User Tag List

First 456

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think its bunk, its a bit like suggesting that every lion has an antelope for breakfast when in reality they can only have one if there is one around, also, like I said before, Extroverts will prefer company to no company but it'll still need to be good company, if you're seeking the company of soul sucking emotional vampires and painful people for a thrill you're not an Extrovert you're either some kind of saint or some kind of masochistic neurotic.

You could as easily suggest that Extroverts participate in online forums while Introverts lurk.
    I am a magnet for these emotional black hole people. I've finally learned that I can escape their event horizon if I play dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am a magnet for these emotional black hole people. I've finally learned that I can escape their event horizon if I play dead.
    Ha! Do they ever phone an ambulance for you?

Anew Leaf

Ha! Do they ever phone an ambulance for you?
    One backed away real slow like. Another cried for days, rocking in the fetal position, mourning the loss of our 5 minute relationship that started when they hijacked me at Barnes and Noble to start telling me about their abusive childhood, and the last one did call an ambulance but their gravitional pull sucked the ambulance into themselves instead.

Glycerine

Hahahahaha, yikes. I had a girl the other day tell me for 15 minutes about why she is going to court and how the cops unfairly treated her and I hardly knew the girl. Interesting. Story of my life.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Hahahahaha, yikes. I had a girl the other day tell me for 15 minutes about why she is going to court and how the cops unfairly treated her and I hardly knew the girl. Interesting. Story of my life.
    The curse of the NF .

I like this ability when it's a friend... But not when it's random strangers.

You know I've told people about their self-disclosure tendencies straight when they're totally random strangers telling me things which are beyond the general small talk between strangers.

Most of the time people acting like that arent very reflective and are getting an other person to perform that task for them by exteriorising everything. Its worse if they have a clear idea of how you are going to react and get nasty if you dont conform to their expectation, like if they're looking you to validate some behaviour which you can only say no, you know what, you were wrong there and need to sort your crap out.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

You know I've told people about their self-disclosure tendencies straight when they're totally random strangers telling me things which are beyond the general small talk between strangers.

Most of the time people acting like that arent very reflective and are getting an other person to perform that task for them by exteriorising everything. Its worse if they have a clear idea of how you are going to react and get nasty if you dont conform to their expectation, like if they're looking you to validate some behaviour which you can only say no, you know what, you were wrong there and need to sort your crap out.
    Oooo, I really like that not-self reflecting bit. I am going to have to think on that, especially how to incorporate it into these social vampire exhanges without appearing like a heartless jerk.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Anew Leaf

Ah, yes. I have had to do this on occasion but it's rare that I do so. (I really should do it more often.)

I have a good instinct for when people want something emotionally out of me, and I will then make it my lifes mission to withhold it from them. This is why I hated pep rallies in school, and also why I hate nicholas sparks novels/movies.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Agreed about the social-life-ability being hindered. However, I don't view the internet as separate from being social and extraverted. I view it as an extension of my extraversion, as I will branch out and try to form long-lasting friendships regardless.
    I do think that the ESxx's are more scarce around the forum than any other Extraverted type. Sometimes there are just people who feel themselves to be more grounded if their feet are firmly planted in what they consider more of a reality. It might give way to the reasoning behind "NF Idyllic" and why you're bound to see a heap of ENFPs/ENFJs in comparison.

Also, would consider the types of posts the Extraverts make most frequently versus the types of posts Introverts make. What is the common denominator? What is the usual focus/basis of posts? I've also found myself to only come across as extraverted in certain areas of the forum itself- and I will interact with anyone, but pick and choose who I keep up my contact with. It's based purely on people and what social aspects can translate to the rest of my world, beyond the forum itself.
    For me, same goes for all other aspects of the internet. It's also a fantastic way to branch out and gain friendships throughout the world. Maybe looks introverted on a small scale, but feels extraverted on a large scale.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance