User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 39

  1. #11
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Yeah, me neither. I was referring to the average people.

  2. #12
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kriash View Post
    I often find myself on here for hours, reading various posts so I, in turn, can post afterwards. But I find myself unable to say anything that already hasn't been said, so usually it results in 15 pages read, and moving on to a new thread.
    I have been on this site for over a year now, maybe even longer than that, I don't exactly remember. But my post count is still under 50.

    I wonder, is this the case with many other people? Or am I alone in lurking and rarely posting? Does it have anything to do with type? I would figure not, but still, I wonder if there is anything to it.
    I'm not sure how type related it is. I've seen people who primarily lurk throughout the 16 types.

    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I do have stuff to say but as others mentioned, sometimes by the end of the thread, I lose all interest in posting. Or sometimes I have similar views and it feels stupid to post something just to say "I concur". Other times, I feel I don't know enough to post - most people here seem to have much more life experience than I do so I feel "intimidated" a bit. Moreover, in a lot of very interesting threads, people talk a lot about functions and discuss them separately. I don't think I know enough about all the functions to do that but I'm learning (I still fail to see how those can be discussed as separate entities but oh well. The posts are very enlightening.). Finally, it takes so much effort to share and actually translate all those images and hunches into words.

    Erm yeah, so this is why I don't post much.
    I find myself posting to the shorter threads more than the longer ones. If its just a strung out debate with no hope of people opening up their minds and gaining new insights, I lose interest. I don't like to just say "I concur" unless I feel like its a minority opinion and want the poster to know they are not alone. I don't post much in the function threads either even though I very much enjoy reading them.

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    You guys take it too seriously. It's a fact that the more you say the more you'll be contradicting yourself in the long run. That is a problem with all languages made of words. Words are always oversimplistic. Don't worry, just write something.
    Yes.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  3. #13
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    You guys take it too seriously. It's a fact that the more you say the more you'll be contradicting yourself in the long run. That is a problem with all languages made of words. Words are always oversimplistic. Don't worry, just write something.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Yes.
    I somewhat confused by nolla's post. Unless s/he thinks this has something to do with shyness.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  4. #14
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    I thought it's more like you guys are being so critical of the value of the input that you decide it's better to not say anything. I think that there's often value in even the slightest nudge into a direction that hasn't been explored in a thread. Someone can do this with a one-liner that wasn't even meant to be anyhow enlightening. Then someone else gets some sort of an association of that and we find ourselves in a brand new perspective.

    Of course, if people don't want to post, that's their business, but I'm just saying that if the reason is self-sensoring, people shouldn't worry about that. Every perspective counts.

  5. #15
    Senior Member FunnyDigestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Just imagine you're a faith healer & the keyboard is like the desperate wayward sinner waiting for God's grace (which is in your fingers in case you've forgotten, you're the faith healer).

    or if you're not religious, imagine the keyboard as that whack-a-mole game from the arcade... just bang on the keys. something will come, just have faith.

    the message is have faith.

  6. #16
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I thought it's more like you guys are being so critical of the value of the input that you decide it's better to not say anything. I think that there's often value in even the slightest nudge into a direction that hasn't been explored in a thread. Someone can do this with a one-liner that wasn't even meant to be anyhow enlightening. Then someone else gets some sort of an association of that and we find ourselves in a brand new perspective.
    Ah. Okay, yeah, I- for one- often do forget that small one-liner nudges are available. LOL. I have a bad habit of drowning in some bigger idea, getting lost in trying to articulate it and eventually scrapping the whole attempt. But yeah, you’re right- it would probably be worthwhile to focus on the smaller, easier-to-articulate nudges occasionally (if only, as I said, to build and maintain some rapport). Just because I can tell there’s always bigger fish out there doesn’t mean I should throw all the smaller fishes (which can easily be caught/articulated) back in the water.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  7. #17
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I thought it's more like you guys are being so critical of the value of the input that you decide it's better to not say anything. I think that there's often value in even the slightest nudge into a direction that hasn't been explored in a thread. Someone can do this with a one-liner that wasn't even meant to be anyhow enlightening. Then someone else gets some sort of an association of that and we find ourselves in a brand new perspective.

    Of course, if people don't want to post, that's their business, but I'm just saying that if the reason is self-sensoring, people shouldn't worry about that. Every perspective counts.
    Alrighty. I'll import the nonsense from real life to the not-so-real-life-but-real-nonetheless.

  8. #18
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Eh.

    I have various similar issues.

    I've spent most of my time over at INTPc, where I managed to get over 1000 posts. Thus, the time I've been here versus posts does not completely reflect my activity here. However, I researched myself, and see that I averaged 0.09 posts per day.

    In the NF forum here, the thread balloons so fast with so many tangents (usually). Sometimes the reply is spot-on (the speaker correctly infers the meaning). However, it's sometimes difficult to determine what the OP wants, but that doesn't stop huge amounts of posting.

    Then when I do reply, nobody acknowledges my reply, so it feels like I made a thoughtful note, stuffed it into a bottle and threw it into the ocean.

    Sometimes I start threads, and usually not many replies to those.

    When I started posting here again, I had a joyful sort of honeymoon feeling, where I thought, "Oh, I've found my tribe." Hah! Not quite, but it's Okay. I made a few friends and my expectations have changed.

    Hah, at least being less popular is and old and familiar story.

  9. #19
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Then when I do reply, nobody acknowledges my reply, so it feels like I made a thoughtful note, stuffed it into a bottle and threw it into the ocean.
    For what it's worth, I remember you from somewhere. Considering the amount of posts, I would guess you have made a good point or two. Or it might be the unusual avatar... Hmm...

  10. #20
    Resident Apple Hoarder Kriash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Eh.

    I have various similar issues.

    I've spent most of my time over at INTPc, where I managed to get over 1000 posts. Thus, the time I've been here versus posts does not completely reflect my activity here. However, I researched myself, and see that I averaged 0.09 posts per day.

    In the NF forum here, the thread balloons so fast with so many tangents (usually). Sometimes the reply is spot-on (the speaker correctly infers the meaning). However, it's sometimes difficult to determine what the OP wants, but that doesn't stop huge amounts of posting.

    Then when I do reply, nobody acknowledges my reply, so it feels like I made a thoughtful note, stuffed it into a bottle and threw it into the ocean.

    Sometimes I start threads, and usually not many replies to those.

    When I started posting here again, I had a joyful sort of honeymoon feeling, where I thought, "Oh, I've found my tribe." Hah! Not quite, but it's Okay. I made a few friends and my expectations have changed.

    Hah, at least being less popular is and old and familiar story.
    I think I kind of have the same thing going on when I post. I think I've written something pretty decent, and it's just lost amongst all the other posts. I know it isn't personal, but sometimes I wonder why I bother.
    BAJ, I replied to you because you say your posts often get looked over, or no one acknowledges them, and I wanted you to know that I both saw your post, and feel the same way about posting.
    I wanted to reply to everyone, but my computer is having charging problems, and I have to hold the cord for it it charge, which makes it hard to type. As of now, I have 8 minutes until sudden death with a 52% full battery, so it's slightly irritating. But, I wanted everyone to know that I DID read everything posted,

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] I joined five years ago, but never posted hello
    By INTP in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 04:12 AM
  2. [SJ] I joined a year ago but never posted, hello
    By Retsu in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 02:57 PM
  3. Book you havent read but are curious about
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 02:51 PM
  4. Netiquette - read all the posts?
    By alicia91 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO