User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one have you been?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Academic

28 70.00%
  • The Method Actor

16 40.00%
  • The Guru

18 45.00%
  • The False Guru

2 5.00%
  • The Cobra

11 27.50%
  • The Gypsy King

6 15.00%
  • The Revolutionary

21 52.50%
  • The Destroyer of worlds

14 35.00%
  • The SP Wannabe

14 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by colourscientist View Post
    i thought this would be another thread about people worshipping the INFJ as the cherub of their universe only to be betrayed by said INFJ's appaling character defects. anyway, i think "political activist" is definitely missing from here.
    That would be like a sub-group of the Revolutionary.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Socionics
    INFp

Even though those descriptions can be interesting, I have also been able to "witness" how one person - who is actually an INTP - thought he were an INFJ. And yes, I'm sure he wasn't an "academic" INFJ.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

The Academic, hands down.

This kind of INFJ is more often than not, confused for an INTJ, or even INTP. They still want to change the world and progress man kind in some way, but sometimes you got to play by science’s rules to cover any ground. While their focus in some way is usually still on people, they approach their research from a very academic and scientific stand point, without necessarily going out to personally teach the world in the INFJ mentor like way you would expect. Naturally these INFJs have a very well developed Ti, so well developed that they themselves would consider themselves thinkers before considering themselves feelers. But make no mistake; this is not Ni-Te they are using. Ni-Fe has a very distinct perception of worldview, and it can be maybe sense out of in a very logical manner using their Ti tertiary. But it is still just Ti’ed Ni-Fe. The Academics often do not use their Fe as warmly as the others might, this is for two reasons: Academia is srs bsns and when delivering facts and upholding an aura of authority, you don’t to look like a used car sales man. This is also because while they are talking, they are often running what they are going to say through Ti in real time, just to make sure everything is locally coherent. When you use Ti it withdrawals us from the world of personal connections, so it will actually deadpan and drop the emotion on your face (being an INTP myself, that is one I know all too well). If you grew up around a lot of Ti users, you are probably going to come out pretty similar to this, as an INFJ. Considering from day one, you really needed to have your theories tightened up in order for anyone to take you seriously. Sure it might have been brutal at first, but look at the bright side, now you have a really sweet Ti to help you take on the world with!
    Yep, the NT-flavored INFJ... LOL But the highlighted points are right on for me.

There's also bits of the Revolutionary in me too... and then there's also The Romantic side as well, which isn't on the list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I voted for the academic... because I could see a bit of it in me...

I'm not at all manipulative, but I do see through people quite quickly... I could actually probably make a good detective. Most of the time, I note the bad guy before my other "N" friends. My intuition is pretty high....

Guru... maybe, I am quite a bit of a philosopher... but probably wouldn't find the meaning of life in a chair... maybe... I guess I could have possibly voted for this as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by colourscientist View Post
    i thought this would be another thread about people worshipping the INFJ as the cherub of their universe only to be betrayed by said INFJ's appaling character defects. anyway, i think "political activist" is definitely missing from here.
    Hey, hey now, don't be hating!

MBTI
    INFJ

The Academic--while in school, obviously.
    The Method Actor--while traveling and "searching for myself".
    The Guru--all the time.
    The Cobra--very useful as a therapist, but only in service of the Guru.
    The Revolutionary--unfortunately, in my early 20s. But the Academic joined the Guru and they overpowered it.
    The Destroyer--also unfortunately, in my early 20s. It was ousted by the Guru and Academic, but occasionally arises still when some truly evil person pisses me off.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/5

I have developed a certain degree of the method actor, the guru, the revolutionary, and on a couple of rare occasions the destroyer of worlds. I develop personas to cope with my world. I see the world and people for what they could be, and people respond to that and have a tendency to think I'm wiser than I perceive myself as being (this is sometimes really annoying). I see the world and people for what they could be, and I get angry at what it is and strive to change it. The destroyer of worlds aspect comes into play on the very rare instances (we're talking maybe 3 times in my 42 years), when I've really blown my stack. In these instance, I go cold and very logical but still have that insight into people and instead of reaching in and helping them to heal I twist those sore spots and inflict serious pain.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think most INFJs who relate strongly to the Revolutionary are probably mistyped ENFPs, INTJs or ENTJs.
    PS: my INFJ dad is the Academic hands down. he looks like an INTP
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Depends on what kind of revolutionary you are talking about....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm mainly the academic (I pretty much modeled myself on my intp father as a kid), but as I've gotten more confidence over the years, I've got a bit of the guru in me.