• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs are you spiritual?

What are you, NFs?

• Religious

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Spiritual

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Non-spiritual (only believes in science)

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
:D Yeah see, I have to deal with grumpy brownies misplacing tons of stuff whenever I haven't paid attention to the household for a while. And I swear, everytime I give up saerching and resign to the situation, it shows up in a spot I've checked like 5 times :doh:

That trickster has way too much fun at my expense :blush:

OH yeah!! like when I am looking for my glasses and at some point the little bugger snuck right up to me, and put them on my face. :dry:

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
This goes without mentioning that Buddhism is somewhat like Christianity, where different branches adopt a lot of previous myths/beliefs of the locale. My mom is a Theravada Buddhist, for example. Her whole country is. They are about as close as one gets to a "fundamentalist" sort of Buddhism.. very stripped down. Yet, there's still all kinds of spiritual entities, paranormal type of beliefs, realms of damnation and bliss, etc.. In Mahayana Buddhism, there's even more of it. There are heavens, hells, demons, ghosts, gods, demigods.. It's just that Nirvana itself is beyond any of it.

Even going further than that. An immaculate birth. Prophesy that Siddartha had come to bring enlightenment to the world. etc...

Starry

It's called SQ or spirituality quotient. It's a Theory that holds about as much weight in the scientific community as MBTI.

But Like MBTI, I feel there is there is something there.

If I came across as seeming superior, that was not my intention. At least you are asking for an explanation as opposed to assuming , Thank you.

I actually feel ostracized and ridiculed most times, when I try to explain that there is whole realm of possibilities just outside our normal physical grasp that we can actually touch from time to time.

http://www.lifepositive.com/mind/evolution/iq-genius/intelligence.asp

Cool thanks.

I haven’t read the link you provided yet but I am interested. I haven’t seen an individual or a group of individuals link ‘spirituality & intelligence’ before and so again, I am anxious to read what you have provided.

Without knowing anything about it all I can say right now is that I imagine spiritual thinking could probably do both. It may open up the mind to thinking in possibilities. But I could also see it doing the opposite in the sense an individual becomes so set in their own spiritual belief system that they fail to look outside of that.

I will ponder this! Again, thank you for providing my own mind with new information.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Cool thanks.

I haven’t read the link you provided yet but I am interested. I haven’t seen an individual or a group of individuals link ‘spirituality & intelligence’ before and so again, I am anxious to read what you have provided.

Without knowing anything about it all I can say right now is that I imagine spiritual thinking could probably do both. It may open up the mind to thinking in possibilities. But I could also see it doing the opposite in the sense an individual becomes so set in their own spiritual belief system that they fail to look outside of that.

I will ponder this! Again, thank you for providing my own mind with new information.

When You do read it, I wonder if you will notice the similarities between NF and SQ that I did? :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OH yeah!! like when I am looking for my glasses and at some point the little bugger snuck right up to me, and put them on my face. :dry:

Mine keeps telling the couch to eat the remote :steam:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
definitely spiritual. i appreciate a religious community, ceremony, and tradition, but do not like restrictive dogma. my beliefs fall somewhere between taoism (the three "jewels" of compassion, moderation, and humility) and panendeism (the existence of a grand divinity that both encompasses and is greater than the known universe). i appreciate and integrate some judeo-christian and sufi teachings as well. i can be happy in a very liberal or progressive christian church. i suppose i am technically agnostic as well.

Like Synapse, I've felt forms of energy surrounding various religions too often to write God out of the picture completely. There have been times and places when I have simply been compelled to kneel down and pray. Is that energy God? The power of faith? A personal tendency to make meaning where none exists? Who knows. I'm keeping my mind open on the issue.

As far as organized religion is concerned, I believe that there are many paths to God (if there is a God), all valid and valuable in their own ways. There's also something about the beauty and solemnity and joy of a well-staged religious ceremony bolstered by the power of sincere belief that calls out to the part of my soul that yearns for God. I also think there's a great deal to be said for the feeling of community that organized religions foster.

On the other hand, a lot of organized religion is petty, dogmatic, and frankly unhelpful, and I find the atrocities committed in the name of God far too appalling to contemplate subscribing to any organized religion seriously.

I believe in science but it can be co-opted to argue for dubious causes almost as easily as any religious tenet, and that is something I'm incredibly wary of.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I believe that there is a source or power, and that all the different religions are just ways of interpreting that power. Religions are created by humans in attempt to understand the spiritual world. I believe that we all are imortal souls having earthly experiences, and that we reincarnate until we have reached our maximum level of development. Then we will unite with God (or whatever you call that universal power) and become God. All souls are created by God, and we return to God in an enormous cycle. I also believe that we choose our incarnations, and that earth is one of many options our souls have :)

KDude

I also believe that we choose our incarnations, and that earth is one of many options our souls have :)

Tell that to some of these poor guys :D (good movie by the way).

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZhd_mxSm3c]/[/youtube]

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An mysetrious connection to nature and animals, respect for the inner essence of character, valuing certain physical objects as an extension of my will; yeah I would definitely say that I am spiritual.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I'm not religious per se, but I am getting into the Buddhist philosophy, so I would say I am somewhat spiritual.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
To further elaborate the issue here is that our source energy, our higher selves that we communicate with while we sleep is disconnected when we give power away to other and externalise our energies rather than internalise our energy. And that means everything outside of ourselves is a distraction to within, who we are, and our energy of being conscious. Which is a remarkable difference in the way spirit is portrayed. Therefore whether spiritual, religious or atheist, your distracted and disconnected from your source energy by focusing on other than your spirit, your energy, you.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
spiritual. If anyone cares: taoist/buddhist/"hindu", where "hindu" is shorthand for nondual-vedanta/spiritual yoga/tantra.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is a toughie,

This is what I wrote to my friend about my belief.

