User Tag List

View Poll Results: What are you, NFs?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religious

9 18.37%
  • Spiritual

34 69.39%
  • Non-spiritual (only believes in science)

6 12.24%
First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Yeah see, I have to deal with grumpy brownies misplacing tons of stuff whenever I haven't paid attention to the household for a while. And I swear, everytime I give up saerching and resign to the situation, it shows up in a spot I've checked like 5 times

That trickster has way too much fun at my expense
    OH yeah!! like when I am looking for my glasses and at some point the little bugger snuck right up to me, and put them on my face.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    This goes without mentioning that Buddhism is somewhat like Christianity, where different branches adopt a lot of previous myths/beliefs of the locale. My mom is a Theravada Buddhist, for example. Her whole country is. They are about as close as one gets to a "fundamentalist" sort of Buddhism.. very stripped down. Yet, there's still all kinds of spiritual entities, paranormal type of beliefs, realms of damnation and bliss, etc.. In Mahayana Buddhism, there's even more of it. There are heavens, hells, demons, ghosts, gods, demigods.. It's just that Nirvana itself is beyond any of it.
    Even going further than that. An immaculate birth. Prophesy that Siddartha had come to bring enlightenment to the world. etc...
    a cat is fine too

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    It's called SQ or spirituality quotient. It's a Theory that holds about as much weight in the scientific community as MBTI.

But Like MBTI, I feel there is there is something there.

If I came across as seeming superior, that was not my intention. At least you are asking for an explanation as opposed to assuming , Thank you.

I actually feel ostracized and ridiculed most times, when I try to explain that there is whole realm of possibilities just outside our normal physical grasp that we can actually touch from time to time.

http://www.lifepositive.com/mind/evo...telligence.asp
    Cool thanks.

I haven’t read the link you provided yet but I am interested. I haven’t seen an individual or a group of individuals link ‘spirituality & intelligence’ before and so again, I am anxious to read what you have provided.

Without knowing anything about it all I can say right now is that I imagine spiritual thinking could probably do both. It may open up the mind to thinking in possibilities. But I could also see it doing the opposite in the sense an individual becomes so set in their own spiritual belief system that they fail to look outside of that.

I will ponder this! Again, thank you for providing my own mind with new information.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I honestly think Taoism makes more sense to me than anything, the flow of the universe, the power within all living things.
    I like this.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Cool thanks.

I haven’t read the link you provided yet but I am interested. I haven’t seen an individual or a group of individuals link ‘spirituality & intelligence’ before and so again, I am anxious to read what you have provided.

Without knowing anything about it all I can say right now is that I imagine spiritual thinking could probably do both. It may open up the mind to thinking in possibilities. But I could also see it doing the opposite in the sense an individual becomes so set in their own spiritual belief system that they fail to look outside of that.

I will ponder this! Again, thank you for providing my own mind with new information.
    When You do read it, I wonder if you will notice the similarities between NF and SQ that I did?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    OH yeah!! like when I am looking for my glasses and at some point the little bugger snuck right up to me, and put them on my face.
    Mine keeps telling the couch to eat the remote :steam:
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

definitely spiritual. i appreciate a religious community, ceremony, and tradition, but do not like restrictive dogma. my beliefs fall somewhere between taoism (the three "jewels" of compassion, moderation, and humility) and panendeism (the existence of a grand divinity that both encompasses and is greater than the known universe). i appreciate and integrate some judeo-christian and sufi teachings as well. i can be happy in a very liberal or progressive christian church. i suppose i am technically agnostic as well.

Like Synapse, I've felt forms of energy surrounding various religions too often to write God out of the picture completely. There have been times and places when I have simply been compelled to kneel down and pray. Is that energy God? The power of faith? A personal tendency to make meaning where none exists? Who knows. I'm keeping my mind open on the issue.

As far as organized religion is concerned, I believe that there are many paths to God (if there is a God), all valid and valuable in their own ways. There's also something about the beauty and solemnity and joy of a well-staged religious ceremony bolstered by the power of sincere belief that calls out to the part of my soul that yearns for God. I also think there's a great deal to be said for the feeling of community that organized religions foster.

On the other hand, a lot of organized religion is petty, dogmatic, and frankly unhelpful, and I find the atrocities committed in the name of God far too appalling to contemplate subscribing to any organized religion seriously.

I believe in science but it can be co-opted to argue for dubious causes almost as easily as any religious tenet, and that is something I'm incredibly wary of.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I believe that there is a source or power, and that all the different religions are just ways of interpreting that power. Religions are created by humans in attempt to understand the spiritual world. I believe that we all are imortal souls having earthly experiences, and that we reincarnate until we have reached our maximum level of development. Then we will unite with God (or whatever you call that universal power) and become God. All souls are created by God, and we return to God in an enormous cycle. I also believe that we choose our incarnations, and that earth is one of many options our souls have

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Spiritual.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge