• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Differences between INFP and ENFP?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs are harder on themselves.

where on earth did you read that. ENFPs are possibly the least hard on themselves of any type :laugh: INFPs on the other hand can be VERY hard on themselves

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wait - okay, seriously though...I'll give you another example. An INFP can be very adamant about their principles (as can an ENFP) except that in the end I think the ENFP is more likely to keep checking in with either other people, or at least with Te to compare their Fi in how it stacks up to practical implementation and external measurements. An INFP might see the ENFP as being more "impressionable" for that reason, less "solid" ...they might not understand that the ENFP might also view the INFP as too stubborn and ignoring the facts in front of their face in favor of principles.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, that's right ...you want to be an INFP. You romanticize it. That's why this is "regrettable" huh?

I think the more you'll learn the more you'll snap out of it.

don't get me wrong, ENFPs are awesome, but INFPs are like, magical :yes:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

an unfortunate opinion. :)

if you're really ENFP, you're missing out on your own magic.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
...don't call me that :2ar15:

I'm older, and my Te is bigger than yours, so I laugh at your gun.

I'm a Duchess, and I'll have you...removed.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
So would we say that ENFP's are more likely to change their values as external stimuli challenges it? INFP's deny external stimuli and hold tight to their inner values, regardless of how out-of-touch they may be with reality? And is this the reason INFP's appear to have "other-worldly" vibe?

I'd like to get some INFP input on this...

INFP's... how often do you change your values?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just so we're clear, ENFP aren't the only type that keeps pestering others about that, are they? If so, I might be one... :thinking:

Well that was tongue-in-cheek, but there is some truth to it, as ENFPs seem to want to keep checking with the outer world for input. That isn't to say that only ENFPs ask other people what their type is, but ENFPs can really take it to extremes, like changing their type every few months and starting multiple threads about themselves.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

INFP's do seem to have a special wisdom to them, even at an early age, I've noticed. I admire the INFP for not relying on other people so much.. and I feel like a jerk for mentioning this.. so it is in no way meant to be harmful... but I did read a study on relationships that shows partners of INTP/INFP have the greatest dissatisfaction. This study could be total bullshit.. but it's come up a few times. The only thing I can assume is that its the introversion factor, or a difficulty for them to verbalize emotionally.

Again, INFP input requested =)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Guards! Seize her! Don't let the old witch cast a spell on me!

I told you already that I'm the Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanov, and I'll have you know that I managed to escape brutish, insane Bolshevik soldiers. Your silly little guards are no match for me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I told you already that I'm the Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanov, and I'll have you know that I managed to escape brutish, insane Bolshevik soldiers. Your silly little guards are no match for me.

alas it can't be helped. I Elboy, The White Prince challenge thee to a duel :duel:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
alas it can't be helped. I Elboy, The White Prince challenge thee to a duel :duel:

I suggest you read Chapter 6 of Eugene Onegin to see how this all ends. I'll wait. :coffee:

...Now are you sure you want to go through with this?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suggest you read Chapter 6 of Eugene Onegin to see how this all ends. I'll wait. :coffee:

...Now are you sure you want to go through with this?

bah! I AM Eugine Onegin (well, not yet, but seriously, I'm working on the opera role lol)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
bah! I AM Eugine Onegin (well, not yet, but seriously, I'm working on the opera role lol)

No, I'm pretty sure you're that fruity "magical" 18 year old poet who just challenged someone with bigger Te than yours to a duel.