User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by headhurts View Post
    Easy... it's called to admire or respect another, to have faith and trust in their decisions and ideas.

The ENFPs i know don't seem to trust anyone else's opinions consistently... They seem to doubt much others ideas.
    I don't know if I agree with you on this one...I mean...you're basing this off of one, maybe two people?

There are people whose opinions I trust almost to a fault...that I believe as right when it is really just their opinion. Like a favorite professor, parent, etc. Now, these people have, of course, done something to make me feel like their opinion deserves it...

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I don't know if I agree with you on this one...I mean...you're basing this off of one, maybe two people?

There are people whose opinions I trust almost to a fault...that I believe as right when it is really just their opinion. Like a favorite professor, parent, etc. Now, these people have, of course, done something to make me feel like their opinion deserves it...
    Agreed.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Why would you follow anyone's advice consistently? One must have a mind of one's own.
    yeah. for sure.

I don't know, it sounds like they maybe do or did something that you don't like personally and you're trying to spread it across all ENFPs

[edit] i don't mean that in a mean way...just, i don't know, something doesn't seem quite right

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I know definitely one, possibly two ENFPs. They seem to be impressed (at times) by some abstraction of a person or moment; but not by A PARTICULAR person themselves, just a part of them in a specific moment.

Anyone else get that feeling?
    my ENFP best friend is definitely impressed by some people (me included )

This doubt i'm talking about is a doubt of ideas, not of intentions.

For example, they'll trust me enough to talk about their worries, and they'll count on me to there, but they won't follow anyones advice consistently.
    heh, my best friend ALWAYS calls me for advice. and she always listens.

i'm not saying this isn't a trend for your ENFPs, but it doesn't apply to every one, that's for sure.

actually, i'm fairly close to 3 ENFPs, and they all call me for my advice. and i think they're all pretty impressed by me. at least, they tell me so.

sorry to be so self serving

MBTI
    INxJ

I don't know how to respond to that, nameless, except to say that when you ask for advice, it's the most likely time you're looking for input. That's the time when people are most likely to have the greatest impact on your course of action (the one who's asking).

When a person i admire gives me advice, I take it with great weight and respect. My ENFP friends, seem to say "hmm, okay" and move along.

MBTI
    INxJ

Haha, yeah, maybe this ENFPs circle of friends are just uninspiring. It's probably a one off thing.

The problem is, I'm dating him... :/

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know how to respond to that, nameless, except to say that when you ask for advice, it's the most likely time you're looking for input. That's the time when people are most likely to have the greatest impact on your course of action (the one who's asking).

When a person i admire gives me advice, I take it with great weight and respect. My ENFP friends, seem to say "hmm, okay" and move along.
    Hmm...It seems like your ego is getting involved here.

I pretty much know what I am going to do, or the way something is, or how I feel about it, so, honestly, I rarely ask for advice.

I think the fact that they are even asking you for your advice is very telling, (in a positive way).
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

Okay, I the "hmm, okay" part.

There are two times I do this.
    One is when I ask my dad for advice. He gives me advice, and then gives me advice on top of that that I didn't really ask for. At some point in the advice-giving session, I decided that I got what I had needed, and I had already "checked out" of the conversation mentally before he was done because he sort of surpassed my question. So the hmmm, okay was for the extra stuff, even though I listened to the rest and got a lot out of it.

My advice, if this is happening, is to give a little bit of advice, and if an ENFP is interested, he or she will 100% ask you another question or urge you to go on, pretty much guaranteed.

The other time I do hmm, okay and move on is because I chew over conversations and advice long after they are over or given. I'll get advice from a professor and then get up and leave only to e-mail them back 3 hours later with what I think about it after I have been chewing the conversation over in my head for all that time. So the advice you give may not have been taken lightly at all, but may look like it has been...

MBTI
    istp

My ENFP friends, seem to say "hmm, okay" and move along.
    i am way too stubborn to take advice and i am certainly not an ENFP, i dont think it's something that is intrinsic to the type

you should also consider the possibility that your advice sucks

MBTI
    ENFP

Haha, yeah, maybe this ENFPs circle of friends are just uninspiring. It's probably a one off thing.

The problem is, I'm dating him... :/
    I think that's weird that his group of friends are uninspiring...I'd think that he would be bored as an ENFP with uninspiring friends