First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

does this resonate with most infps?

preferring to keep deep emotions inside?
    sharing rarely and only with one extremely significant person?
    best characterizing the way you show your affections and feelings for others as being "receptive to their feelings and ideas?" (if you are being unreceptive, does that mean you dislike the other person? or perhaps that they are just encroaching?)
    I did that for a long time. Had the sharpest coldest barrier, and man, it was exhausting to hold up. I'd be totally apthetic when I was home, because I was too tired to feel anything else, and sometimes my emotions would just explode after being bottled up so long.

Everyone's got a persona they use to hide their inner self. Mine used to be aloofness; now, I'm kinda positive and open instead. It's still a barrier, but it's simpler and friendlier; plus, I get to see the people around me in a less-obstructed light. I've been able to determine real friends from fake ones, and I've dropped the facade for a small special group of them. When you can be totally honest with someone, friend or loved one, and both of you can put all the cards on the table? It's so freeing. It's beautiful. I used to be so scared of that, and now I can't get enough of it.

It also helps keep your emotions and vulnerability in perspective, when you're sharing them with friends. It's like, (lightbulb moment), I'm not alone! Which is one of the reasons I like this site, too. It lets us show our inside selves and learn to understand them.

...I sound so Fi in this post, haha.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

practically nill
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I feel like i'm being sincere all the time, but I do keep the emotional feelings in a box in the corner a lot. Sometimes I will let them leak out a little bit, and if people seem to think it's weird or are not able to take it or I feel like it would make me a little vulnerable, then I'll quickly turn it into a joke or whatever to erase them and make people forget about it.

With someone I am romantically involved with, there's always a period where I have to figure out if I can trust them with it, because it's a sort of all-or-nothing kind of uncontrollable thing. Easy to keep in the box, but once it's let out, it's too much for some people to handle. If that makes sense.
    wow, you sound exactly like me . . . even your phrasing & word choice

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

+2
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I generally show more emotion and vulnerability when I am stressed. It's like, "There's no hope now anyway so I may as well puke drama all over the place as a last resort..." :o
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ENFP

It is so wonderful to read all of these people with the same tendenceies as me. I wasn't sure how uncommon or unhealthy it was.

i find it difficult because above even my constant struggle for authenticity and worrying about being fake, i cant show any of my deeper emotions, the deepest being vulnerability. I long to be able to do it, but i just cant. I have too many fears of being hurt very bad.

When i was younger i was hurt many times over by less gentle people and i developed a tougher outer shell to cover it up. I guess my biggest fear in showing my vulnerability is that i would lose this comfortable place i am now and find myself back where i was when i was younger.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ i think we can all relate to the tougher skin

my friends practically beg me to show my vulnerable side
    "it's okay to not be strong all the time Rebe"
    me - "noooooooNOOOOOOnoooooooo, you can't make me!"

when i am really hurt, i deal with it on my own and then talk it over with them once i am over it, but rarely when i am in the middle of all those messy, sadness

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think that most people see me as genuine and honest and very open, but there are certain things I don't really talk about at all, or I talk about very lightheartedly, or I'll talk about the subject but not the thing I feel strongly about (ie.you can talk about politics all you want without going into the Armenian genocide). My mother says I have trust issues. She knows me best and is probably right. Ironic that everyone else thinks about about the most genuine person they've met. They say they always are in awe of how open I am. I am complimented by them but it also hurts because I know that I'm not being totally genuine, and I want to be totally genuine, but I make the choice not to for safety.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't really know. I'll let people know that I'm upset, but I don't cry in front of people or pour my heart out to them. I just don't. I feel like when I do that, like I'm trying to make people feel bad for me, but I'm not. I guess I'm emotional, but I'm not vulnerable.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I would like to think I am pretty expressive.
    But I guess it depends who you ask.
    I have been described as captivating ,engaging and emtionally intelligent.
    I have also been described as aloof, emotionaly blank and distant.