Touch race with me - and you're dead.
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I believe the term is sacred cow (e.g. biblical golden calf reference).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I believe the term is sacred cow (e.g. biblical golden calf reference).
    Nah, ENFPs have holy cows. We freak the fuck out.

Anew Leaf

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Sounds familiar to me! And I've seen a few ENFP's "holy cows" crossed on the forum, it ain't pretty. (Same goes for INFP though).

Most of my holy cow issues are people related. Certain relations that went wrong, went wrong again, and again, (It can take ALONG time for an NFP to really be done with someone, haha) but eventually.. the shit hits the fan, alots gone down, and no-one better ever ask me to make ammends with this person, cause it ain't. gonna. happen. I can count on 1 hand the number of people that I'd rather gargle with razorblades than make ammends with. The only people that have ever pulled this off are people that I let deep into my 'inner circle of trust' only to have them intentionally screw me over, time and again.

I have some moral 'holy cows' too, but these are few and far between. I don't expect the rest of the world to agree with me on these, but I do tend to get crazy when those closest to me fail to understand the relevence and importance of these issues.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yes i have a few don't touch areas and it really pisses me off when someone won't offer the same respect i do to them..there are certain beliefs i hold that define me to the core...i don't debate others on theirs...i can listen and be interested in their perspective but how fucking dare you try to change mine or be outright disrespectful about them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

... I started a thread and never came back to check these responses.

I'm glad I'm not the only ENFP who has these issues.

@FineLine, thank you very much for your analysis. My mother is an INFP and she is very sensitive about many things. Therefore I could immediately relate.
    Your advice - do the opposite of your instinct and tackle the issue head-on - is crazy but it is actually working on one of the holy cows I have had for a long time. I believe God led me to trust Him that even if I explore this issue, He will carry me through the process. So I went from emotional self-protection to trusting God will emotionally protect me... I won't go through emotional stuff that He can't provide comfort me in. Now I don't run away from this emotional issue anymore and I'm growing so much through it. I'm still careful to just let anyone bash at the issue, but all in good time.

Also, @Vala Faye and @Fineline ("snap decisions and personal prejudices should be questioned and/or opened up for outside scrutiny and debate") - good advice. Takes courage though. Oh oh oh. Sometimes my ENFP drive for self-improvement pulls me into challenges that I simply don't have the strength for. I guess we should take them one at a time.

@animenagai It would appear that emotional maturity does indeed conquer much of this problem. I'm still most definitely not ready to let go of all of my holy cows. One day I will be like you

@huxley3112 I guess my holy cows are political issue-related (in South Africa, political issues can be very personal). Interesting that you've put a couple of people in that box too! They must have really hurt you. How do you handle being around them now? Do you manage to disengage? Or have you managed to avoid needing to be around them?

@chachamaru Yes I think this is because I'm a second language gal! It would appear that I meant sacred cow.