User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Heart broken

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I find that having very negative feelings towards someone - even if in some respects they seem justified - can just feel extremely destructive. It can eat away at me and what is even more frustrating is that the person is probably oblivious and maybe doing just fine. Negative feelings are negative feelings, even if there is some justification for them...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Thanks Satine, I like your perspective and I'm going to think about it. Mochajava, I agree with you. Silkroad, you have a good point there. Actually my boss just called me and said she is aware that there was a conflict between this person and me and would like to hear from me what it was all about. I said I will call her soon. My gut feeling is not to give the boss any information. The reason for this is that the colleague may hear about it and turn it round to make me look bad, or the boss herself might misjudge me. What do you think? Is this a wise decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Expanding View Post
    Thanks Satine, I like your perspective and I'm going to think about it. Mochajava, I agree with you. Silkroad, you have a good point there. Actually my boss just called me and said she is aware that there was a conflict between this person and me and would like to hear from me what it was all about. I said I will call her soon. My gut feeling is not to give the boss any information. The reason for this is that the colleague may hear about it and turn it round to make me look bad, or the boss herself might misjudge me. What do you think? Is this a wise decision?
    Expanding...I am curious with regards to your boss' motives. Will anything come from you either providing or not providing her with information? Like will this collegue be fired...and you get your job back and a fat raise & a window office? Or is he/she just fishing for info? That will help him/her out but does nothing for you...

A very similiar thing happened to me and so your story pains me. I did not defend myself though...but remained employeed...and if I had it all to do again...I would have defended myself like a mofo. Not that I gave a rats ass about what anyone thought of me there...but for one INFJ (whose relationship I subsequently lost BUT...if nothing good will come out of this for you...then don't give them anything. I'm on my way out so I wrote this very fast. I hope you can understand.

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Thanks Starryknights. Sorry to hear that you had a similar situation yourself. I don't trust my boss, I find her an insecure person and I don't see her supporting me, which is why I chose to leave altogether. I will listen to your confirmation of my instincts.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Expanding View Post
    I don't think you should give your boss any information. I say go with your gut feeling on this one. Talking to someone else about another person just makes things worse for the reasons you state. It should remain just between you and she.