• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] An honest opinion on Conan O'Brien (from NFs).

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Jon Stewart > Stephen Cobert > Jon Stewart's dog > Conan O'brien > Conan O'brien's dog > Bill Mayer (sp?) > Jon Stewart's dog's excrement > Glenn Beck

>Jay Leno

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP (x 1,000,000)

this is my guess too.

i think i'd find him funnier if he were an enfp...like craig ferguson....love him. :)
do nts seem to like him more? just curious

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i dunno, my INTP brother thinks he's kinda boring but we both find daniel tosh hilarious. i'm 99.9% sure tosh is ENTP.

conan doesn't seem quite as gleeful when he's an ass... you know? that's what has me wondering F - like when tosh says something cutting you can just see the glee in his face. i see Ne in conan too but he's "softer" in some ways. i have an ENTP cousin too, conan is more like my cousin, they're both a little warmer - like they'd cut you down because it's funny but then they' say something nice. conan just has these little weird bits of sincerity - he shares a life lesson "i'm not trying to be funny here, i really mean this, just sometimes you know [life lesson]", or he talks about how great his crew is or whatever, that seem more Fi-ish than Fe-ish. but it's hard to know. working a crowd is more Fe than Fi for sure.

okay i'm torn ENxP :laugh:

BAJ said:
Jon Stewart's dog's excrement > Glenn Beck

:hifive:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I gotta agree with others that he's an ENTP.

Basically, I'd claim him as an NF, but he acts more theoretical than emotional, and xNTPs are honorary xNFPs because we love them like brothers (so not an NF but willing to be claimed by NFPs = xNTP) :blush:

F

figsfiggyfigs

woody_woodpecker.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
[YOUTUBE="-xQhMHv4KPU"]lol[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube="ysUXwh6aCcc"]lol2[/youtube]

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't know who the guy is that plays "Raisin" in this video, but I've seen him in several Conan skits and think he's hilarious.

[YOUTUBE="qawJEa3REV4"]lol3[/YOUTUBE]

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think xNFP....yes, possibly INFP. Read an interview with the him, where he's not being a comedian...he has a very "romantic" attitude (in the true sense), sort of just opportunity-hopped his way through life (no set goals or clear planning), and describes himself as having been a quiet, sensitive kid (not the class clown type). He still strikes me as very sensitive & uses a lot of self-deprecating humor.

Anyway, I don't think he's very funny of late, but years ago (like 10+), I thought his show was hilarious.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdOyHg33C4g&feature=related"]Conan O'Brien[/YOUTUBE]

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'd like to make it clear that I'm not doing the "I'm his/her type, 'cause I think their awesome" kind of thing. I've been watching his show for quite sometime and I thought that some of his personality traits, and the way he views things matches up with some of my traits and the way I view things (practically my personality in general).

conan doesn't seem quite as gleeful when he's an ass... you know? that's what has me wondering F - like when tosh says something cutting you can just see the glee in his face.

I get harsh and take shots at my friends at times just like Conan does, - my friends themselves, tell me that I do this, I personally think it's because of my variable T(INXP). And I think that shows in Conan like you said. So you can tell Conan's an ENXP from this but.....

I think xNFP....yes, possibly INFP. Read an interview with the him, where he's not being a comedian...he has a very "romantic" attitude (in the true sense), sort of just opportunity-hopped his way through life (no set goals or clear planning), and describes himself as having been a quiet, sensitive kid (not the class clown type). He still strikes me as very sensitive & uses a lot of self-deprecating humor.

Anyway, I don't think he's very funny of late, but years ago (like 10+), I thought his show was hilarious.

I actually did see this... and other people on other threads had said he was an INFP because of this... which made me give him the XNXP type instead of just the ENXP type and.....

"after it became clear the two had a strong rapport, something Smigel noticed after sending Richter to join O'Brien on stage during a practice run-through, hoping to calm the host down when it became obvious that Conan was very nervous on camera.[5]"

- The 'two' were Andy Richter(The co-host) and Conan O'Brien. This anxiety, along with the above interview showing that he wasn't really a class clown more of the timid kid, may move him between Ixxx & Exxx.

So... in conclusion, - I still think he's an XNXP. :solidarity:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i think i'd find him funnier if he were an enfp...like craig ferguson....love him. :)
do nts seem to like him more? just curious

I love Ferguson's humor. For my personal tastes, he's right in the same ballpark with Conan. No matter which types they are, it's definitely Ne humor (xNxP).