User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default An E/INFP's love.

"An E/INFP's love is hard to obtain. They may seem friendly and warm (or maybe even distanced, but friendly) in the beginning, but that is no different to how they treat everyone else.

The truth is, is that they quickly build a wall, in which you have to strategically, and slowly, knock down. The more you make this wall crumble, the more they will trust you, and the more they will open up.. But this takes time.

They will be slow to 'get personal', especially with details that they wouldn't necessarily share with anyone else. They will want to be close, but feel very unsure, wary of future hurt, or fallouts.

As time progresses, the more you share with them, and the more they feel safe with sharing with you, the closer they will become and feel.

Eventually their wall will be gone, and their wariness is eased. They'll be comfortable with you, they will feel confident in confiding in you. They will want to be close to you. They will want to care for you. They will feel warmth when they are with you.

Soon, they can love you, if they don't already do."
    Does any E/INFP agree with this?

Do you have anything to add, or object to?

I found this rather interesting, and personally, I agree. How about you?

Please share.
    Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I'm sorry, that you have asked other NFPs, however, I know several, and it has been my experience that their walls go down very, very quickly, and they fall for people fast.

Well, the ENFPs. I don't know many INFPs.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

the walls go down quickly but only with very specific people. the problem is less walls than insecurity. something minor happens, i fear i'm losing the person, i freak out, accidentally push them away because i essentially attack them to get them back... yeah
    :blushing:

i feel like that's pretty accurate otherwise though. i'm way more secretive than people think, even though i'm open about my feelings.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, ENFP walls go down hella fast. Scary fast for some people.

How the fuck are we supposed to be compatible with INTJs because of this fact? It boggles the mind.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Most recent ex was an INFP.
    Can safely say that INFPs are somewhere near ENFPs on walls, and nowhere near INTJ/INFJs.
    Slightly more secretive than ENFPs, but definitely too fast (to this INTJ's mind) to let their guards down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

^^^That’s interesting to me what you two (skylights & Marm) are saying because my walls do not come down easily at all.

I mean, I do fall fast & hard…and I’ll go into ‘I’m trying way too hard to impress you’ mode…but there is still a huge wall up. Not that I think others would be able to detect this…but I am aware of it. It can take a super long time for all of my defenses to come down.

I definitely relate to the description in the OP. Wait…I just realized neither of you are 7s. That might have something to do with it.

Everytime I don't quote and just do the ^^^ someone sneeks inbetween

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    ^^^That’s interesting to me what you two (skylights & Marm) are saying because my walls do not come down easily at all.

I mean, I do fall fast & hard…and I’ll go into ‘I’m trying way too hard to impress you’ mode…but there is still a huge wall up. Not that I think others would be able to detect this…but I am aware of it. It can take a super long time for all of my defenses to come down.

I definitely relate to the description in the OP. Wait…I just realized neither of you are 7s. That might have something to do with it.
    Yup. 7s are better at keeping their distance I think, and can also manifest the ENFP stereotype better in some people's minds. People with any kind of 4 influence gonna be more intense, I guess. In fact...are skylights and I both 3w4, or am I mistaken (I've recently been convinced I'm 3w4 rather than 4w3).

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yup. 7s are better at keeping their distance I think, and can also manifest the ENFP stereotype better in some people's minds. People with any kind of 4 influence gonna be more intense, I guess. In fact...are skylights and I both 3w4, or am I mistaken (I've recently been convinced I'm 3w4 rather than 4w3).
    I will say that there is something that seems way more grounded in the way you and skylights come across to me. I can't even tell you how weird I get when I like someone. It is like I can't even remotely be normal LOL.

I think I had a lot of lost opportunities when I was younger. As I got older, I didn't mind asking anyone out, but yeah, I don't let things out in full. But I'm not merely the "emotionally distant", but "ok with getting some" type either. So I'm kind of distant on both fronts. I guess. In my mind, I'm just trying to take things slowly. It's funny how that's not good enough though. I've basically stopped dating because of it.