• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF Assitance Requested

Kierkagaard

So I was instructed in my previous thread

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/45411-typing-request-my-fiance-1.html <---here

That I should seek the help of NF's since you would have a much more specific insight into what I'm looking for. As well as a generally more informed opinion. Since that's exactly the kind of thing I like I'd like to get some NF thoughts here. I'm trying to get a good handle on my fiance's type and obviously NF is at least the major point of agreement in regards to the people I've had correspondence with. You can feel free to read the thread to get all the major details, but the main question I was seeking an answer to was establishing her functions from an example she gave me which both of us agree is a perfect example of her usual line of thinking and happens to her often concerning lots of little things (hence voiding it from being a one-time thing). It's pasted below.

"the other day i was on a forum and saw an avatar that was just a black and white picture of a leaf but the leaf had a tear on one side. i started thinking about why that person used that avatar and i thought how i love picking up pretty leaves and admiring them but then i started thinking how it could represent people and how we're expected to be a certain way and those of us with tears are discarded and thought less of because we're not perfect just like the leaves and i cried"

Thanks for taking the time to help out a thinker and read all this. I appreciate any kind of thoughtful, analytical responses I might get and patiently await them If you have any other questions you'd like answered regarding her or me, feel free to posit them and I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks again.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
i'm afraid i can't give you any good response. but anyway, according to my experience and intuition, all i see is Ni in those words

Introverted Intuition (Ni) is the attitude that whatever is manifest (apparent, observable, described) is only the tiniest fraction of the total reality and all of its potential, and it is manifest only because it serves a purpose--a purpose that it achieves by exploiting a certain way of interpreting or navigating by signs ("..the leaf had a tear on one side"). Ni is attunement to what lurks in the shadow of that manifestation ("...how it could represent people and how we're expected to be a certain way"). What is that assumed way of interpreting or navigating? What could we see if we were free of it?

Introverted Intuition is an attitude of "seeing through" the distortion that any interpretation creates, to see the underlying reality ("...why that person used that avatar"). It's a left-brain attitude in that it's sign- and symbol-oriented ("[the leaf]...how it could represent people..."): attempting to grasp the system of interpretation that makes any particular way of representing reality work, as a prerequisite for using that system. From an Ni ego-state, you want to understand the assumptions of a system of representation before you use the system, so that you can use it with true freedom--including the freedom to use the built-in interpretations in ways that violate those assumptions.

as a Ne user, i would make broader connections about the leaf instead of going deep on the subject. something like "the leaf withered when it's off the tree. it belongs to the tree. yet it's still part of the earth...blah blah blah" would fit me more (haha i know it's crappy, but i'm just trying to show an example how Ne would keep going broader or making connections with things around it instead of pondering on the underlying meaning of some certain symbol or sign)

INFJ!

Last edited:

Phenix

MBTI Type
INFP
Pretty clear from her intellectual and then emotional reaction that she is NF. The leaps she made from one idea to the next were beautiful. She's a keeper. The other two letters are relatively easy. Take her to a bar where she knows no one. Let her know you two can leave anytime she wants. See how long she lasts. An introvert will be out of there in a half hour (unless you two engage in some intimate conversation). An extrovert will surround herself with people she just met.

The other is equally easy. Be exactly on time for something she has planned. If she is pissed, then she is a J. If she arrives after you, she is a P.

Now one question for you. Do you love her? If so, then her type doesn't matter at all. How's that for INFP?

Kierkagaard

Pretty clear from her intellectual and then emotional reaction that she is NF. The leaps she made from one idea to the next were beautiful. She's a keeper. The other two letters are relatively easy. Take her to a bar where she knows no one. Let her know you two can leave anytime she wants. See how long she lasts. An introvert will be out of there in a half hour (unless you two engage in some intimate conversation). An extrovert will surround herself with people she just met.

The other is equally easy. Be exactly on time for something she has planned. If she is pissed, then she is a J. If she arrives after you, she is a P.

Now one question for you. Do you love her? If so, then her type doesn't matter at all. How's that for INFP?

I can say with complete and humble certainty that neither of us would last long in a public setting like that and she is definitely the type to get angry with me for not being prudent (as is often the case). I'm quite terrible with deadlines and time constraints. Those experiments have been done and done more times than I can count, often on accident by virtue of my poor time managements skills :p

Needless to say we both got a laugh out of reading your reply, identifying with it as much as we did.

As for the question directed solely at me, I've never loved another human being or inanimate object of fantasized ideal of a person/thing as much as I do her right now at this very moment and each of them following it. Typing her was really more of a project/fun thing we both shared interest in (her more than me in fact). It doesn't matter what type/label is applied to her as such things have no consequence on her personality/interests is and I'm incredibly fond of who she is. I hope you don't think I was going to dump her if our types didn't seem compatible or something :p that would be incredibly short-sighted and illogical.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not really good at function analysis.. but from personal experience she sounds INFP. Possibley INFJ, but I doubt it. Definately NF. Isn't it the infp that will find connections in broken or dicarded things? Isn't it the INFP that finds beauty in odd places? I know INFJs that might think along these lines.. but I don't think they would cry on it. Thats just the ones I know, obviously not all.

Noon

I'm not really good at function analysis.. but from personal experience she sounds INFP. Possibley INFJ, but I doubt it. Definately NF. Isn't it the infp that will find connections in broken or dicarded things? Isn't it the INFP that finds beauty in odd places? I know INFJs that might think along these lines.. but I don't think they would cry on it. Thats just the ones I know, obviously not all.

Do you think she might be enneatype 4, and that that might be making her seem Fi / INFP? I've been considering it somewhat, especially based on these answers:

I hate getting bogged down in day to day affairs, I find all that SO stressful. [....] I much rather prefer just being alone and in my head.

I fear loss of emotional security, not being able to be myself and staying stuck in this society where I have to be a certain way in order to be accepted. I have a big fear of rejection and abandonment. I have trust issues. I don’t like not having control over my life and I hate being told what to do. That’s not to say I won’t do what people need me to do when I can, but being TOLD to do it makes me want to flat out reject it.

[...] i started thinking how it could represent people and how we're expected to be a certain way and those of us with tears are discarded and thought less of because we're not perfect just like the leaves and i cried

Sounds very 4ish.

But yeah, definitely NF.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Just feel, man. You don't need type and functions and all that to figure that your girl is smart, compassionate and that you love her.

Kierkagaard

As for the question directed solely at me, I've never loved another human being or inanimate object of fantasized ideal of a person/thing as much as I do her right now at this very moment and each of them following it. Typing her was really more of a project/fun thing we both shared interest in (her more than me in fact). It doesn't matter what type/label is applied to her as such things have no consequence on her personality/interests is and I'm incredibly fond of who she is. I hope you don't think I was going to dump her if our types didn't seem compatible or something :p that would be incredibly short-sighted and illogical.
Did you not read this in my previous post, Nebbykoo?

More on point, regarding what Noon said, she can relate well to both 4w5 and 6w5 but she seems to relate a little better 6w5 in most cases.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Did you not read this in my previous post, Nebbykoo?

More on point, regarding what Noon said, she can relate well to both 4w5 and 6w5 but she seems to relate a little better 6w5 in most cases.

OK. Good. No, I didn't see that.