User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one have you been?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Academic

28 70.00%
  • The Method Actor

16 40.00%
  • The Guru

18 45.00%
  • The False Guru

2 5.00%
  • The Cobra

11 27.50%
  • The Gypsy King

6 15.00%
  • The Revolutionary

21 52.50%
  • The Destroyer of worlds

14 35.00%
  • The SP Wannabe

14 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

wowzers... can i see your therapist too haha my last two thought i was really really frustrating because i just plain didnt trust them. haha and they kept talking in an angle of their own personal studies haha. This is amazing.. its really interesting i can see little sections of each one, i guess alot of people can but yeahh super cool descriptions !

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I just got lucky one day this summer when the community outreach nurses were handing out water during a heat wave, to get into a conversation with one of them. We spoke about a few things , and the subject of school came up and what I would really like to do, and that I was in counseling, and that I was interested in cognitive behavior and such and she said "oh you would love the counselor at Health center", and things just kind of evolved from there. Now my family doctor is at this health center, and after my last visit with her, she also recommended him. Since my Last counselor basically dumped me and since I was sinking into despair again, I e-mailed him.. I am just a lucky guy sometimes.

Look around.. Don't go to hospitals or whatever, go to Community health centers (you live in Canada. Big City?)
    My first counselor was at the Jewish family center here in Ottawa. They are secular in their services. It's about serving the community.
    Now The place I go to is funded By the city of Ottawa and The Government of Ontario. MY point is.. It's sliding scale. My sessions cost $20 bucks. And most of these people are "Counselors" not Psychologists or Psychiatrists.
    They focus is on emotions and getting well there, before you clean up your mind.

hmm sorry arclight i just saw this im super late on this.
    - yeah im in canada, moderately sized city haha. yeah I went to a psychologist ( 3 ) I went to see two at my university but apparently they just constantly try to put people in group sessions!! yeah im not down with that I can barely tell people what I want to eat sometimes, let alone my entire inner dialogue/ conflict omg.
    haha

- yeahh ive never seen counselors here....?? i dont know really I think I just need someone to talk to me, I want to talk my thoughts out with someone who I wont throw my negativity on them, and they wont get frustrated with my thought process.... I a struggle sometimes... yeah.

- I found my thinking apparently makes people frustrated, and I try to figure it out on my own and I've been reading alot of psychology and introspective topics etc etc but sometimes its alot and it would help to have someone objectively sort out my mind.... hahaha that sounds selfish but its true

- ill look around though, thanks for this and sorry for getting back to it so late.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

This is a really awesome article! Probably the best post I've read on TypeC, and I've been here for 3 years. Every type should have a variation of this imo. I absolutely agree that your functions don't always develop the way the literature supposes.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    This is a really awesome article! Probably the best post I've read on TypeC, and I've been here for 3 years. Every type should have a variation of this imo. I absolutely agree that your functions don't always develop the way the literature supposes.
    It's fascinating , isn't it?
    On the other forums that this article is posted, it's a popular thread in comparison to here.
    I am a bit curious why people here aren't so chatty about the subject.

violaine

^Possibly because they are pretty exaggerated and self-congratulatory in tone. Fun to read though.

I don't think this list is all-encompassing by any means. For instance, the author left out the genuinely modest and self-effacing INFJ. You know, before an INFJ turns bad/realizes their own worth.

Anywho, I identify mostly with the Revolutionary. Moreso before I burned out due to office politics/the inane culture of a certain organization I worked for. (We once had a meeting to vote on the color of the paper some flyers were to be printed on. ). Now, I have fully embraced the saving power of being an SP wannabe. It's nice to jam those heavy, heavy feeling frequencies with the preoccupations of the flesh at times.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    It's fascinating , isn't it?
    On the other forums that this article is posted, it's a popular thread in comparison to here.
    I am a bit curious why people here aren't so chatty about the subject.
    lol Beats me. The reason I find it so interesting is because I've found the same thing with ENFP's (other types too obviously, but I'll have more exposure with topics in my own type). There are ENFP's with really obvious Te, so obvious that they looks like ENTJ's. I've been chatting to skylights these past few days about potentially having stronger Ti than a lot of the other ENFP's, that makes us quite different from other ENFP's. Some of us have varying degrees of Ne and Fi too, which can make us look either very jumpy or emotional. You get the idea, everyone is different and though a few of us are all ENFP's, our function strengths can often be quite different.

In all honesty I think people are too married to the original MBTI theory. IMO, your primary and second functions should always be your strongest functions, but beyond that I don't see why we have to have such a rigid order of functions. Anyone who knows me knows that I have better Ti than Te, but according to the original theory, Ti is just a shadow function that I don't really use. It might make sense to establish FUNCTIONAL roles (no pun intended) to the functions. Eg. our tertiary is something that we use when we panic, our auxiliary function is what we use when we're at rock bottom etc. and just have function strengths as something separate. So for example, I could have in order of strength:

Ne: Dom
    Fi: Secondary
    Ti
    Ni
    Fe
    Se
    Te: Tertiary
    Si: Auxilary

Or something even more random. You get the picture.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Default The Many Faces of INFJ

The Many Faces of INFJ. <-- link

I'm not sure if it was ever posted on this forum or not. This is my second time seeing the list. And when I read the list again, I couldn't help but give a chuckle.

So which ones have you been?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've been both the Academic and the Gypsy King. Mostly I play the role of the Academic, it's only when I need a big favor that I might start playing up the Gypsy King card. Often without even knowing I'm doing it. It disgusts me sometimes.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

i thought this would be another thread about people worshipping the INFJ as the cherub of their universe only to be betrayed by said INFJ's appaling character defects. anyway, i think "political activist" is definitely missing from here.