User Tag List

First 12

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    So you don't think she sounds like an INFJ...any idea what she sounds like? Do you think there's any mileage in the idea that she is, but the enneagram type or experienecs make a difference? Do you think I sound INFJ?
    I think there must be something magical about her that you seem to be really value the friendship and wanted to develop a much stronger bond. I suppose she might be quite chrasmatic?

Anyhow, you definitely sound INFJ to me, and when it comes to your friend, she seems like an ExxP to me. I can't see any clues of Introversion at all based on your description. Though I'm still trying to master typology as I'm fairly new to this arena. Perhaps you should consult with those who have vast knowledge in this field beside me.

MBTI
    INFJ

All the strong, outward displays of emotion don't sound very INFJ to me, at least based on my sample. Also, EVERYONE I have given the humanmetrics test to comes up INFJ or ISTJ... I don't know. I don't trust humanmetrics. 3 friends w/ drastically different personalities and similar interests cannot all be INFJ, right? Right?

Edit: the probability of this is low.

MBTI
    INFJ

Your description of your friend reminds me of my ENFJ cousin or this ENFP girl I know. Are you very sure she's introverted? She seemes to be perceiving and feeling for sure. And how are you sure she is intuitive and not sensing? Not trying to interrogate you, just wondering if theres more evidence here that could help out.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

In terms of the introversion, she describes herself as a hermit... she thinks I'm the one with the major social life, but I think I just make more of an effort. (Many other people have made the mistake of thinking I'm very extroverted, which apparently happens a lot to the somewhat more extroverted INFJs...I know I am an introvert, though.) It's funny, I am starting to wonder a little too if she could actually be an E who circumstances have driven to be more introverted. I think she's had a lot of people in her life in recent years who she's withdrawn from a lot because of getting hurt and so on, but she can make instant friends with some people, especially Arabs, especially Arab men... *rolleyes* We didn't become instant friends though. It took a little while (not ages, but a little while) and then we started talking about mutual interests, and about our lives, and just found that we had some things in common and took an interest where we didn't have things in common.

Perhaps someone could help with this: what would an ExxP look like if circumstances and hurt forced them to become more withdrawn? When she's been depressed and going through a lot of issues, she withdraws to a frightening extent. I mean, really frightening because she's sometimes been suicidal as well. I don't know if that's just to do with suffering depression, though. We have quite a lot of mutual friends and she has "gone through" more friends than I have, in terms of being good friends with people but then falling out with them or having more distanced relationships. I tend to be more easy going and thus somewhat easier to get along with - I don't fall out with people much. Not that she (usually) has screaming fights with people but she does get offended quite easily...like I said though, she can make up more easily too.

Her health is not the best and she's pretty exhausted a lot of the time, so that could force her to be more introverted too. It's just that she's always saying that she needs time and space to herself, which doesn't seem too extroverted...

As for the N: she's more imaginative, whimsical, contemplative, future-oriented and prone to cosmic musings on life than I would imagine the average S to be...but that could be me subscribing to stereotypes.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ

I think she could be an ENFP. They can be quite sensitive it seems like so it may be easier for them to withdraw and seem introverted than other extraverts. The 2 ENFPs I've known haven't seemed to have very active social lives due to life circumstances but they are without a doubt extraverts. Maybe shes an INFP though.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Mhm...mind you, she's not that keen on going out in recent years, but it seems like whenever I come round to her place she's on the phone and/or on Skype, Facebook etc, talking, chatting, writing emails... I'm really starting to wonder if she's a withdrawn ENFP. It kind of fits in a lot of ways.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING