First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the more I study cognitive function and read forum posts, I'm realizing that NFPs and NFJs are really much more different than they are similar for example:

NFPs:
    personal values
    integrity
    justice/honor
    intrapersonal intelligence
    low neuroticism
    metaphors/analogies

I don't think neuroticism correlates much with type. Intrapersonal intelligence and interpersonal intelligence seem to correlate more with I and E, respectively but most of the NFs I know have well developed interpersonal and intrapersonal intelligence.

Is peace/mercy Fe related? Is justice/honor Fi related? I'm not sure. It seems like just about every NF, regardless of type strives for these things.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    IsFJ

Isn't "honor", in some senses of the word, a Fe notion? As in, "family honor"?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I do think interpersonal corresponds to Fe more and intrapersonal more to Fi, by default. That's the primary thing I believe he got correct. However, it's not to say that the opposite type can't learn those traits as they grow older.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

yeah, i tend to agree about inter/intra personal.

but at the same time, there are such fine lines between the two. helping someone feel better is both interpersonal and intrapersonal. how you go about it could be primarily either, but your reasoning could be the opposite. and you could totally end up at the same conclusions. i think both Fi and Fe use both, just we lean more heavily to one side or the other...

like...

observation: amy has expressed distress. how should i respond?

interpersonal reasoning - if she is in distress, she could unintentionally hurt others, and herself.
    intrapersonal reasoning - distress feels terrible.

general conclusion: i should help her. how should i help her?

interpersonal reasoning - people like feeling supported and having others reach out. i will reach out.
    intrapersonal reasoning - she seems to have many negative emotions. i will change those.

general conclusion: go talk to her. how to start?

interpersonal reasoning - it is most polite and non-threatening to ask a question.
    intrapersonal reasoning - i don't know what's going on in her head. i'll ask a question.

general conclusion: ask how she's doing.

and so on...

i feel like intrapersonal reasoning when dealing with others is like "pinging"... you ping to yourself... then the other... then yourself... then the other... there's no in between. whereas interpersonal is all about the in-betweens.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    yeah, i tend to agree about inter/intra personal.

but at the same time, there are such fine lines between the two. helping someone feel better is both interpersonal and intrapersonal. how you go about it could be primarily either, but your reasoning could be the opposite. and you could totally end up at the same conclusions. i think both Fi and Fe use both, just we lean more heavily to one side or the other...

like: amy has expressed distress. how should i respond?

interpersonal reasoning - if she is in distress, she could unintentionally hurt others.
    intrapersonal reasoning - i hate feeling in distress. she probably does too.

general conclusion: i should help her. how should i help her?

interpersonal reasoning - people like feeling supported and having others reach out. i will reach out.
    intrapersonal reasoning - she seems to have many negative emotions. i will change those.

general conclusion: go talk to her. how to start?

interpersonal reasoning - it is most polite and non-threatening to ask a question.
    intrapersonal reasoning - i don't know what's going on in her head. i'll ask a question.

general conclusion: ask how she's doing.

and so on...
    I agree, and that comes with maturity as well. I just think young Fe has a natural tendency to get in synch with the pulse of the social environment - even as an introvert, they still at least pick up on it and employ this even if they don't actively always synch heavily (or even control and manipulate things) like an ExFJ.

On the other hand, young Fi may be stricken by "lone wolf" syndrome, and like "how dare they intrude on my beliefs/identity" and can go as far as to seperate themselves from others in tenacious defense of "being who they really are." Young Fi spends larger amounts of time writing in their diary and trying to figure themselves out, while possibly ignoring how to analyze others in the immediate environment...though they may take a strong interest in philosophy, spirituality, sociology, or psychology to "understand others" in a more abstract fashion.

That's what I mean by "default" this is what Fe vs. Fi teenagers are more likely to do, but as they mature they can begin to look more similar or develop shadow strengths.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'll even give an example of me vs. my ENFJ bff in high school:

We were both generally liked and thought of as funny, maybe even perceived as popular within our own group (not popular as in the jock/cheerleader stereotype, just more like well-received and known by the greater circles we traveled in, boys liked us, etc.) ...but she was MUCH MORE socially adept. She was a born charmer and always had a wonderful finesse with other people. I think she actually knew more people than me...while, I, on the other hand, could function socially but not with her same grace and ability (nor did I possess even the same desire to socialize to the extent that she did) ...and could be received with equal parts love or hate, depending on who you asked, because at that point in my life I had no qualms about Fi confrontations with *anybody* unless they physically frightened me. I also think I spent more time alone pondering glorious me, and would occasionally even skip class, walk off campus alone, just to explore the world by myself.

She's still much more socially connected than I am. She's an clear Fe dom.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Just admit it. You guys all love each other.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

When we're not frustrated at the others preference in priorities, yes
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

though, in school, an ENFJ friend of mine actually was less globally liked - she was more clear about who she liked and did not. whereas i was much less clear about it. i have never been as socially connected as she was, however.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness
    Just admit it. You guys all love each other.
    maybeeee...

and we love you, too!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My ENFJ sister is more the "directive" ENFJ, while my bff is more the stereotypical Messiah, so to speak. I think it's a difference in enneagram. I think directive ENFJs may find themselves not as well-liked by *everybody*, but still are extremely socially connected. My sister still seems to constantly be thinking of group harmony and family loyalty. I also believe she's 9w8, which would make her more of a referree (or warm, nurturing yet firm guidance counselor) than a charismatic pal. My sister is still pretty charismatic, though. It's just that she morally knows better than you do.