User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I think part of it is that most people crave social interaction but they just don't want to deal with the people in their personal life.
    Right. My point was that you aren't avoiding social interactions by partaking in them exclusively online, you're just pacifying that same yearning extroverts have for sociability by doing so in a more selective and desirable medium.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Right. My point was that you aren't avoiding social interactions by partaking in them exclusively online, you're just pacifying that same yearning for sociability by doing so in a more selective and desirable medium.
    Exactly, I am on forums, I chat with people on AIM or vent, and I also talk to people IRL - at least some - on a daily basis. I live with a bunch of roommates so I'm constantly exposed to people. I do use the phone more selectively, though. It's not like I'm hiding in a hole alone on the Internet all day.

Glycerine

On another vein, I usually seek out social interaction a lot more when I am stressed but away from the people or things who/are causing it....more like a distraction. Case in point, this forum. I post a lot more. hahaha, you know something is wrong with me when I talk excessively,I am being obnoxious, and I can't stop moving.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    On another vein, I usually seek out social interaction a lot more when I am stressed but away from the people or things who/are causing it....more like a distraction. Case in point, this forum. I post a lot more. hahaha, you know something is wrong with me when I talk excessively,I am being obnoxious, and I can't stop moving.
    I genuinely enjoy the discussions here with people. It's much more difficult IRL to just walk up to random people and start conversations with them about the ideas I'd like to discuss. I find many people dull, even if they're nice. They don't engage me intellectually. I think ENxx will be on forums more, for that reason, still seeking social interaction ...but seeking specific social interaction where they can have a lot of theoretical, idea-based discussions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

BULLSHIT

not only am i an E and an online junkie, i know plenty of Es (just off the top of my head an ENFJ, ESFP, ENFP) who are online junkies. we just interact excitedly with both worlds.

if anyone's ever enough of a stalker to look at my online patterns, it'll be like online for 5 hours at a time, then nothing for 10 hours. then 4 hours online. then nothing for 20 hours. then 2 hours. then nothing for 48 hours. then like 8 hours to make up for what i missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh
    I think part of it is that most people crave social interaction but they just don't want to deal with the people in their personal life.

talking with you guys here helps me get my social fix if i'm not in a place where i can be very social or if i'm just annoyed with everyone in my life.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

You can be an internet junkie and a social butterfly!

You might have to give up some sleep and other human necessities, however.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Being an extravert in the Jungian sense doesn't mean being a social butterfly.

In medieval Bulgaria, you would have been a true extrovert. I guess that's the downside of the net for a leading N type. Back then, you'd have no choice to feed your need for research except by exploring the world.. and reaping all of those little intangible benefits of direct experience to boot.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    In medieval Bulgaria, you would have been a true extrovert. I guess that's the downside of the net for a leading N type. Back then, you'd have no choice to feed your need for research except by exploring the world.. and reaping all of those little intangible benefits of direct experience to boot.
    LMFAO. I have explored the world, constantly, and meet new people all of the time. I have a lot of direct experience that other people don't. It's just that I'm older, I think, and have had to do things like keep a job and I don't feel the need as urgently to constantly change as I did when I was 18 or 20. Up until I was almost into my mid-twenties you couldn't really keep me in one place, at one job, or in a relationship.

I think a lot of people are sheltered compared to me. I don't know that any ENFP would be truly happy with *only* exploring the world through the Internet. I kind of think, though, that INxPs would be happy to live in a big pile of books as long as they kept learning, and had people that they loved to interact with.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*looks at post count*

oh shit... I guess I shouldn't be on here!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett