User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFs, would you marry an atheist?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO - I'm an INFJ

10 8.26%
  • NO - I'm an ENFJ

4 3.31%
  • NO - I'm an INFP

9 7.44%
  • NO - I'm an ENFP

9 7.44%
  • YES - I'm an INFJ

27 22.31%
  • YES - I'm an ENFJ

7 5.79%
  • YES - I'm an INFP

32 26.45%
  • YES - I'm an ENFP

23 19.01%
First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Know ~ verb (used with object)

Archaic. to have sexual intercourse with. =P

Lets just say I think I *know* where your going with this.. but I'm tired.
    I would make it short.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    Ive never met a complete true Atheist that did not try to force their beliefs on me, and act or sometimes straight up SAY that I was naive (at best) for having any spiritual beliefs, Ive met a few who self identify as atheists, but are technically Agnostic atheists (they believe in atheism, but believe its possible they could be wrong, and often that other people aren't necessarily stupid/naive for believing in something spiritual/religious.) and one of them is one of my closest friends... the other agnostic atheists ive met are really great to... I voted No however as an Agnostic atheist, is well, not an atheist, I could see myself marrying an Agnostic or Agnostic atheist... but I do not believe i will ever meet an Atheist that respects my beliefs... not to say its impossible, I just consider it extremely unlikely based on the experiences ive had so far.

To be clear, I am NOT saying all Atheists are that closed minded/condescending... just that all I have personally met are...
    Yes agnostic atheists rock!

I'm so sorry to hear so many theists have had such bad experiences with atheists

We're not all judgmental, disrespectful and pushy.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I could not marry an atheist simply because faith has such a critical impact on lifestyle. atheist also tend to tremendously downplay the significance of religion in regards to child rearing and moral development.
    Oh please. This is so offensive and narrow minded. You do not need religion to raise children and it's not necessary for moral development. I have proof of that x4.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't see why not, I mean my outlook on life is fairly athiest/agnositic/pantheist, so at least we could have some general agreement with each other.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ooo, a relationship with a pagan would be fun but I don't think I could viably marry one. in all honesty though, the Pagan religion sounds way more interesting and fun than Christianity. I would love to believe that there are magical animal spirits and such running around and that all those Fi vibes I get from everything were actually forms of tangible energy, but alas, I just can't see the viability.
    Careful, sweetheart
    I find my belief in the Earth being a living breathing organism way more plausible than yours of that man up in the sky on his happy clouds having a laugh at our expense
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Careful, sweetheart
    I find my belief in the Earth being a living breathing organism way more plausible than yours of that man up in the sky on his happy clouds having a laugh at our expense
    So do I. The earth has been observed to exist pretty reliably, and it does host what is defined as life. So any theory about it have at least these facts right.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

How so?
    How does "NO ABSOLUTELY NO ATHEISTS BECAUSE LOGIC IS SO NARROW-MINDED AND NO MATTER WHAT, ATHEISTS CAN'T APPRECIATE THE WORLD LIKE I DO ETC. ETC." not come across as a limited perspective to you?

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I'm more troubled by religious certainty.
    I'm with you on this one, bro. Absolute personal conviction on this matter in either direction freaks me out a little.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    How does "NO ABSOLUTELY NO ATHEISTS BECAUSE LOGIC IS SO NARROW-MINDED AND NO MATTER WHAT, ATHEISTS CAN'T APPRECIATE THE WORLD LIKE I DO ETC. ETC." not come across as a limited perspective to you?

Now now Allegorystory.. misquoting people and flinging out some hyperbolic interpretations is not only NOT logical, it's also Not nice.

But its okay, because ENTP children are my FAVORITE! Just know that someday, when you get big, you'll have to include some of your own ideas too. =)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Careful, sweetheart
    Biblical accounts present multiple incarnations of god (depending on the writer). Once they gave God a "proper" name however, there are connotations of pantheism to it (not that it is or isn't.. I'm just saying. It's open to interpretation: YHVH/Yahweh. From the verb "to be". The one who is, etc.. In the famous "burning bush" story with Moses, Moses asks for a name and the voice spells it out for him: "I am that I am".). Not to get into a debate or anything, but I always thought it was a lot more interesting than this old guy in the clouds concept. There isn't much of that in the bible itself (there's stories of God taking on the form of mysterious desert wanderers though). I'm not sure where the old man thing started. It could have been a combination of Greek/Biblical/Norse concepts, once Christian artists started depicting God that way specifically..

MBTI
    yupp

I was going by text book "specifically the the position that there are no deities"
    but if the person doesn't force that belief on you, and you don't force your beliefs on them why would it matter, if they don't believe in any deities?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so