• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Differences between INFP and ENFP?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to agree with marm, hun. You're using the entire forum as your personal soundboard here :laugh:
You need people to think. And it recharges you, or so it would seem, coz you get more spirited each time :smile:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to agree with marm, hun. You're using the entire forum as your personal soundboard here :laugh:
You need people to think. And it recharges you, or so it would seem, coz you get more spirited each time :smile:

1) please don't call me hun :laugh:
2) I was not the main topic of my last few posts, so while you have a point, it seems a little overstated in this instance. a clear example of where your would be absolutely right is the narcissist thread for comparison :devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dude...you're an 8. i can't really imagine that's common for infps.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) please don't call me hun :laugh:
2) I was not the main topic of my last few posts, so while you have a point, it seems a little overstated in this instance. a clear example of where your would be absolutely right is the narcissist thread for comparison :devil:

Sorry, I 'hun' everyone, it's force of habit, but plz tell me if I do it again. Know I don't do it on purpose though.
And you're still the main focus in this thread it would appear...Is 'cupcake' allowed? :huh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That would be His Most Exalted Cupcake to you.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I 'hun' everyone, it's force of habit, but plz tell me if I do it again. Know I don't do it on purpose though.
And you're still the main focus in this thread it would appear...Is 'cupcake' allowed? :huh:

you're good, I just have bad memories of being called that very condescendingly by old women when I was younger, but no, cupcake probably isn't so great either :laugh:
it seems you are observing result whilst I am observing intention. the general pattern seems to be
1) Elfboy draws attention to himself inadvertantly
2) people are drawn to Elfboy and seem very entertained, so Elfboy just keeps doing what he's doing
3) people continue to enjoy Elfboy's behavior, but eventually start to think "dude, shut up!"
4) Elfboy does not notice this immediately and has to ask for feedback, which others IRL are reluctant to give
5) Elfboy has trouble getting out of the spot light (even though he usually wants to) because his preferred activities/comments seem to draw attention to themselves and he doesn't want to just stop all activity all together
6) eventually people burst on Elfboy and he feels he must deal with them swiftly to disincentize the uncouth behavior. the problem is, people tend to attack in packs

now that this is explained :laugh: back to INFP/ENFP differences. does anyone know how many types of extroversion there are in the first place
for instance, some types are
1) MBTI/cognitive introversion- dominant cognitive function is E or I
2) social introversion- preference for being with people as opposed to preference for more solitary or 1 on 1 activities
3) psychological introversion- where one draws energy
4) Big 5/trait introversion- communication style (extraverted being more gregarious, assertive and unrestrained, introverted being more reserved, more subtle and lower energy)

for example, an ISTJ CEO would probably score pretty high on trait extroversion while an ENTJ might score low on social extroversion and an ENFP might score low on psychological extroversion. any thoughts on correlations?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yep, you're still an ENFP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes:

2977848508_aed63a0faf.jpg

*whispers* ...cupcake

:solidarity:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
here's an idea. :laugh: why don't you rate yourself from 1 to 10 in the following areas of extraversion
1) Cognitive Preference
2) Social Extraversion
3) Psychological Extraversion
4) Big Five Extraversion
5) Introspection vs Noticing the Outside World (this is probably going to have more to do with N/S)

1) 6
2) 3
3) 4
4) 9
5) 2
average: 4.8

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess you don't see that your posting style and overall presentation scream ENFP.

I think I may have had that problem at one point, before I really understood personality theory, and I hadn't yet noticed patterns among myself and other ENFPs and patterns in how INFPs post, and what their motives and intents seem to be.

EDIT: In fact, at one point I thought I might be INFJ, which is absolutely hilarious to me now, but I really didn't see the subtleties clearly, and now that I'm fully aware of them it's like "good lord how could I ever have possibly thought I could be INFJ."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess you don't see that your posting style and overall presentation scream ENFP.

I think I may have had that problem at one point, before I really understood personality theory, and I hadn't yet noticed patterns among myself and other ENFPs and patterns in how INFPs post, and what their motives and intents seem to be.

actually, I'm well aware of this :yes:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I still struggle with my E/I preference. If any of you have thoughts on this, lmk! :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I always thought of myself as an introvert because I have a few close friends and spend so much time in my own head. However, I find conversation really stimulating and hate being alone for extended periods of time. When I'm upset, people and conversations make me feel better, where long-term introspective searching feels exhausting and usually leaves me frustrated and disgusted. I think this may be a good sign that you are ENFP, but that's just my pet theory.

What really made me decide that I was ENFP rather than INFP was the description of our backwards logic, how we understand the details through understanding the final product. I've been like this since I was really little, even in learning how to tie my shoes. If you use/understand this logic, you're probably ENFP.

As to the xSTJ connections... I notice that ISTJ only comes out when I'm really, really, really stressed and pissed off, where as I come off as ESTJ through the "Ne-Te bitch slap" [xD] someone mentioned before much more readily and easily. So that might be something for ENFPs in doubt to consider.

:yes: + 1000

also, another vote for elfboy being ENFP. :D (most simplistic line of reasoning being that your posts seem motivated by Ne curiosity first with Fi concerns lagging behind)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
here's an idea. :laugh: why don't you rate yourself from 1 to 10 in the following areas of extraversion
1) Cognitive Preference
2) Social Extraversion
3) Psychological Extraversion
4) Big Five Extraversion
5) Introspection vs Noticing the Outside World (this is probably going to have more to do with N/S)

1) 6
2) 3
3) 4
4) 9
5) 2
average: 4.8

you clearly use more te than infp peeps...just deal with it!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you clearly use more te than infp peeps...just deal with it!

I am aware of this, hence the score (regrettably) favoring MBTI extroversion.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe someone can elaborate on this idea..

I read that because ENFP's focus more on the external, they measure things against the external, including themselves to a degree. Same with INFP's measuring things against the internal. If this is correct, can anyone give me a concrete example of this?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am aware of this, hence the score (regrettably) favoring MBTI extroversion.

Wait, that's right ...you want to be an INFP. You romanticize it. That's why this is "regrettable" huh?

I think the more you'll learn the more you'll snap out of it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe someone can elaborate on this idea..

I read that because ENFP's focus more on the external, they measure things against the external, including themselves to a degree. Same with INFP's measuring things against the internal. If this is correct, can anyone give me a concrete example of this?

ENFPs keep asking other people what their type is.