User Tag List

123 Last

heart on fire

Default ENFP-INFP: How much emotion and vulnerability do you show others?

For INFP and ENFP and (ESFP and ISFP if there are any here):

How much emotion and vulnerbility do you show others?

Do you think you show your truest self outwards or is this somewhat hard for you to do? Is there a inner self that would greatly suprise others around you?

Thank you in advance for your input.

heart on fire

Earlier in my life it was harder for me to trust others. I tended to not show my truest self outwards.

Since my mid 30s it has been easier for me to express myself outwards and to show more of my vulnerable feelings to others. I did tend to be more receptive than expressive in my earlier years. Now I make an effort to be more expressive.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    For INFP and ENFP and (ESFP and ISFP if there are any here):

Do you think you show your truest self outwards or is this somewhat hard for you to do? Is there a inner self that would greatly suprise others around you?
    I feel like i'm being sincere all the time, but I do keep the emotional feelings in a box in the corner a lot. Sometimes I will let them leak out a little bit, and if people seem to think it's weird or are not able to take it or I feel like it would make me a little vulnerable, then I'll quickly turn it into a joke or whatever to erase them and make people forget about it.

With someone I am romantically involved with, there's always a period where I have to figure out if I can trust them with it, because it's a sort of all-or-nothing kind of uncontrollable thing. Easy to keep in the box, but once it's let out, it's too much for some people to handle. If that makes sense.

MBTI
    ENFP

Since my mid 30s it has been easier for me to express myself outwards and to show more of my vulnerable feelings to others. I did tend to be more receptive than expressive in my earlier years. Now I make an effort to be more expressive.
    So...how has it gone since then? better? has much changed? do you friend see you differently? have you gotten burned more often?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    So...how has it gone since then? better? has much changed? do you friend see you differently? have you gotten burned more often?
    The friends I had previously are gone now. Those friendships could not take the more assertive me.

I have made friends since that more closely align with me and are actually more interesting and stimulating and my personal growth has increased geometrically.

The changes that started around 32-33 for me were dramatic and often a bit painful at times.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

The friends I had previously are gone now. Those friendships could not take the more assertive me.

I have made friends since that more closely align with me and are actually more interesting and stimulating and my personal growth has increased geometrically.

The changes that started around 32-33 for me were dramatic and often a bit painful at times.
    In no you didn't ask for INTP input but I resonate to this so much that I just want to tell you. Yes, I've been there too. They couldn't take the "new" me... that was always there really... I just had to get comfortable enough to let her out.

Okay... will stay just lurk some more. But, being sooo "P".....

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    In no you didn't ask for INTP input but I resonate to this so much that I just want to tell you. Yes, I've been there too. They couldn't take the "new" me... that was always there really... I just had to get comfortable enough to let her out.

Okay... will stay just lurk some more. But, being sooo "P".....
    If it is not too personal, around what age did this happen for you?

MBTI
    ENFP

hmmm...this is interesting. could you, like, set up a situation and describe what the "old" you would do and what the "new" you now does? If it doesn't work that way, then don't worry about it...

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    hmmm...this is interesting. could you, like, set up a situation and describe what the "old" you would do and what the "new" you now does? If it doesn't work that way, then don't worry about it...
    I could if my brain were working today!

That's too much Te for me today, but I promise I will either come back here and do so or PM you with it later.

MBTI
    ENFP

fair enough...i gotta go study anyways