• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF's: How do people feel to you?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I evaluate people when I meet by how they feel. I don't mean physical touch here by feeling but I mean how they feel emotionally or mentally.

So, if I can generalize about how people feel by a personality type I would say that, for example

ISFJ's feel warm and soft, reassuring
INFP's feel fragile and etheral

ESFP's feel like pure energy is around them with some warmth

What do you say of this?
NF's - Do you also feel other people similar way?

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
I tend to look at the individual rather than their MBTI type.
Different ppl have different effect on me....so its hard to tell.
:)

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I know you asked for NF input but maybe mine will be relevant.. I don't relate at all. :D Well, the closest I can come to what you describe is "chemistry".... the first time hubby's hand touched my back, it went through me like electricty... but I know that's not what you're after... just the only context I can put it in.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I evaluate people when I meet by how they feel. I don't mean physical touch here by feeling but I mean how they feel emotionally or mentally.

So, if I can generalize about how people feel by a personality type I would say that, for example

What do you say of this?

I do that, too. I don't know if it's an intuitive thing or if I'm closer to the T/F border than I realized. I always get a "feel" for people before I get to know them, and I operate on that general vibe until I figure out who they are individually.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do that, too. I don't know if it's an intuitive thing or if I'm closer to the T/F border than I realized. I always get a "feel" for people before I get to know them, and I operate on that general vibe until I figure out who they are individually.

Maybe I don't understand the question? I was thinking of "feeling"... "warm" for instance... ist that physical or emotional? You clarified it maybe... yes, I do have a "sixth sense" about people but don't relate to those descriptions. Mine would be more trustworthy or not. And, its much harder online... I think I need to see them... or experience them irl.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I tend to look at the individual rather than their MBTI type.
Different ppl have different effect on me....so its hard to tell.
:)

I didn’t mean looking at people by MBTI type here (even if I do that sometimes ;)) but rather identifying MBTI types by how people feel and I have noticed that e.g. ISFJ’s feel very soft and warm, mentally.

Yes, you understood exactly what I meant! :) General vibe is a good way to describe that "feeling.

Maybe I don't understand the question? I was thinking of "feeling"... "warm" for instance... ist that physical or emotional? You clarified it maybe... yes, I do have a "sixth sense" about people but don't relate to those descriptions. Mine would be more trustworthy or not. And, its much harder online... I think I need to see them... or experience them irl.

I'm sorry about poor way of laying out the question. I didn't mean physical feeling, I meant mental or emotional or intuitive meaning which Tallulah there described very well as the General Vibe. :) Most of people feel like regular people so there is nothing special there but some people give me really strong vibes like this one man in my workplace. I literally got shivers down my spine when I first met him.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
It depends on the individual. Its one of those things I can't explain though... its impossible to describe it.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Awe, crap... I'm just dense.:D

I can tell reading that I'm never gonna get it.:blush:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

What do you say of this?

*agrees with other NFs* I "feel" individuals... and using that I might be able to generalize... although I can't say I know patterns will appear.

Let's see... It's like I have a mental representation of people... I feel them by poking at that representation. It changes overtime.

The usually two categories I look at first is "stiff/hard vs soft/fuzzy"... Then there's all the other little details that just comes to you.

In general I find INTJs to be "inwardly intense" focused energy... some of them have that spilling out and make people back away.

Other than that I don't think I've noticed any gross patterns in types.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I do kinda feel people, but more like they have a colour (except no actual colours pop into my head, it's just the overall feeling... does that make sense?) :D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Wobbily Stillettos, I guess that's what people would refer to as an aura? It may actually be some form of synesthesia.

I can usually get a good feel for someone IRL or in person. I've met quite a few online friends IRL, and I always have a pretty good sense of how well the meeting will go based upon the "feel" I had for them and the interactions we had in print. Part of this, maybe a large part of it, Seanan, IS the ability to just know whether they can be trusted. I can almost always tell whether someone is trustworthy or not, and experience backs up that intuition. This is not to say I haven't ever been wrong, but I've found that even in those cases, there was a reason for me to be wary at first.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Awe, crap... I'm just dense.:D

I can tell reading that I'm never gonna get it.:blush:

The "feeling" is a descriptor. Relate it to the concept of how close you are to the target by the terms "hot" or "cold". Approach an object and you get "hotter" etc. You can describe people with say "warm" or "hard". It's a label for a bunch of related emotions that comes up when you think about a particular person.

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
Alcearos, I knew what you meant, and appreciated reading your examples. And yes, I do think it helps when I'm trying to determine someone's type. :)

autumn

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The "feeling" is a descriptor. Relate it to the concept of how close you are to the target by the terms "hot" or "cold". Approach an object and you get "hotter" etc. You can describe people with say "warm" or "hard". It's a label for a bunch of related emotions that comes up when you think about a particular person.

Good description about "feeling" there. I many times describe people as warm or cold, meaning I get such a feeling to myself from them. Some people are just neutral meaning not warm or cold. Some people feel calming that you feel secure with them. Some people feel so strangely bad that I have a really strong need to go away from them. Some people feel stiff, some people feel humorous. Lot can be seen in people's eyes. The humour, the reserveness, the shyness, the interest, the dislike etc.

Alcearos, I knew what you meant, and appreciated reading your examples. And yes, I do think it helps when I'm trying to determine someone's type. :)

autumn

Thank you. I think the feeling I try to describe here is the combination of intuition and feeling. I think any combination of those do could do it (Ne, Ni, Fe, Fi)

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
When I meet someone new, I almost immediately have just this kind of "feeling" whether I like them or not. And that feeling is frighteningly accurate. Persons that have felt like annoying at first have always turned out to be annoying. Other persons that have felt nice in the beginning have also been nice and friendly later on.