• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Movie - Never Let Me Go

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Amélie, get out of the way! There's a new flick in town. :duel:

never-let-me-go-carey-mulligan-pic.jpg

Never Let Me Go

I absolutely loved that movie. I also think it was very INFJ... at least the main character, an obvious INFJ.

:wubbie:

Discuss.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I haven't seen the movie, but the book gave me an INFP 4 vibe. There's a lot of Si about "accepting your lot in life" and melancholy nostalgia. Just my thoughts. :thinking:

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks I'll have to check it out!

/loves Amelie

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ugh, I haven't seen the movie, but I read the book and haaaaated it! So depressing. Amelie wasn't depressing. ;)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good movie, better book. Had to read it for my Study of the English Seminar course in '06. Kazuo Ishiguro has a very simple, understated writing style. /recommend

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This movie, my god D; Gotta read the book.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SPOILER:
I've seen the whole clone/organ harvesting concept in movies/books too many times before, but I realize that's just a backdrop for other concepts....

I haven't seen the movie, but the book gave me an INFP 4 vibe. There's a lot of Si about "accepting your lot in life" and melancholy nostalgia. Just my thoughts. :thinking:

How is that remotely INFP e4 :huh:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
SPOILER:
I've seen the whole clone/organ harvesting concept in movies/books too many times before, but I realize that's just a backdrop for other concepts....

How is that remotely INFP e4 :huh:

Erm, I think I got the order of things wrong... I meant the melancholy and nostalgia seemed Fourish, while the "accepting what's coming" thing seemed Si-ish. Sorry. '^_^

Ingrid in grids

The book didn't come across as very 'INFJ' ... if you can type a book. I found the understated style of the novel kind of hard to slug through and gave it over when it became more than clear what was going to happen too early on. I still haven't given up though and this will probably be why I'll see the film. Thanks for the recommendation! I love Carey Mulligan.

I liked the playfulness of Amelie. She strikes me as a very IFPish breed of INFJ. I like her air/style.

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
By no means did I mean this movie to replace Amélie in its genre. This movie is really depressing. Sorry for the confusion :)