First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112
    I've read that while evaluating Introversion or Extroversion.. one should consider that the Extrovert is more likely to change themselves to fit the outside world, and the Introvert is always wanting the outside world to fit their internal construct. It got me thinking... in what ways does the Extrovert alter themselves to do this? Practical examples?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm curious too...i don't feel like i change myself to fit the outer world at all.
    i don't feel like i necessarily change my self as much as i shift and adjust to meet things. i feel like i take on different incarnations to meet my environments - mostly because it's pleasing to me. it makes me feel in the "flow" of things. like if i'm in a studious mood, going to class, might pull on a plaid skirt, sweater, glasses, diligently take notes, be quieter, thoughtful; if i'm going to a fancy dinner out, do the long sleek dress, chandelier earrings, stilettos, etc., be more sociable, aesthetic - and of course most people do that to some degree, but i feel like i do it more than most... i'm very environmentally attuned. i am always myself and have my individual sense of style but i also like to match with the "character" of places. the atmosphere. in a lot of ways i feel like it's a Ne thing... it's easy to mold and meld to fit situations and places. i can become any of a number of things depending on what the situation calls for. i can be quiet, i can be enthusiastic, i can be focused or all over the place. it just makes sense to me... if i'm out at that fancy restaurant i'm going to want to use my proper table manners, but when i'm at a barbeque it'd be silly. the elegant artist, the party girl, the overachieving student, the daring adventurer, they're all me, they're just different facets of me...

with values... i'm a little more of a hardliner, but there are still a lot of things that don't bother me. i tend to meet the culture of whoever i'm around - you know, "when in rome". if someone does something in public i find extremely reprehensible (like once i watched this guy insult a kid with developmental delays), i'll probably confront them regardless of the situation, but otherwise i'm pretty adaptable. in general i feel like i acknowledge external situation-bound rules and follow them as far as they don't get in my way, but if they seem stupid to me i'll just ignore them past that point.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay...yeah i'm pretty much exactly that way too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Same. Was told I was a social chameleon quite a bit when I was younger. But the degree of that has changed getting older (Fi developement?).. Now I am more prone to stick with my inner self, but integrate it well into groups. Clothing can very much change to fit the environment.. but I LOVE LOVE LOVE bohemian style clothing. Theres been a few times that I've worn a tunic or sun dress to more formal gatherings, lol.

So the question now is.. INFP's, how much do you NOT conform to the external. Examples?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my infp bf does not change his look to match his environment at all

can i ask...do you two sometimes way overdress or underdress tho just based on mood...if i'm in the mood i'll put on a really pretty dress and makeup just to go sit at a cafe when at other times i'd just go in my lil tanktop n jeans...maybe all girls do that haha never mind
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

can i ask...do you two sometimes way overdress or underdress tho just based on mood...if i'm in the mood i'll put on a really pretty dress and makeup just to go sit at a cafe when at other times i'd just go in my lil tanktop n jeans...maybe all girls do that haha never mind
    I think that's a chick thing. I totally can over/underdress based on mood. I don't have a really consistent look as far as it being definable (I could never be clearly associated visually with a subculture - I like too much variety), but yet, all my clothes have the same "vibe". It's all me, but "me" means being eclectic.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Oh yes.. my mood can really affect my clothing. I usually try to dress up pretty nice when going out with friends at night. And I'll admit, I enjoy being noticed. (not like wearing hooker boots or skanky dresses lol) but just for being different or looking good. But when I have a ton of stuff to do and go into the "getting shit done" mindset.. you won't usually find makeup on me, hair pulled back into a knotty bun, sweats and a t-shirt, a pair of flipflops. And you know what really gets me about this? Its these times when I look like a lazy bum that rolled out of bed that I get hit-on the most! WTF is that?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I think Fi gets stronger with ENFP's when they get older. At least that happened to me, transformation from really strong Ne towards stronger and stronger Fi. So, when getting older, I would think ENFP's look more like INFP's and the other way around. Or maybe it's just me....

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    So the question now is.. INFP's, how much do you NOT conform to the external. Examples?
    I'm certainly not conformist but I don't stick to my way regardless of the situation. I stubbornly want to do things my way and resent being forced to change but will tend to do the absolute bare minimum to meet a societal standard so that I'm not disrespecting others/embarrassing myself/pointedly rebelling. I feel like "my way or the highway" attitudes, as well as non-conformism for the sake of non-conformism to be rather pathetic.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

haha oh yes, very much! though i think what makes it particularly NFP is that we do it to alter our own atmosphere... it's not just about fitting to meet us, it's about changing our clothes to change our mood

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

is it normal for an ENFP to be extremely introverted until mid teens?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire