First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

*mulls*

Mmm..but I do like the idea of like rapporting on what you're working on with your yoga and dancing. Or what you ended up doing in your dancing or yoga and how it made yo ufeel (can we get anymore NFP? ), or like in the other threads, pick an inspiration or technique to focus on for like two weeks. It would be like a way to encourage each other to remember dancing and the joys/benefits it can hold as well as working on an art, really

Those that want to, can post pics of course. I'm sure the boys will love them for it as well
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

It could be a really odd picture... like of a timer... or a sweaty sock... or a wrinkled tie...
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL, that would be awesome
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Yay!

This is good!
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Why do you practise yoga or dance?
    i do both...dancing is related to my post in the fetishists thread last night: it's me being more ME than just about anything else i can think of. liberating and invigorating and more fun than you can shake a stick at. (besides perhaps zipping around town on a vespa. )

but yoga is my church. the rest of my post is yoga-oriented. i'll send you a pic of me dancing that would answer your questions on that (and deepen your conclusion that i am a true nutter, haha.)

What do you get out of it?
    physical exuberance combined with total relaxation. and inner peace. hell, i'll say it: joy.

yoga is a journey towards integrating your body and mind and soul. each are developing at different paces over the course of each session, and overall. it's beautiful to see it unfold.

How often do you practise?
    4-5 times/week.

What keeps you motivated to practise?
    it's one of the most intelligent forms of exercise, imo. but it's also an internal dialogue with moments of true freedom. it's utterly peaceful. an opportunity to identify your weaknesses, meet them and overcome them. each pose tells a story about you and your relationship with your body and psyche. those that are easy for you are opportunities to go deeper into the pose. those that seem impossible are gradually within your reach, and you find gratification and then surrender yourself back to the challenge when you hit walls or you're ready for a more advanced modification of the same pose.

i learn more about myself in yoga than almost any other activity i have undertaken. i was a cyclist for my uni, and that came close. but this is something altogether different and the beauty is that it (and you) evolves over time.

the other reason i do yoga? have you seen "yoga bods"??? hehe yoga will find every awesome part of your body and draw it out. and give you stamina that you never thought you had. and i don't need to tell you where those things find their highest application.

(and besides, 'fore long someone's gonna drop by and elucidate you on this in disgusting detail anyway. *yawn*)

How do you practically work it into your schedule?
    perforce. i need yoga the way other people need coffee. but not an addiction, just something i rely on as being vital to my well-being. i never go more than 2 days without going into the studio or doing it at home if nec.

(p.s. i sometimes ask friends to do 10-day yoga challenges with me. some of my friends do the bar method or pilates to lose weight or prepare for...bikini season hehe. my studio has a promotion that lets new members do 10 days for 10USD. that's a ridiculously good deal, so i've conned a few friends into doing these with me. their bfs thank them for the bods they end up with--it sculpts your muscles in the most beautiful way. so i'd get a friend and do a "yoga challenge" together and see what happens...it's nice to have a buddy when you're getting started.)

How long do you usually practise every time?
    90 minutes

Where do you practise?
    at a studio in my nabe. heated to 110F!
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'm with Skylights on most points, I loved your post btw, but I cannot seem to..find the motivation to get started on it. I've done interval bellydancing and yoga for years now and although I *love* the feel of it, I also feel guilty for doing something that takes up my time and bores me mentally, whileI could be doing so many other things. Otoh, I *love* how it makes you feel. I find that dancing goes easier when I'm in company, when I can interact through my body with others, really (I did ballroom dancing).

that's funny, i'm a little too self-conscious to be more free dancing with others. i feel better when it's just me (unless i have alcohol in which case i will dance with EVERYONE). but my body is not really quite up to what i want it to be, so i feel like that's where about 99% of my insecurity comes from.

as for not feeling like it's "productive"... i just consider it exercise and write it off that way

I also have trouble timing it. You cannot have eaten within 2 hours, and I'm not a morning person. I also get really absorbed in what I'm doing during the day, making me forget about it. It's maddening.
    i understand. hardest part of the battle is getting there.

i have certain gym classes that are just blocked into my schedule, that i Do Not Miss. they are more important to me than my school classes - because i can study anytime, but i don't have that dance floor with mirror space, or yoga instructor, any time i want.

but i'm not really the most consistent, either, when it comes to classes that aren't blocked in, or just practicing on my own time. i feel like it helps if i have a "project" to work on - a certain dance or set of moves or yoga sequence or pose.

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina
    (and besides, 'fore long someone's going to drop by and elucidate you on this in disgusting detail anyway. *shudder*)
    oh mmhmm... you've been summoned...

Quote Originally Posted by chachamaru View Post
    Forum Challenge?

3 hours a week dancing or yoga?

Pics or it didn't happen?
    i'm in!!

expect crappy phonecam pictures until i find my real camera. it's somewhere in moving boxes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Those that want to, can post pics of course. I'm sure the boys will love them for it as well
    of dancing? yoga? both?

haha, mama like.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

this is private you say? howso? well, i'll take this shit down in a few hours most likely and replace it with a yoga strap...but here ya go.

taken shortly after a car accident last yr (you can see where the airbag deployed under my clavicle. wicked.)

this is posted elsewhere so fuck it.

louboutins baby! (oh and: is twitter public?? )

put 'em together and you got a frankengirl.

a'ight. enough o that. there's an operating expenses spreadsheet calling my name. but, yeah. YOGA!
    ~ Catherine the Great

Johari.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ohh honey, its private in that the non-NFs cannot barge in here, but they can see still everything!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Start today?
    a cat is fine too