First 234

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

G'luck!

Ok, someone start a general thread, I don't like starting threads and I wanna keep exploring ENFPs and their exercise routines here, while doing this project thing in another thread where others are welcome as well
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

courtesy of chachamaru:
    Yoga-Dance Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Lol, I'm aware of that, but the majority seems to be female
    And something tells me you won't mind their pics either

Or us yours...it's a win-win situation. We can all learn from each other
    I thought I had a pic of me doing chakrasana [wheel pose] on top of Mt. Evans, but I don't seem to see it. 533a.jpg

The attached pic is more literally "posing" [as in for a camera picture] than it is being in a pose/asana. I'll keep searching for backbend pics though

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I am just getting into yoga. Been going to classes for about a month now. I have a martial arts background but haven't practiced that in several years.

Yoga is awesome so far. I love that it completely empties my brain. This one teacher I have sometimes tells us to "return to what you were before you were born." That really made sense to me and sometimes by the time I get out of there I'm like completely blank but not at the same time and I have this awesome perspective.

Also, my muscles feel really good.

I remember thinking at some point not long after I started... "yoga is like totally NFP"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

So I didn't really answer the questions at all...

I have been practicing at a studio that is just a few minutes from my work. I go one night a week immediately after work and also on Saturday mornings. 90 minutes each time.

Also... I am like friend to everyone and it seems people I know keep wanting me to be the person to go with them so they aren't there all alone in a group of strangers the first time they go. So that keeps me going back too.

I'm still a total newbie myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I started yoga to de-stress & get some exercise to just feel better & have more energy. I actually used to do pilates, then took a piyo class (pilates & yoga) at a local gym and liked the "flow" of it, so then I took a yoga class when one started at a convenient time for me, and I fell in love with it. I now prefer yoga to pilates. I have realized that not all yoga classes/teachers are created equal. I was fortunate to start off with a really good teacher in a small class.

Now I do yoga once a week for about an hour at home by myself. I do an ashtanga style yoga....mainly sun salutations & other moves that flow into each other & keep your heart rate up. I sometimes work in some pilates moves also.

Since I have a flexible schedule, it's easy to find time, but actually harder to be consistent, because I'm not naturally inclined to create my own structure & routines. When I worked full time & went to the same class every week, I was more consistent, because I had to be scheduled to fit everything in & I felt a sense of commitment.

I read somewhere that women drawn to yoga & pilates tend to have naturally long, lean, flexible body types, and so they find it "rewarding" because they are good at it....that's pretty true of me. If I were to get into dance, I'd probably be drawn to something like ballet for similar reasons.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've always considered myself "non-athletic" and despise competition and overwhelming exercise (ie. bootcamp-like stuff), so finding yoga (and pilates) was very eye-opening for me. I realized I can enjoy physical movement.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yesss... I've finally found the solution to this dilemma. I tend to not be able to enjoy soomething without having an oversight, so I spent a month learning about yoga, about safety in yoga poses, about anatomy, and about the different styles. Then I found an online class you could sign up for and am currently in the privacy of my own home taking Vinyasa yoga classes, from the beginners series, whenever I want, at whatever hour i want

I've done the same with Bellydance. Though I've been dancing for ages, I've missed the structure you'd get from a class, and the oversight you get from researching something, so I was able to find an online bellydance class with someone who really breaks down which moves exist, how to really practise them, layer them, and then put them all together to create an actual dance.

Perfect!

The effing insecurity of whether or not I was doing the moves right and was learning the right basis to progress, was driving me nuts and keeping me at in stasis at beginners level, not to mention making me resentful/bored when practising (which led to procrastination)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I read somewhere that women drawn to yoga & pilates tend to have naturally long, lean, flexible body types, and so they find it "rewarding" because they are good at it....that's pretty true of me. If I were to get into dance, I'd probably be drawn to something like ballet for similar reasons..
    (Bump)

Hmm… It would be interesting to read your source. The idea that our body determines what our interests would then be makes sense. I don’t mind yoga at all, but I have a different body type and have never been attracted to ballet. I’m short (5’2”) and small-waisted and hippy and busty. I’ve always been drawn to more sensual and earthy dance styles that are higher energy. I appreciate ballet as an art form but it’s definitely not “me” in body, which makes sense it would correlate with it not being "me" in mind.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Why do you practise yoga or dance?
    Because I love it! It's the first form of self-expression I learned, so it's very special to me.

What do you get out of it?
    A lightness. I feel like I'm finally expressing things, a weight is lifted off my shoulders, and I can fly.

How often do you practise?
    Unfortunately, not nearly as often as I'd like.

What keeps you motivated to practise?
    The love of it.

How do you practically work it into your schedule?
    I don't right now. Working on freeing up evenings for it.

How long do you usually practise every time?
    Half hour to an hour when I do.

Where do you practise?
    All depends on the dance form.