User Tag List

View Poll Results: What are you, NFs?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religious

9 18.37%
  • Spiritual

34 69.39%
  • Non-spiritual (only believes in science)

6 12.24%
First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Actually, atheists can be spiritual. They're sometimes called Buddhists.

I am spiritual but not religious. I am agnostic.

sorta... when it's convenient
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Spirituality is the 3rd realm of intelligence . Of course I am spiritual.
    Something rubs me the wrong way with regards to this statement. This could be due to the fact that I am unaware of this notion of ‘levels of intelligence’ with ‘spirituality’ being placed in the ‘3rd realm’. I googled it. But nothing specifically pertaining to ‘it’ came up in the search. I am hoping you can return and explain it as, the way it stands, it comes across as if you are saying individuals that are not spiritual are lacking in some intellectually important way. That their level of intelligence is not up to standard with yours and I can’t imagine this is what you mean. Please enlighten me.

It is funny because in my own experience, it is my friends that are atheists that I notice demonstrating some of the most selfless, ‘spiritual’, emotionally intelligent behavior of all.

As for me I entertain spiritual thought on a daily basis. Yet at the end of the day I feel we do not have enough information. I definitely consider myself to be agnostic.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Actually, atheists can be spiritual. They're sometimes called Buddhists.

I am spiritual but not religious. I am agnostic.
    But they believe in reincarnation, don't they? And that is a meaningful reality/system not supported by science

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Something rubs me the wrong way with regards to this statement. This could be due to the fact that I am unaware of this notion of ‘levels of intelligence’ with ‘spirituality’ being placed in the ‘3rd realm’. I googled it. But nothing specifically pertaining to ‘it’ came up in the search. I am hoping you can return and explain it as, the way it stands, it comes across as if you are saying individuals that are not spiritual are lacking in some intellectually important way. That their level of intelligence is not up to standard with yours and I can’t imagine this is what you mean. Please enlighten me.

It is funny because in my own experience, it is my friends that are atheists that I notice demonstrating some of the most selfless, ‘spiritual’, emotionally intelligent behavior of all.

As for me I entertain spiritual thought on a daily basis. Yet at the end of the day I feel we do not have enough information. I definitely consider myself to be agnostic.
    It's called SQ or spirituality quotient. It's a Theory that holds about as much weight in the scientific community as MBTI.

But Like MBTI, I feel there is there is something there.

If I came across as seeming superior, that was not my intention. At least you are asking for an explanation as opposed to assuming , Thank you.

I actually feel ostracized and ridiculed most times, when I try to explain that there is whole realm of possibilities just outside our normal physical grasp that we can actually touch from time to time.

http://www.lifepositive.com/mind/evo...telligence.asp

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Technically speaking, I'm spiritual, but I believe in science. I just keep in mind that science is still very much taking its baby steps. Even so, I do believe that eventually science will be able to explain all those 'supernatural' phenomena, as part of our universe and quite natural.

What makes me spiritual? I actually believe the Earth is a living organism.

And I believe in lepricauns and brownies, stealing my keys
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by syndatha View Post
    But they believe in reincarnation, don't they? And that is a meaningful reality/system not supported by science
    This goes without mentioning that Buddhism is somewhat like Christianity, where different branches adopt a lot of previous myths/beliefs of the locale. My mom is a Theravada Buddhist, for example. Her whole country is. They are about as close as one gets to a "fundamentalist" sort of Buddhism.. very stripped down. Yet, there's still all kinds of spiritual entities, paranormal type of beliefs, realms of damnation and bliss, etc.. In Mahayana Buddhism, there's even more of it. There are heavens, hells, demons, ghosts, gods, demigods.. It's just that Nirvana itself is beyond any of it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Technically speaking, I'm spiritual, but I believe in science. I just keep in mind that science is still very much taking its baby steps. Even so, I do believe that eventually science will be able to explain all those 'supernatural' phenomena, as part of our universe and quite natural.

What makes me spiritual? I actually believe the Earth is a living organism.

And I believe in lepricauns and brownies, stealing my keys
    A sock gremlin lives in my dryer.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I honestly think Taoism makes more sense to me than anything, the flow of the universe, the power within all living things.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    A sock gremlin lives in my dryer.
    Yeah see, I have to deal with grumpy brownies misplacing tons of stuff whenever I haven't paid attention to the household for a while. And I swear, everytime I give up saerching and resign to the situation, it shows up in a spot I've checked like 5 times

That trickster has way too much fun at my expense
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”