User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well that was tongue-in-cheek, but there is some truth to it, as ENFPs seem to want to keep checking with the outer world for input. That isn't to say that only ENFPs ask other people what their type is, but ENFPs can really take it to extremes, like changing their type every few months and starting multiple threads about themselves.
    Funny... I want to figure out my type precisely because I don't want to change it every month or so.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    So would we say that ENFP's are more likely to change their values as external stimuli challenges it? INFP's deny external stimuli and hold tight to their inner values, regardless of how out-of-touch they may be with reality? And is this the reason INFP's appear to have "other-worldly" vibe?

I'd like to get some INFP input on this...

INFP's... how often do you change your values?
    I only change my mind on deep, inner core values when I have been presented with a reasonable* alternative. *not necessarily logical.

For everything else, there's MasterCard.

On non-core issues I am more flexible. Usually the reason will fall into one of these categories:

I don't care about the topic
    I want to avoid unnecessary conflict
    It sounds like fun at the time
    I want to try on a new "hat" of an idea
    This current idea doesn't interfere with my set in stone core issues
    There is something about bunnies, unicorns, or glitter in this new idea
    This new idea has been presented in an intriguing fashion
    The person is boring me so I am agreeing so we can move onto something actually interesting

My core issues comprise of these categories:
    Who I am as a person with all of my faults and gifts
    What I value in others
    What I value in life

I call this my solar (soular ahahah) system

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    INFP's do seem to have a special wisdom to them, even at an early age, I've noticed. I admire the INFP for not relying on other people so much.. and I feel like a jerk for mentioning this.. so it is in no way meant to be harmful... but I did read a study on relationships that shows partners of INTP/INFP have the greatest dissatisfaction. This study could be total bullshit.. but it's come up a few times. The only thing I can assume is that its the introversion factor, or a difficulty for them to verbalize emotionally.

Again, INFP input requested =)
    I have never heard of such a study. I can think of a myriad of reasons why the results could come out in any which way. None the least of which is simply what were the INPs paired up with.

I don't see how it's the introversion factor considering that 50% of the types are introverts themselves. And at least for an INFP, we can verbalized just fine... Usually too well. Most of my INFP friends have shown their love for someone via poems, songs, paintings, etc.

I don't think you are a jerk for bringing up the idea btw . I just question how a study like that is even accurate.

Especially needing to consider would be how healthy both partners are with themselves. An unhealthy person of any type is unsatisfactory to be with period.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

No, I'm pretty sure you're that fruity "magical" 18 year old poet who just challenged someone with bigger Te than yours to a duel.
    hmph, Te this :banned:
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Elfboy, the Emperor With No Clothes On View Post
    Banned? Looks more like Fe to me.

MBTI
    ENTP

An emoticon duel

A window to the soul

Banned? Looks more like Fe to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ^ Se

...without regard to his type.

Edit: I dunno though, now that I think about it, I may be on to something. Elfboy reminds me more of ESFP's.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    ^ Se

...without regard to his type.

Edit: I dunno though, now that I think about it, I may be on to something. Elfboy reminds me more of ESFP's.
    He strikes me as someone who isn't comfy yet with own type, so he is trying on other types to see what fits. Ie, ENTP and ESFP ish.

ENTP: for starting threads with bizarre comments meant to incite the natives... But not having the ENTP charm to back it up quite the full way, or get away with it.

I would find him less objectionable if he was just being himself, versus this disengenuine charade.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    He strikes me as someone who isn't comfy yet with own type, so he is trying on other types to see what fits. Ie, ENTP and ESFP ish.

ENTP: for starting threads with bizarre comments meant to incite the natives... But not having the ENTP charm to back it up quite the full way, or get away with it.

I would find him less objectionable if he was just being himself, versus this disengenuine charade.
    Ah, maybe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Elfboy, did you ever get ESFP on the MBTI test?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Just so we're clear, ENFP aren't the only type that keeps pestering others about that, are they? If so, I might be one...
    no no...infps are pretty bad about it too. they just usually think it's intp or infj or something..they're not usually confused about rather or not they're introverted.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison