• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Ethical Question: Under what conditions would you kill someone?

I could kill for....

• revenge or justice.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • money or power.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could e-kill for excessive fluff posts.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Me? I couldn't kill. I hate to spray roaches.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • My religion or spiritual beliefs would restrain me.

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • If I were out of control or in a rage.

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you think that you could actually ever kill someone? And under what circumstances?

For instance, when I see some murdering child rapist or other wretch on the tv news, I'll say things like "He needs killin'", and I'm fairly sure that I could actually do it. Could you? Say if it was your kid, or they had done something otherwise heinous, could you kill someone? Or could you do it out of greed, rage, revenge, etc.?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
If i were in some la femme nikita type situation and managed to land a job as a top secret spy/assassin, then, hypothetically, I would.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I need more than one choice. I might kill for revenge/justice or rage, but I'd be most likely to kill in self-defense or the defense of my family and though I would probably be enraged at the time, rage wouldn't be my primary motivation, fear would.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I can't think of any circumstances that would compel me to kill another person. The only thing I could see myself willing to kill for is for my kids if/when I have them but that's a given for most people.

There are other more morally reprehensible/unethical things that people do to one another hourly. In terms of the anguish it causes, sometimes killing someone is the most humane thing to do, at least it's not long and drawn out.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I can't say I've ever found a good reason to kill someone. The closest I can imagine would be to reduce overpopulation, but lord knows there's no way that's going to happen in my lifetime.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I need more than one choice. I might kill for revenge/justice or rage, but I'd be most likely to kill in self-defense or the defense of my family and though I would probably be enraged at the time, rage wouldn't be my primary motivation, fear would.

Yes.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes,

and I think you're poll is flawed.

If it can't be a simple Yes/No, then at least add an "Other" choice.

On that note...I guess it's ok to post in the NF forum?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks. I thought it was rather fitting for an INTJ on a majority INTP board.

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
I would kill for meat. :devil: (or maybe I would rather starve)
Or to protect my youngster's, people close to me, or myself.
Not for much else though...

Yes,

On that note...I guess it's ok to post in the NF forum?

Sure, you can post here, but if you are going to offer critism it is customary that you add a friendly smilie. So your post should have had some of this :blush: :hug: :) in it.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
To Cut:

I applaud your use of sarcasm. <-(sorry, that was a joke)

Oh, and sorry for the off topicness.

To Alienclock:

Sorry. :)
In retrospect, that appears much more rude than I intended it to be.

*continues to dig a deeper hole*

Last edited:

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
I applaud your use of sarcasm.

Oh, and sorry for the off topicness.
Huh? I was kidding. Just yanking your chain.
No apology necessary... I think.

cheers matey. all is well. Seems you have just come in from some very cold place and difficult place. Relax, and uh, if you are going to confuse me I would appreciate it if you used big words to do so. It'll make me feel less stupid. (another joke)...

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I can't kill anyone even if I wanted to kill them.

Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter." ~Andy Rooney

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ

Hm! I never thought of fear as a motivation. I can relate to fear as a motivation.:shock:
Metamorphosis said:
Yes,

Actually, I agree with you, M. My poll is flawed. I do need an some assassin/ soldier/ duty to kill/ police officer/ other choices. But gimme a smiley when you criticism me, or I may spend all day crying in bed, Judging myself.:cry:

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would kill for meat. :devil: (or maybe I would rather starve)

Um, I guess that's okay since you're an alien. Otherwise, that would be cannibalism.

Hey, maybe people would kill to eat each other- like the Donner Party!!!:shock:

Oops! Booyalab has a point too. Self-defense!:doh:

Kashka

MBTI Type
INFJ
I relate to Cafe's response, as I would only kill for fear of being killed, or to protect loved ones (with absolute certainty that such protection is needed).