User Tag List

View Poll Results: What are you, NFs?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religious

9 18.37%
  • Spiritual

34 69.39%
  • Non-spiritual (only believes in science)

6 12.24%
First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFX

I don't think humans have spirits, though I know a few who are spirited. I suppose I believe in science, among other things, such as religion, which I'm pretty sure exists too. Anyway, I think the mind is a pretty supernatural thing without ascribing anything supernatural to it. In other words, I don't think admitting that it's the product of complex chemical reactions (cue grainy documentary) reduces it, or makes it any less mysterious and beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    ...'Spiritual' tends to cover pretty much everything under the sun, such that I really have no idea what an individual means when they say they are spiritual...

...Also, the 'only science' slant of the non-spiritual description seemed somewhat negative in tone and also seemed a little limiting as to the 'why' for why someone isn't spiritual. But, that's just me...
    I agree - I'm not saying I like science classes (not my strong suit), but you gotta appreciate how useful the scientific approach is to a lot of things.

(I actually registered to try to help dispel the myth that all NFs are spiritual, religious, or both. Emoticon's for verification.)

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

200 years ago, today's science was yesterday's magic.
    Today's magic is tomorrows science.
    Faith in science is no different than having faith in something else.
    Science says Humans can answer all questions mathematically.
    Humans can't even unlock the secrets of their own brains and planet.
    I am supposed to believe they can answer the mysteries of the universe using the same methods?

So I am not sure what the myth is. and I welcome you to meet your adversary should you go on such a quest.
    You are welcome to believe what you choose. If You go on a "crusade" , So will I.

There is no myth. There is just people and their beliefs . If you ridicule my beliefs or those I care for.
    I will oppose you. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean we are all wrong.

The numbers are not in your favor. Science says so .

Welcome to forums..

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

^When ahr2nd mentioned myths, he/she was just referring to the stereotype/myth that all NF's were spiritual, which is not the case, and so he was trying to say that that is not the case. He/she wasn't saying spirituality was a myth, but was simply stating his perspective on that. As are you. But perhaps that's what you're clarifying as well, lol.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    ^When ahr2nd mentioned myths, he/she was just referring to the stereotype/myth that all NF's were spiritual, which is not the case, and so he was trying to say that that is not the case. He/she wasn't saying spirituality was a myth, but was simply stating his perspective on that. As are you. But perhaps that's what you're clarifying as well, lol.
    I realize I might have seen "dispel the myth that NFs" and not "dispel the myth that all NFs" and my rather upset reaction is based on this. It's also possible it is has since been edited since someone else saw the same thing I did.
    IN that light, I take back my stance that I will crusade. And... I feel like an oaf

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Back to idyllic again, then, huh?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by syndatha View Post
    Back to idyllic again, then, huh?
    It would seem I walk a fine line, eh?. As long as I look up instead of down, I imagine I will eventually get there.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I ticked non-spiritual because I wasn't sure what to pick. I'm don't believe in any deities or mystical forces but I'm not lacking the sort of philosophical approach to life that goes with those.

I guess I would say I'm spiritual about science.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I guess I would say I'm spiritual about science
    I thought it was funny listening to Michio Kaku the other day.. he sometimes uses a lot of mythological/spiritual symbolism to make points. He compared views on the end of the universe to various apocalyptic tales. Some end in fire, like biblical stories. The Big Crunch. Some are like Ragnarok, where the universe keeps expanding, and temperatures drop to levels that would kill even the gods.

He also contributed to a book called "The Bible According to Einstein". It's kind of amusing.. it's written in verse form like the Bible, but is one of the better all around "textbooks" on the current state of science. I keep it around because it's easy to dig up various facts.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

^Subtle propaganda.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I guess I would say I'm spiritual about science.
    Ha!! awesome! I would say I am scientific about spirituality. If spirituality had a concrete language It would be science.
    I firmly believe some day science will be able to explain spirituality.
    But by then, there will be new mysteries.
    And both science and spirituality will have new definitions, yet again.