I wanted to further say that my belief is curious. I have an inclination towards that the primal energy source that is universal energy is too awesome and then to humanise the aspect that is comprehensible to humanity a fragment, a God personality happened that is perhaps a splinter from the multitude all universal reality. And what we suspect is God energy, and yes there is God energy, I've felt different energies surrounding Muslim, Christian and Jewish beliefs. That includes you, at the meditation party I quizzed this with a meditation instructor and said that some peoples energies feels different, she said its normal and I shrugged it off. Now to me this feels like an Egregore which means an occult term for collective consciousness or thought form. And this can be higher masters, higher beings, lower beings and masters and anywhere in between miss aligning who we are from becoming attuned to our vibrational energy in accepting the light and ourselves. This would sound strange to you I have to say.

In essence my interpretation of God energy, spirit energy, Primal energy comes to the same, that it is part of a multitude all reality and yet divergent depending on the characteristic assigned with the interpretation of beliefs. And this also means that as the collective consciousness that we are, when people believe in an entity enough, like a morphogenetic field, where our memories and thoughts are influenced from pasts. How widespread the traditions, the values and indeed the conceptual reality becomes fact and gives rise to such energy. And that is how it becomes part of peoples realities and myths alike. A strong belief in something that is outside of themselves rather than inside of themselves.

Is that spiritual, atheist, other!?

This CLEARLY falls under the "spiritual" label for the purposes of this poll. Well at least that's my opinion and assessment.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe in a few rather specific things, even a pantheon of deities, and more besides them.
Cernunnos, Odin... Whatever pantheon, whatever Indo-European pagan religion you follow, the same elements are there.
Those have many names throughout many cultures. Cernunnos alone goes by more than a handful of names.
Cernunnos, Herne the hunter, the Green Man, The Horned God, Cernwn, Pan, etc.

In its essence, I am somewhat of an animist. I don't worship individual spirits or anything like that.
I worship through transformation, being one with the land. They call it transformation, because for a period of time, ranging from hours to seconds, the wild takes control of you.
Your senses are heightened drastically, you become stronger, comprehend it ALL, feel everything around you like in some bad Star Wars parody.
It's crazy, or so I thought, but it's real. More real than civilization or anything else will ever be to those of us who have experienced it.
I don't know anything about an afterlife, and i'm not old enough to care much yet. I bet there is something in store.
Can't say i'm much for groups of people prancing around naked in circles with chalices and whatnot... I don't believe that they get more out of that than regular partying.
Seems more like a social thing, really. But to each his or her own, I guess.

What I can say, about what I believe in, is that you'll never be the same again once you've had a transformation.
It opens doors you didn't know existed, and firmly closes others. Before this crap, I used to be an atheist and a communist, two things that are inseparably welded together.
Now, I care more for what is natural and what is not, and I try to follow what is natural for me. My impulses, intuitions, feelings.
I can't say that it has made me more happy, either. At times, yes. And acting naturally instead of putting up with society's bullshit lies... It can be liberating.
But it makes you sad to see how far we have fallen, while trying to fool ourselves that we have become better. More "civilized", like that was ever a good thing.
When i'm out on a long walk in deep wilderness, I can forget and just live for a while, but seeing our concrete prison that we have built in our growing ignorance and foolish pride makes me bitter.
Then again, like all things built by men, it will go away and nature will remain.

You could call me spiritual, I guess.

KDude

To further elaborate the issue here is that our source energy, our higher selves that we communicate with while we sleep is disconnected when we give power away to other and externalise our energies rather than internalise our energy. And that means everything outside of ourselves is a distraction to within, who we are, and our energy of being conscious. Which is a remarkable difference in the way spirit is portrayed. Therefore whether spiritual, religious or atheist, your distracted and disconnected from your source energy by focusing on other than your spirit.

I don't know if that applies to everyone though. Or at least, not something to force too quickly. The concept of MBTI itself would paint a different picture (whether it's valid or not is up to you). Extroverts are apparently better off externalizing, for example. They restore themselves better that way. And like the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. It's all in the order of functions. An ESFP who cuts themselves off (or worse, gets cut off), will go more towards the direction of Fi. Except their dominant can't help thinking of things they're missing. They would either resent it or get antsy. It's a rough start for them to be that way. So now you have an unhappy person right from the beginning. If they have no choice, they'll be left alone thinking of the state of their lives and relationships.. Which is good in small doses, but the prolonged introversion of Fi would go hand in hand with the introverted perception of inferior Ni. Instead of healthy "spiritual awakenings", it's downright kooky. Their Ni is paranoid. They may wonder why they're even alone.. why no one's calling them, why this or that experience never worked out, why people do this to them, etc.. And there's no feedback or grounding in reality (Se and Te), so they will start coming up with all kinds of weird reasons for why. They may even invent a god who's sticking with them in this hell. Whatever happens, it's not pretty. What they really needed for a full life was actually Se. With little doses of introspection. Point being, that's their point of wisdom and connection. Not sitting down and reading this message board, like I'm doing. :newwink: