User Tag List

View Poll Results: What are you, NFs?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religious

9 18.37%
  • Spiritual

34 69.39%
  • Non-spiritual (only believes in science)

6 12.24%
123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Default NFs are you spiritual?

Just curious after the 'marrying atheists' thread, can we assume that the NFs on TC are generally spiritual? And despite my joke about making people join my sect in the other thread - I consider myself spiritual rather than religious.
    To clarify what I mean by the cathegories in the poll:

- Religious: Follower by an organized movement, which includes some sort of dogma, common belief shared by the members, you are expected to buy all of it - not pick and choose to your own preference. Belief in higher powers of some sort.

- Spiritual: Either loosely organized, or individual practice (not organized), has the opportunity to be eclectic (pick and choose) without being considered 'wrong'. Open to the idea that there may be something bigger than us, a meaningful spiritual reality of some sort. Respects that other people may be right too. There is not ONE answer to the mystery of life, there may be multiple answers. Can also be agnostic.

- Non-spiritual: What you see is all there is. My only religion is science.
    Last edited by syndatha; 03-07-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Changed the 'spiritual' to be more including

MBTI
    yupp

Non spiritual.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Phantonym

I am not religious. Given the narrow categories, I'd place myself between the spiritual and non-spiritual, not really accepting either view to their full extent nor do I engage in any kind of practices.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I guess by those definitions I am non-spiritual, because I don't devote time/brainpower/individual practice towards anything spiritual. There isn't any specific 'meaningful spiritual reality' that I adhere to / believe in. Although, I don't strictly agree with 'What you see is all there is', either, because how can that be possibly true when the only things we see are in this tiny little speck of a planet in a giant surrounding universe? But yes, in a sense, I 'only' believe in science. I'd rather put my belief/views in line with what actually happens, rather than leave it to my own brain and what I'd like to imagine to be reality, or hope to be reality, or like to think is reality. I'd like my beliefs to incorporate what is shown to be true, with the recognition that there is a lot that is still unknown, and may forever remain unknown given limitations of one thing or another.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Where's the agnostic option?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Ok, maybe I was too specific on the 'spiritual' description. In my view it also includes an openness towards spirituality, and that we also have the right to not define/not decide on what spirituality is. Thus, this is also the agnostic option IMO.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

I am both spiritual and religious. But it's about the love and beauty and amazement and wonder. The love, the love, the love!

How could I not?
    a cat is fine too

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Spirituality is the 3rd realm of intelligence . Of course I am spiritual.

Spiritual. I wouldn't say entirely non-religious or non-spiritual. I'm not trying to make anything up all on my own or closed to facts. I learn from many areas.. and then I probably just get spiritual about it all. X)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

This is a toughie,

This is what I wrote to my friend about my belief.

I wanted to further say that my belief is curious. I have an inclination towards that the primal energy source that is universal energy is too awesome and then to humanise the aspect that is comprehensible to humanity a fragment, a God personality happened that is perhaps a splinter from the multitude all universal reality. And what we suspect is God energy, and yes there is God energy, I've felt different energies surrounding Muslim, Christian and Jewish beliefs. That includes you, at the meditation party I quizzed this with a meditation instructor and said that some peoples energies feels different, she said its normal and I shrugged it off. Now to me this feels like an Egregore which means an occult term for collective consciousness or thought form. And this can be higher masters, higher beings, lower beings and masters and anywhere in between miss aligning who we are from becoming attuned to our vibrational energy in accepting the light and ourselves. This would sound strange to you I have to say.

In essence my interpretation of God energy, spirit energy, Primal energy comes to the same, that it is part of a multitude all reality and yet divergent depending on the characteristic assigned with the interpretation of beliefs. And this also means that as the collective consciousness that we are, when people believe in an entity enough, like a morphogenetic field, where our memories and thoughts are influenced from pasts. How widespread the traditions, the values and indeed the conceptual reality becomes fact and gives rise to such energy. And that is how it becomes part of peoples realities and myths alike. A strong belief in something that is outside of themselves rather than inside of themselves.

Is that spiritual, atheist, other!?