User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFs, would you marry an atheist?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO - I'm an INFJ

10 8.26%
  • NO - I'm an ENFJ

4 3.31%
  • NO - I'm an INFP

9 7.44%
  • NO - I'm an ENFP

9 7.44%
  • YES - I'm an INFJ

27 22.31%
  • YES - I'm an ENFJ

7 5.79%
  • YES - I'm an INFP

32 26.45%
  • YES - I'm an ENFP

23 19.01%
First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Now now Allegorystory.. misquoting people and flinging out some hyperbolic interpretations is not only NOT logical, it's also Not nice.

But its okay, because ENTP children are my FAVORITE! Just know that someday, when you get big, you'll have to include some of your own ideas too. =)
    Hmmm...this smells a lot like avoidance of the subject at hand.

Just kidding. I don't really want to pick a fight with you about this. Just don't write off atheists like that, kay? It's not nice, either.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    but if the person doesn't force that belief on you, and you don't force your beliefs on them why would it matter, if they don't believe in any deities?
    Because for me, a life-mate would also have to be a mind-mate, and I don't believe I could understand a mind unwilling to conceed that there is a possibility something exists past death, just like there is a possibility it does not.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ For me.. this would be of like-minds. I am spiritual.. but I am okay with someone else not being so. I just want them to have come to that conclusion on their own, and as their own personal truth.. for them to know there is no way to tell for sure would mean that they acknowledge that they are atheist for their own personal benefit. Just like being spiritual is for my own personal benefit.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Because for me, a life-mate would also have to be a mind-mate, and I don't believe I could understand a mind unwilling to conceed that there is a possibility something exists past death, just like there is a possibility it does not.
    my parents have very different view of things and they've been married 26 years, but they respect each other's beliefs. They don't force their belief system on the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ For me.. this would be of like-minds. I am spiritual.. but I am okay with someone else not being so. I just want them to have come to that conclusion on their own, and as their own personal truth.. for them to know there is no way to tell for sure would mean that they acknowledge that they are atheist for their own personal benefit. Just like being spiritual is for my own personal benefit.
    exactly. I knew I liked you.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm an atheist, just for the record.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

What if.......... Love is the religion?? Then if a woman loves me back, this means we are practicing the religion of love. We are it's clerics and priests and also it's congregation. Our bodies are our altars of worship, our sacrifice is to each other.

We would not be atheists then, I would think.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Biblical accounts present multiple incarnations of god (depending on the writer). Once they gave God a "proper" name however, there are connotations of pantheism to it (not that it is or isn't.. I'm just saying. It's open to interpretation: YHVH/Yahweh. From the verb "to be". The one who is, etc.. In the famous "burning bush" story with Moses, Moses asks for a name and the voice spells it out for him: "I am that I am".). Not to get into a debate or anything, but I always thought it was a lot more interesting than this old guy in the clouds concept. There isn't much of that in the bible itself (there's stories of God taking on the form of mysterious desert wanderers though). I'm not sure where the old man thing started. It could have been a combination of Greek/Biblical/Norse concepts, once Christian artists started depicting God that way specifically..
    Hehe, I know, I was playing about and mirroring his own reply. Paganism isn't all about frolicking in the woods with animal spirits either, but it's often depicted as such. The man up in the clouds is the christian version of this
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    What if.......... Love is the religion?? Then if a woman loves me back, this means we are practicing the religion of love. We are it's clerics and priests and also it's congregation. Our bodies are our altars of worship, our sacrifice is to each other.

We would not be atheists then, I would think.
    hippie
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Glycerine

I am an ENFJ who is open to religion but really religious people exhaust me after awhile. I am an agnostic with evolutionary leanings. I believe in good, evil, and karma so please don't think no religion= amoral or no morals. I voted yes. I might even marry s religious person as long as he didn't try to convert me. I would support his religiosity as long as he accepted mine. In a way, I believe in pluralism.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Since most NFs have a tendency to believe in ''something bigger'', i was wondering if you would necessarily expect the same from your special one.
    Thoughts?

Edit: Please answer the poll, if you don't mind .
    Totally. Im an atheist myself. I dont need to believe in a god. I guess for me, the higher thing that gives me faith is that i believe people are basically good.