User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Nah...that's bullshit. I believe the extraverts most likely to be Internet junkies are ENTPs and ENFPs.

The least likely are ESFJs and ESTJs.
    I agree.

I appreciate the human contact without the contact.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I hate normal people, and I don't find much to talk about with them.

I spend 95% of my time online. Spend all of it pestering people about my crazy ideas, or asking my friends questions and discussing theories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I hate normal people, and I don't find much to talk about with them.

I spend 95% of my time online. Spend all of it pestering people about my crazy ideas, or asking my friends questions and discussing theories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I agree.

I appreciate the human contact without the human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I agree.

I appreciate the human contact without the contact.
    LOL

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    LOL
    I fail at internetz today. Also I changed my mind on what I was going to say and got caught.... You were too quick for me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Are we talking forum addicts only, 'cause "online junkie" can mean someone who's really into gaming or social networking sites as well. Not everyone's on it for the ideas. Many young people of all types spend a lot of time online, but do other things. I've had people say things to me like, "Why do you always just read stuff on there?" like they'd consider that boring.

And even with forums, it would depend on the subject matter. Ne-doms are the most common extraverted type on here (and Ne aux types are the most common introverts last time I checked), but that likely varies depending on what the forum's about.

Glycerine

I go online when I feel stressed. My INFP mom was telling me the other day that computer and sleeping were my coping mechanisms when I don't want to face my problems. It's amazing that my GPA is above a 3.0.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I came accross some random writing on the behaviors of ENF and INF, and it was mentioned that you don't typically find that many extroverts hanging around online forums, but lots of INF's. I'm sure this was implying that typically an Extrovert would prefer to spend more time in the real world, face to face verbal interaction, pursuing tangible relations.

What do you think about this?
    If you are an E, how does your forum time balance out with your real life time?
    I am pretty certain of my extroversion, and I'm going to be honest.. I love typology, but I have recently become a forum junky BECAUSE my ability to socialize IRL is hindered, for various reasons. If I lived closer to friends and family, I don't think I would spend nearly as much time on sites like these as I do.
    me too exactly and the reason i love this particular forum is because it's so active it's like just im'ing a bunch of people throughout the day on various interesting topics...and i'm pretty sure extraverts love chatting all day with people through phone, text or im all the time..i know i do...i feel way weird if i go a whole day without talking to people in some way.

so...i think it varies a lot based on what kind of interaction is taking place.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Forums are essentially human interaction stripped down to its bare essentials; I'm still interacting with others in some form, so I don't really get when people attempt to say they use the internet as an escape from dealing with people. I just think it tends to attract more introverts because it allows them to satisfy any already less prominent urge for sociability at their own discretion without being subject to the conversational norms involved in regular, face-to-face conversation. The only point containing validity I could see towards E's not being interested online related interactions is based on them being action oriented, thus perhaps finding the slower pacing of a forum based interactions stifling their ability to draw energy from a conversation, which is generally what they thrive on.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Forums are essentially human interaction stripped down to its bare essentials; I'm still interacting with others in some form, so I don't really get when people attempt to say they use the internet as an escape from dealing with people. I just think it tends to attract more introverts because it allows them to satisfy any already less prominent urge for sociability at their own discretion without being subject to the conversational norms involved in regular, face-to-face conversation. The only point containing validity I could see towards E's not being interested online related interactions is based on them being action oriented, thus perhaps finding the slower pacing of a forum based interactions stifling their ability to draw energy from a conversation, which is generally what they thrive on.
    I think part of it is that most people crave social interaction but they just don't want to deal with the people in their personal life. In essence, you can interact with people online but not necessarily be emotionally invested. I know that I like you guys but when I am away in the real world, I rarely think of any of you. It's like a flip switches. This is why I would not want to have anything to do with you guys in relationships and such.