User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    LMFAO. I have explored the world, constantly, and meet new people all of the time. I have a lot of direct experience that other people don't. It's just that I'm older, I think, and have had to do things like keep a job and I don't feel the need as urgently to constantly change as I did when I was 18 or 20. Up until I was almost into my mid-twenties you couldn't really keep me in one place, at one job, or in a relationship.

I think a lot of people are sheltered compared to me. I don't know that any ENFP would be truly happy with *only* exploring the world through the Internet. I kind of think, though, that INxPs would be happy to live in a big pile of books as long as they kept learning, and had people that they loved to interact with.
    Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily the case. I'm just making a joke.

I don't know where I fall sometimes myself. I was more extroverted in my childhood and teens. My social circles closed after that. A lot of that had to do with my own conclusions and general wariness with some aspects of the world... I put the "brakes" on in a "Ji" kind of way. I established a better sense of value orientation. For example, ever since I quit doing drugs (about/around after highschool), I had a difficult time ever finding any healthy social niche to mobilize me. People everywhere around me were stepping it up with partying, while I was pulling back. I'd sometimes try to be friendly and give people the benefit of the doubt - only to fall back on my original conclusion. That what they were doing was retarded. I don't want to be around it. Additionally, I thought I could find more sober/sane social circles by going to church... only to find that they pissed me off in other ways. I get lost searching for meaning somewhere.. somewhere to belong.. and I often do it in a passive way. With reading or the net, for example. Lastly, I kind of have hated all of the jobs I've had, so I've jumped around and quit many of those easily, without forming any bonds.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I'd say it's that... extroverts are less likely to become forum/chat junkies... but this isn't always the case. I know plenty of DEFINITE extroverts that also love to spend time online chatting, on forums, searching their interests or that are computer geeks as well.

And I don't think it's necessarily INFx's who are more likely to spend time online, but more likely to research and be drawn to mbti, and therefore forums much like this one.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I am still curious what my fellow extroverts, specifically the NF's think about this (as NF's are people oriented).
    The internet has people. Lots of them. All over the place.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I became more of a forum junkie when I moved 800 miles across country and ended up working from home with no car in Tallahassee (not exactly a pedestrian or biking accessible city). I met everyone on my block pretty quickly and started using forums more too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, no. Maybe everyone on this forum should change their type to Ixxx right now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    You can be an internet junkie and a social butterfly!

You might have to give up some sleep and other human necessities, however.
    yeah that's sort of how my life works

i don't sleep much

What's it mean when they say NFs are people oriented? I'm not sure I'm doing anything special there. Not even on the net. I don't chat often, don't have facebook, I haven't blogged about any outreach programs to save the world, etc..

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm confused now. I would think that online junkies would be somewhat evenly divided on E/I because the Internet itself is a form of external input. And the discussions happening online are often a lot more interesting than "in the real world."
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    What's it mean when they say NFs are people oriented? I'm not sure I'm doing anything special there. Not even on the net. I don't chat often, don't have facebook, I haven't blogged about any outreach programs to save the world, etc..
    THis is a good question KDude. What does people-oriented really mean? Anyone want to elaborate? I saw this as one who's interests lie more around people than things.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'm confused now. I would think that online junkies would be somewhat evenly divided on E/I because the Internet itself is a form of external input. And the discussions happening online are often a lot more interesting than "in the real world."
    I don't know about an Entirely even divide... specifically for people spending tremendous amounts of time on forums. Maybe? I notice that as far as NF's go.. I don't see too many ENFJ's on forums and I wonder why that is... I also think the N outweights the S on this type of forum.. I attribute that to S preferring a concrete, practical world. Ultimately, I think my question involving ENF's online really comes down to being Ne dom. Maybe there are other reasons (as I previously mentioned the obvious arguments of forums still being social experiences and external events.)

Anyhow, it really doesn't matter as no one is 100% any preference. We use all our functions, blah blah... I really just wanted to see if there is indeed a pattern of more introverts online, and to explore the motivations of E's being online (ALOT).
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts