12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Default the application of cognitive functions in tess of the durbervilles

edit: can i just say that it is hilarious that this has gotten only like 4 more views ever since i changed the title. lmao

that was my attempt at a boring, repulsive title.

i've removed details, sorry.
    Last edited by skylights; 03-05-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Who knows?

Probably has little to do with MBTI.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

maybe not, but in the past i can chalk up almost all of our weird contact misunderstandings to Fi Fe gaps. it seemed worth asking.

[am removing personal details]

Without further context, it's really hard to narrow down the countless possibilities.

Maybe he's just going through some "stuff"?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP

Can you provide any details? It's hard to say without knowing anything about what was said.

Sometimes I'm more social than other times, too. When I have a lot on my plate, the social stuff gets put on the backburner until I feel like I can handle everything again.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

that's just the thing though, i don't know the details either.

[more personal details removed]

macguffin may be entirely right that there may be no MBTI correlation whatsoever, but i don't really have anywhere else to turn with this question. it's kind of a last-ditch attempt.

thanks for your interest

Could be he's really upset about something? It may or not be you? TBH, in my personal experiences, if I quit talking to someone that I'd been conversing with regularly without explanation, they probably said something to upset me and I'm trying to make sense of it or I've just shut down on them.

Again, hard to be sure still.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Ignore him until he contacts you. You'll get his attention when he does. Then tell him what you told us here.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    that's just the thing though, i don't know the details either. one day we're talking normally... then he goes to some conference... then over the next 6 days there's maybe a message or two, but it's not even particularly warm or friendly, and he leaves me hanging in a text conversation, which i've asked him please not to do before and he easily agreed and has not until now. i would assume i had to do with the conference, but he told me about the conference, and nothing about it pertained to us, together. his life seems normal otherwise, as far as i can glean from facebook and myspace. hanging out with other friends, doing activities, etc.

i guess my question is just what would suddenly precipitate a Fe dom to, without warning or notice, essentially cut off contact with you?

macguffin may be entirely right that there may be no MBTI correlation whatsoever, but i don't really have anywhere else to turn with this question. it's kind of a last-ditch attempt.

thanks for your interest
    If you can't think of any weirdness that happened between you, it's probably not you at all. Maybe something happened at the conference that's weirding him out, or maybe he's dealing with something else entirely. Maybe give him a few days and see if he's back to normal.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Could be he's really upset about something? It may or not be you? TBH, in my personal experiences, if I quit talking to someone that I'd been conversing with regularly without explanation, they probably said something to upset me and I'm trying to make sense of it or I've just shut down on them.

Again, hard to be sure still.
    thank you iwakar, that's helpful

what i'm afraid of, too. i don't want there to be bad blood between us. i think he's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Ignore him until he contacts you. You'll get his attention when he does. Then tell him what you told us here.
    hm, okay. my first inclination is to reach out, though admittedly that usually ends up exploding in my face when i try it. i just have a very hard time dealing with myself when i know that someone i really like might be unhappy with me.

need... to... fix... *twitch*