User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Wobbily Stillettos, I guess that's what people would refer to as an aura? It may actually be some form of synesthesia.

I can usually get a good feel for someone IRL or in person. I've met quite a few online friends IRL, and I always have a pretty good sense of how well the meeting will go based upon the "feel" I had for them and the interactions we had in print. Part of this, maybe a large part of it, Seanan, IS the ability to just know whether they can be trusted. I can almost always tell whether someone is trustworthy or not, and experience backs up that intuition. This is not to say I haven't ever been wrong, but I've found that even in those cases, there was a reason for me to be wary at first.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Awe, crap... I'm just dense.

I can tell reading that I'm never gonna get it.
    heheh ur funny

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Awe, crap... I'm just dense.

I can tell reading that I'm never gonna get it.
    The "feeling" is a descriptor. Relate it to the concept of how close you are to the target by the terms "hot" or "cold". Approach an object and you get "hotter" etc. You can describe people with say "warm" or "hard". It's a label for a bunch of related emotions that comes up when you think about a particular person.

MBTI
    eNFP

Alcearos, I knew what you meant, and appreciated reading your examples. And yes, I do think it helps when I'm trying to determine someone's type.

autumn

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    The "feeling" is a descriptor. Relate it to the concept of how close you are to the target by the terms "hot" or "cold". Approach an object and you get "hotter" etc. You can describe people with say "warm" or "hard". It's a label for a bunch of related emotions that comes up when you think about a particular person.
    Good description about "feeling" there. I many times describe people as warm or cold, meaning I get such a feeling to myself from them. Some people are just neutral meaning not warm or cold. Some people feel calming that you feel secure with them. Some people feel so strangely bad that I have a really strong need to go away from them. Some people feel stiff, some people feel humorous. Lot can be seen in people's eyes. The humour, the reserveness, the shyness, the interest, the dislike etc.

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    Alcearos, I knew what you meant, and appreciated reading your examples. And yes, I do think it helps when I'm trying to determine someone's type.

autumn
    Thank you. I think the feeling I try to describe here is the combination of intuition and feeling. I think any combination of those do could do it (Ne, Ni, Fe, Fi)

MBTI
    FiSi

When I meet someone new, I almost immediately have just this kind of "feeling" whether I like them or not. And that feeling is frighteningly accurate. Persons that have felt like annoying at first have always turned out to be annoying. Other persons that have felt nice in the beginning have also been nice and friendly later on.