User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

so I think this guy is just over me now even tho he's suggesting meeting up next month, when I emailed last week to confirm dates he never responded. I'm not sure why he'd bother bringing it up if he's just going to ignore me. I don't get it...

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Translation: I think you are nice and would hang out with you (and that's all, not romantic).

Sidenote- If he didn't invite you to hang out politely that would be death sentence. Also here in the south people extend courtesy invites all the time that never materialize and are not meant to. It is a polite formality and just extends friendliness

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by paddington bear View Post
    so I think this guy is just over me now even tho he's suggesting meeting up next month, when I emailed last week to confirm dates he never responded. I'm not sure why he'd bother bringing it up if he's just going to ignore me. I don't get it...
    He might be trying to be polite. (Which is usually more painful than being straightforward ever would have been.) Or may not want conflict and is trying to fade out. Regardless of his possible motivations, I would pay attention to his actions. That will tell you all you need to know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

thanks guys --you are the best! after years of over-analyzing relationships I'm determined to just let actions speak for themselves. If someone likes you, they'll make it known and want to be around you. not rocket science. I'm tired of looking for hidden meaning/motivation. if this dude is interested in me, he can put forth some effort, otherwise I need to move on.

violaine

^I made up my mind to do this a little while ago. It's very freeing! Good luck.

(I'm INFJ. I have come to think that it's important for INFs to require a little effort on the part of a love interest. Keeps a person more safe in the long run.)