User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Sounds more like a Si mindset....the past is colored in subjective interpretations that can outright distort reality into something that never occurred.

I'm not ENFP, but as an NFP, and I imagine the future easily, and that's mostly what I do when I think about real life. I honestly avoid thinking about the past & hate to rehash stuff in my head (the healthier I am emotionally, the less I "relive" anything), the near future is so near that I prefer to wait & see (I don't like to plan my weekend in detail, for instance), and so the distant future holds the most appeal for dwelling on, as it holds the most promise for real change.

I tend to imagine various scenarios, how something going on now could play out, and I even construct absurdly ideal situations that I know will never be (just for the fun of it).

Actually i totally do all of this haha, especially this part, "I tend to imagine various scenarios, how something going on now could play out, and I even construct absurdly ideal situations that I know will never be (just for the fun of it)." I think i misworded the original post.

What i'm really wondering is that is can you fellow ENFPs imagine what youll want in the future.
    Like when it comes to planning your life for yourself, can you imagine what sort of life your future self will want.

I can't do that at all and i'm wondering if thats a type trait or just a problem i've personally got.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I'd say that on average, ENFP's (well at least me anyway) usually are great at actively considering scenarios that could theoretically occur in the future, but the accuracy of those thoughts aren't as accurate or precise as Ni is.
    That makes a lot of sense to me. I easily imagine future scenarios for myself, but i feel like i truly have no idea how things will actually turn out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Emectar View Post
    Actually i totally do all of this haha, especially this part, "I tend to imagine various scenarios, how something going on now could play out, and I even construct absurdly ideal situations that I know will never be (just for the fun of it)." I think i misworded the original post.

What i'm really wondering is that is can you fellow ENFPs imagine what youll want in the future.
    Like when it comes to planning your life for yourself, can you imagine what sort of life your future self will want.

I can't do that at all and i'm wondering if thats a type trait or just a problem i've personally got.
    Oh I see....well, I can relate to this actually. Because I can imagine so many possibilities, it's hard for me to choose one and be able to define future goals specifically. Questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" make my head spin, not because I don't think about the future & don't imagine where I could be, but I am open to so many different outcomes that I can't pick just one to focus on. I can see myself in a gazillion different places in 5 years & all of them seem pretty cool. I'd rather wait & see what comes along & then go with the closest options to my fantasies. Unfortunately, this can make me seem directionless in life at times....

This mindset can be a P resistance to being "boxed in" & committing too soon; we want to remain open for as long as possible. Planning life out is not really a P thing...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Emectar View Post
    That makes a lot of sense to me. I easily imagine future scenarios for myself, but i feel like i truly have no idea how things will actually turn out.
    I have a feeling that this is when the P comes in. Besides a reference to accuracy of Ni, the J makes things happen.