but I have recently become a forum junky BECAUSE my ability to socialize IRL is hindered, for various reasons. If I lived closer to friends and family, I don't think I would spend nearly as much time on sites like these as I do.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I came accross some random writing
    then treat is as a random writing, it obviously has no truth in it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    then treat is as a random writing, it obviously has no truth in it
    I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not Random doesn't equate not true. Could be undiscovered pattern, and I am still curious what my fellow extroverts, specifically the NF's think about this (as NF's are people oriented).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i know many E people who are total internet/forum/game addicts. also this forum has many ENFPs who spend more time on these forums than whats healthy. you dont see this happening on these forums? or how come its not as obvious to you as it is to me?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i know many E people who are total internet/forum/game addicts. also this forum has many ENFPs who spend more time on these forums than whats healthy. you dont see this happening on these forums? or how come its not as obvious to you as it is to me?
    I do see it. I also see alot of threads on E/I confusion, and people uncertain of their preference. I am not saying that you can't be an E and be online alot. (That was a question). Under the pretenses that an E prefers the external, prefers verbal over writen communication, and that NF's are people oriented, WHY would you spend more time in your home at a computer, using written communication, talking to people that you will probably never meet?

Now I realize that one could easily argue that forums are a form of socializing, that many topics discussed revolve around external events, and that being "people oriented" doesnt require in-person relations. I STILL want to know what fellow E's think about the topic.

Is that okay with you? If you don't see any value in my question on this, feel free to focus on the many other threads available to you.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i know many E's in real life and on internet outside this forum who could be viewed as internet addicts.

sure i bet its more common for I's, but it certainly isnt one of these that I's do and E's dont. E doesent mean people oriented, E means that your brains require much stimulation from outside of your head, it doesent have to be people, but ofc it can.

its not that i dont see a value in your question, its just that i am answering it..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Nah...that's bullshit. I believe the extraverts most likely to be Internet junkies are ENTPs and ENFPs.

The least likely are ESFJs and ESTJs.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Nah...that's bullshit. I believe the extraverts most likely to be Internet junkies are ENTPs and ENFPs.

The least likely are ESFJs and ESTJs.
    Do you think its Ne dom related? In a way, that makes sense to me. Unlimitied ideas at the click of a button.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Do you think its Ne dom related? In a way, that makes sense to me. Unlimitied ideas at the click of a button.
    YES YES YES!!! I was mentioning this in the ENFP/INTJ fetish thread, when Kalach asked how someone with dominant iNtuition could also be externally oriented...it's unlimited ideas, it's the fact that all of this information is here at your fingertips...not only that, but people - yes, glorious people - who one might have more in common with, one might find it easier to meet those with shared interests, or be intrigued by those living far away in countries we've never set foot in.

I'm also a writer/editor right now and I procrastinate by hanging around this site, then working, then procrastinating, lather, rinse, repeat.

Anew Leaf

sorry duplicated my post somehow.