User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Recognizing Tert Fi influence has been a huge exercise for me. I spent a good part of last year in a real funk- actually the last 2 years when I think about it, and a lot of it was related to me not listening to my feelings. Before that, I took a very logical approach to a lot of matters, and it worked- even relationships-well it didn't work there. :/ But within the last 2 years- changing jobs, my first 'serious' relationship, loss of my gmom, and cutting ties with people who I would give my last for- I've learned to sit back and analyze, and really listen to how I feel about events in my life, and learn that it's okay to act on them, because they are just as valid, if not more, than logic.

So the impact of Fi in an IxTJ, at least the way I see it, is progressive, but takes some effor to reign it in.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

^^
    Good info. So does the INTJ typically develop more Fi capacity as they age?

If so, what age range would you *typically* say you see this happen in?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    ^^

30's. In my case anyway.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think that it makes them look weak and pathetic, like they're wallowing in their own emotions. I know that doesn't sound very nice, but that's how I see it.

I feel kind of sorry for them, but I really want to push them back into Te mode when I see that... because I usually see the Fi use as "broken" behavior in an INTJ when it's too visible. I regard it as the greatest potential psychological weakness that exists in an INTJ, yet at the same time the function that allows them to be truly human and caring if used in moderation. Too much Fi in an INTJ is a VERY bad thing, though.

The INTJ is usually grateful, IME, if I can manage to pull them back up out of the Fi "muck," and restore them to a healthy Ni-ego state. This is especially relevant if an NFP has basically toyed with the INTJs emotions, and gotten them locked in their Fi to the point that the INTJ can no longer function adequately.
    Could you explain more about this? Specifically, what kinds of things do INTJs in this unhealthy state do? What are the "broken behaviors"? In what way is this a psychological weakness - how can the INTJ be hurt by it? What do you mean by NFPs toying with their emotions (just what do they do)? Finally, what kinds of things can you do to pull the INTJ out of it?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I would think Fi is related to my sense of justice. I have always had a very strong sense of justice; by that I mean it bothers me when people are treated unfairly. I feel upset, anger, even outrage, which tells me that some fundamental value has been violated. I rarely act directly upon these emotions, of course, but rather step back from the initial reaction to analyze the situation, to determine how if at all I can help, and then to plan a course of action. I will work quite zealously for a cause I believe to be just and achievable. Whatever logical arguments I may bring to bear in addressing the situation, however, it gets my attention first and foremost as a violation of values, which is the realm of Fi.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It looks adorable when it makes them like cats and defend democracy.

It looks pretty repellent when it makes them say things like women should be seen and not heard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It looks pretty repellent when it makes them say things like women should be seen and not heard.
    This would be grounds for revoking their INTJ credentials (especially the females).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    ^^

Yes. It's like an 'aha' moment when they realize that logic isn't the answer all the time. Like mentioned by ceecee it's somewhere around 30 (I was 31).
    You'll see less of those Fi fits people are talking about in this thread and more comfort with their preferences that aren't from a textbook.
    If you are in a relationship with them, you'll probably see more of the touchy-feely stuff (not a total 180, though)
    I can't say this happens with all of them- it depends on what Fi dictates in that person- I just know that it happened to me. I still get kind of tight with the emotional expression from time to time. But I'm a lot better. compared to even 2 years ago.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Could you explain more about this? Specifically, what kinds of things do INTJs in this unhealthy state do? What are the "broken behaviors"? In what way is this a psychological weakness - how can the INTJ be hurt by it? What do you mean by NFPs toying with their emotions (just what do they do)? Finally, what kinds of things can you do to pull the INTJ out of it?
    If I understand her language, an INTJ who doesn't recognize their Fi is more subject to the mucky mess- falling in love and falling hard, almost like a slave. The opposite is an INTJ who resists it and fights Fi by refusing to give in to those feelings. The balanced INTJ's going to allow themselves to give in but keep it under control. The actual 'giving in' is pretty hard, because it feels like somebody is ripping out a piece of your soul, when you put it all on the line- especially if it's not well received.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTp

You'll never see my emotions in their most primal or even sincere stage if I have anything to do with it and it almost always manifests negatively. If I express myself when I'm not out of control, I never begin anything with "I feel" and it always has an impersonal feel to them. I use similes, metaphors, sarcasm, allusions etc. to get my point across. For example, if I was describing an irresponsible urge, I'd say "I'm like Mathieu (from a Sartre novel) and I despise that much as I despise him!" (and yes, I expect you to know what I'm talking about) And I run the risk of extrapolating my emotional state into some sort of philosophical discourse.

My most negative outbursts of Fi (now the shadow Fe, I suppose, now that it's out in the public) are long, passionate even exaggerated rants, and if it's directed at someone in my vicinity, I'd attack them rather viciously with words. If they're not around, I grab hold of my best friend and verbally rip the object of my frustration to shreds (and I can be rather clever with words), and if someone pisses me off that much, it's likely that I'd not be able to refrain from deriding him to my friend at every opportunity even after my rage has passed. If I'm just emotionally charged, I'd threaten and boast about outrageous things, for example, threaten to drink myself into oblivion and destroy the hotel room I'm in, or leave someone forever (it was my parents for the longest time) and do hedonistic shit.

So no, Fi doesn't "look like" anything in my case because you'd never see it. It is very developed though, and I have a strong sense of empathy and compassion that just don't show. Most people are surprised to learn I have these feelings, actually. An INTP friend told recently my Fi outbursts are quite frightening, and I admitted immediately afterwards I was boasting (it was the drinking thing; I never liked the taste of alcohol and have never finished one beer. In fact, I'm always ridiculously self-disciplined). He knew I was being melodramatic, but apparently it still unnerved him. There are melodramatic threats that don't scare anyone, and there are my threats.
    "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde