MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

So much hinges on their etype.

I don't know any infps, so...

(sx/so) enfp 1s blow me the hell out of the water, supernova style, especially wing 2s (more common than w9s?).
    Able to match up with e3 enfps' rolling stoneness, stupid ideas with my stupid observations.
    Not surprisingly, enfps aren't exempt from exhibiting an exaggerated set of personal ethics, artificial sensitivity like any other nf, but both they and infps have an especially tough time, particularly when e6, in identifying internal blind spots they denounce in others, avoiding Don Quixote shits around the bush.
    e7 enfps often miss my unflagging optimism, quick to misinterpret dryness as pessimism, though it's all peaches before that point. I recommend spending time with them over me anyday. Know how to dress up in toucans, pleasant, good company, chug that wine baby. So long as you know how to consistently fake a smile, you're safe.

Generally easy, probably would go with either e3 or 7 (maybe 1) if all the doors were locked, though I feel something like a covert enfj with an oversized dustrag over my head, actively evaluating fuckall interacting or not, but usually interacting, directed, hardly ever not paying attention to everything else but whichever. Most people I know know know are intps; seems like there's a more productive dynamic happening there, with the enfp serving as a sort of sugarfree substitute for an esfp. Likewise, seems like there's more mutual intrigue, personally, with entps, though as an entourage of one, I'm not sorry for eating your uncle.

thinking of you

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

This is how I decided I was ENFP. I was an INFP-wannabe for a very long time, and my Ne=my Fi when I take those (flawed) tests, but the way in which I use those functions as well as the others, the role they play in my life, not the strenght of them, was what told me I was ENFP

Skylights, I the visual representation. I relate to both though. With the INFP-one, I mostly relate to the more drawn images, especially the last one on the right, and least to the first on the left, and with the ENFP ones I relate to the top two only.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

ENFP feels like:

WOW!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Maybe someone should start a thread (or we could derail this thread =P) to focus on what types of things INFP's and ENFP's typically think about. Then again, I'm not sure how successful that might be with Ne dom and aux hehe. Here is something else I wanted to mention, I read through all my INFP buds FB posts last night, more often that not... their status update would involve how they FEEL, how they FEEL about things in life, and their closest family memebers and friends. My ENFP friends status updates will focus on current events ALOT, laws they disagree with being passed, making fun of religion or politics, things they are going to do that day, etc. Even from the status updates you can see one focuses more on the external and one on the internal.

Also, that inability to focus that I see in my ENFP's isn't ADD, its quck mental connections from one idea to the next. For instance, I was reading a book on Deepak Chopra a while back, and brought it up to my ENFP friend. Within a few minutes we went from a few of Deepak Chopra's concepts on lifestyle habbits, to ones energy, to auras, to scientifically documented auras, to places that you can get an aura reading done, to how that equiptment is BS, to how those places also do psychic/tarot card readings, to how our last readings panned out, to the food one of those stores makes, to how we now should to to that store and get a cream cheese and spinach quiche (This was within 10 minutes).. but if I had brought this same book up to my INFP friends.. 10 minutes later I would have probably still been discussing the actual book, lol.

I really do think their is observable difference in ENFP/INFP .. and I you seeemd to come off very ENFP (online)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    My ENFP friends status updates will focus on current events ALOT, laws they disagree with being passed, making fun of religion or politics, things they are going to do that day, etc.
    I relate to this.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    If you go by function theory, the difference is Ne or Fi dominance, and whether you use Te or Si more.

Talking or being social has fuck hell all to do with it.

Ne gives ENFPs a more external focus, even if they aren't very socially extroverted.
    I agree with Marmie Dearest here. The way to differentiate between INFP and ENFP is to look at function order dominance.

INFP - Ne > Fi > Te > Si
    ENFP - Fi > Ne > Si > Te

I'd say that one of the biggest differences I notice between my INFP friends (which includes my BFF) and myself, is the use of Te versus Si as a tertiary function.

In other words, an INFP's tertiary Si bugs the crap out of my tertiary Te. For example, my INFP friend and I may be talking about how to go about doing something together... like say organize a book club.

• ENFP's Te - I will come up with a very logical and orderly plan (even bullet pointed) about what has to be done. Then, I'm ready to do it. Once I have a plan in place, I don't want to discuss it ad infinitum. I'm ready to execute. <- This is Te in a nutshell. I seem to be able to execute a plan more readily and without going through all sorts of Si reflections and connections.
    • INFP's Si - My Te approach is in stark contract with my INFP friend who wants to spend a lot of time discussing how our book club compares with other book clubs, if it is the right kind of book club, what should a book club be doing. Of course, I consider all these variables as well. But Si is about the ability to link present experiences to past experiences in search for a connection. This Si approach comes before the crisp, clean execution of my Te. I've been told by my INFP BFF that my Te-ness sometimes overwhelms her Si. She feels like I'm pushing her to do something before she's had adequate Si reflection time.

Another difference I've noticed is that INFPs seem to guard themselves from outside social intrusions far more than I would.Just one example, my INFP BFF has her facebook page set with what I call "all kinds of crazy" privacy settings. For example, she's got it set so that people can't download her pictures. I'm like, "Well what do I care if someone downloads a picture of me?" Neither approach is right or wrong. It's just that sometimes it puzzles me that she is so... suspicious perhaps... of social interactions. Then again, I've gotten myself in trouble for not being "suspicious" enough.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFP 9w1 feels like

or perhaps a more heroic INFP 1w9 would feel something like this

and an INFP 4 feels more like this

however, a pissed off INFP with the wrath of Fi evoked feels more like this

ENFP 7s come across more like this

ENFP 8s come across like this
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

on second thought, INFP 1w9 feels more like this
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Skylights, I the visual representation. I relate to both though. With the INFP-one, I mostly relate to the more drawn images, especially the last one on the right, and least to the first on the left, and with the ENFP ones I relate to the top two only.
    thanks

and ah, interesting! i relate to both sets too... i figure since Ne/Fi Fi/Ne, that was to be expected.

i wanted to catch the "feeling" of interacting with INFPs vs ENFPs... i don't know if i did that. i would be curious to hear from others. i do not relate as much to the lower pictures either - somewhat i do, but not as much as the uppers - but i do know some ENFPs - probably e7w6 and maybe e2w3 - who definitely "feel" like the bottom two pictures, respectively. oh, though, actually, i know an ENFP who probably doesn't fit any of those pictures. she's more like...

showed her the enneagram one day, she ID'd as 5. odd type for an ENFP, but could be possible. she's definitely thinking triad.

oh. well. that could be interesting. ENFPs i know well (as in, i know 100% are ENFP) IRL feel like:

^ 7w8, best guess 7w6

^ 4w3 i think

^ unsure of etype. 6w7?
    Last edited by skylights; 04-04-2011 at 03:35 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ENFP 4w3 feels like
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!