User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Haha, that is not correct We also have a romantic streak. Sometimes. I do.
    I'm not an ace in english, but i'm kind of awesome in swedish. Done some attempts at a book, but i'm not really satisfied. And I write poems quite good when there is inspiration. (Love, extreme bitterness, hate etc.)

And if I drink a bottle of red wine i'm the most poetic drunk guy in the building, fo' shizzle!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Haha, that is not correct We also have a romantic streak. Sometimes. I do.
    I'm not an ace in english, but i'm kind of awesome in swedish. Done some attempts at a book, but i'm not really satisfied. And I write poems quite good when there is inspiration. (Love, extreme bitterness, hate etc.)

And if I drink a bottle of red wine i'm the most poetic drunk guy in the building, fo' shizzle!
    ^^ Alcea, Jesus brought up something you should consider too, the language of your fluency may not be the language of your poetry. Find one that speaks to you.

Failing which, alcohol works for poetry... or at the very least, it'd be entertaining.

I think ESTPs could tend to romantic adventure escapades. As with ENTPs. We're different only in the way we choose to escape.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I have noticed that many people here are very poetic. I am not. I'm not very poetic in my native language and I'm even less poetic in English.

Me being not poetic has some psychological test proof too. I took some career couseling psychological tests when I was younger. The result was that my skills are not typical compared to similar aged females. I had good results in Ne related stuff (there were a story and I had to make up the gaps in the story), Te related stuff (ordering names really fast to alphabetical order etc.) but not even average results when trying to figure out synonyms to words which meant that I'm probably not very talanted verbally.

I tried to connect philosophy (and what was that other thing there) to MBTI functions in one thread. Now I'm trying to connect poetic nature of a person to a MBTI function.

So,
    Do you think being poetic or really good in writing has anything to do with MBTI functions or types?

Ni? Si?
    Incidentally.. what is your native language?

Genuine poetry for the most part is Ne Fi.
    A free flow that is.

Not always.

MBTI
    INTP

just based on a very general view of poetry and the people who write it well, i'd say that the most useful function as defined by mbti would be Fi... preferably as the primary function. so isfps or infps would have a natural advantage in the area.

of course that's not to say other types w/ strong Fi or other types period can't write poetry well, just that Fi seems to be built w/ such inclinations.

heart on fire

I was once but really anymore.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    For once, look at us, the guys who are called artisans
    Can you spin us up a sea shanty?

MBTI
    ENFP

Yes, I too am poetic
    Dont know how or why, but I guess what we feel has to be expressed beautifully and in depth- which only poetry can provide. Also NFs are all about creating beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i always thought of it as some combination of Fi and Ne.

all of the extremely poetic people i know are xNFPs.
    Agreed

MBTI
    infp

How are we defining "poetic" here?

I can see why people are saying Fi and Ne would be good, and I can see why they would, but I agree with the people who say it isn't limited to that. I think sensors and thinkers can be poetic too, like Edger Allen Poe... he seems like an NT to me and he wrote a lot of poetry and described it as being his greatest passion.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Can you spin us up a sea shanty?
    Well, of course my dear lass!

Depending on if you want me to sing one of the numerous ones I know and have sung often in the past and present, or make a new one I could make a new one, easily, but it'd take a few minutes (just gotta love that smiley)

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

heart on fire

Oh your choice, but a new one would be sweet.

I like "The Ghosts of Cape Horn" by Gordon Lightfoot.