User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Default NF's: How do people feel to you?

I evaluate people when I meet by how they feel. I don't mean physical touch here by feeling but I mean how they feel emotionally or mentally.

So, if I can generalize about how people feel by a personality type I would say that, for example

ISFJ's feel warm and soft, reassuring
    INFP's feel fragile and etheral

ESFP's feel like pure energy is around them with some warmth

What do you say of this?
    NF's - Do you also feel other people similar way?

MBTI
    ENFP

I tend to look at the individual rather than their MBTI type.
    Different ppl have different effect on me....so its hard to tell.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I know you asked for NF input but maybe mine will be relevant.. I don't relate at all. Well, the closest I can come to what you describe is "chemistry".... the first time hubby's hand touched my back, it went through me like electricty... but I know that's not what you're after... just the only context I can put it in.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I evaluate people when I meet by how they feel. I don't mean physical touch here by feeling but I mean how they feel emotionally or mentally.

So, if I can generalize about how people feel by a personality type I would say that, for example

What do you say of this?
    I do that, too. I don't know if it's an intuitive thing or if I'm closer to the T/F border than I realized. I always get a "feel" for people before I get to know them, and I operate on that general vibe until I figure out who they are individually.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I do that, too. I don't know if it's an intuitive thing or if I'm closer to the T/F border than I realized. I always get a "feel" for people before I get to know them, and I operate on that general vibe until I figure out who they are individually.
    Maybe I don't understand the question? I was thinking of "feeling"... "warm" for instance... ist that physical or emotional? You clarified it maybe... yes, I do have a "sixth sense" about people but don't relate to those descriptions. Mine would be more trustworthy or not. And, its much harder online... I think I need to see them... or experience them irl.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I tend to look at the individual rather than their MBTI type.
    Different ppl have different effect on me....so its hard to tell.
    I didn’t mean looking at people by MBTI type here (even if I do that sometimes ) but rather identifying MBTI types by how people feel and I have noticed that e.g. ISFJ’s feel very soft and warm, mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Yes, you understood exactly what I meant! General vibe is a good way to describe that "feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Maybe I don't understand the question? I was thinking of "feeling"... "warm" for instance... ist that physical or emotional? You clarified it maybe... yes, I do have a "sixth sense" about people but don't relate to those descriptions. Mine would be more trustworthy or not. And, its much harder online... I think I need to see them... or experience them irl.
    I'm sorry about poor way of laying out the question. I didn't mean physical feeling, I meant mental or emotional or intuitive meaning which Tallulah there described very well as the General Vibe. Most of people feel like regular people so there is nothing special there but some people give me really strong vibes like this one man in my workplace. I literally got shivers down my spine when I first met him.

MBTI
    infp

It depends on the individual. Its one of those things I can't explain though... its impossible to describe it.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Awe, crap... I'm just dense.

I can tell reading that I'm never gonna get it.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post

What do you say of this?
    *agrees with other NFs* I "feel" individuals... and using that I might be able to generalize... although I can't say I know patterns will appear.

Let's see... It's like I have a mental representation of people... I feel them by poking at that representation. It changes overtime.

The usually two categories I look at first is "stiff/hard vs soft/fuzzy"... Then there's all the other little details that just comes to you.

In general I find INTJs to be "inwardly intense" focused energy... some of them have that spilling out and make people back away.

Other than that I don't think I've noticed any gross patterns in types.

MBTI
    INFP

I do kinda feel people, but more like they have a colour (except no actual colours pop into my head, it's just the overall feeling... does that make sense?)
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay