Thread: ENFP vs. ENTP

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default ENFP vs. ENTP

What makes them so different??

And what makes them similar? (I dunno, are they even?!)

Also, I would appreciate when sharing your thoughts on this topic, if you could try to focus on relaying your personal opinions based on the observations you have made between the two types, or, if you happen to be either of these types, if you could briefly describe yourself in a paragraph or three.

It would please me much if all ENFPs and ENTPs would share their autobiographical self perceptions/descriptions.

And thank you in advance for indulging my curiosities!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm gonna guess that the ENFP is more of the mean and selfish control freak or cold and calculating bitch (no offense) because of their tertiary Te, while the ENTP is more of the charming, subtly manipulative type because of their tertiary Fe.

Ne will give an ENFP an idea, and they will express their idea in a forceful way due to Te, but according to their values because of Fi. For example, since ENFPs are not necessarily nice, they will likely dream up the most sadistic ideas for revenge on someone who wronged them.

Ne will give an ENTP an idea in a similar manner, which they will express in a more superficial charm sort of way because of their tertiary Fe, but they rationalize their desires better because of Ti.

Ti and Fe (at a lower profile) lead ENTPs to be more bouncy and airy in their expression of crazy Ne ideas, while the Fi, and Te (at a lower profile) would lead ENFPs to be more passionate, forceful, and values-oriented in their expression of crazy Ne ideas.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm gonna guess that the ENFP is more of the mean and selfish control freak or cold and calculating bitch (no offense) because of their tertiary Te, while the ENTP is more of the charming, subtly manipulative type because of their tertiary Fe.

Ne will give an ENFP an idea, and they will express their idea in a forceful way due to Te, but according to their values because of Fi. For example, since ENFPs are not necessarily nice, they will likely dream up the most sadistic ideas for revenge on someone who wronged them.

Ne will give an ENTP an idea in a similar manner, which they will express in a more superficial charm sort of way because of their tertiary Fe, but they rationalize their desires better because of Ti.

Ti and Fe (at a lower profile) lead ENTPs to be more bouncy and airy in their expression of crazy Ne ideas, while the Fi, and Te (at a lower profile) would lead ENFPs to be more passionate, forceful, and values-oriented in their expression of crazy Ne ideas.
    I think this is really wrong. Playing with tertiary functions is a dangerous game my friend. ENFP's are nothing if not charming and subtly manipulative, and I think the assertion that we are "cold and calculating" is borderline insane. ENFP's are warm and emotionally gushy, more so than ENTP's. You should note that feeling is our secondary function while it is tertiary in the ENTP. I agree that we will express Ne ideas forcefully according to our values, but I'm not sure that we use these abilities to dream up sadistic torture methods; we are more likely to use this ability to understand the people around us and try to make others understand as well.
    E-1% N-50% F-75% P-67%

MBTI
    ENFP

Im in UTTER SHOCK!!
    You called ENFPs "mean and selfish control freak or cold and calculating bitch....sadistic and revengeful"????? :O

*Shattered!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

An example, people. An example based on where, what, and how their function orders are. :rolli:

I'm just trying to challenge the stereotype of ENFPs being cheery and friendly.

MBTI
    ENTJ

ENFP's want to be loved first and foremost. ENFP's are natural psychologists, liking to understand human personality, relations and systems. They are very sensitive to human communication and will analyze it alot, deriving many possible meanings. ENFP's like to resonate with what the other person is saying, although they will assert their values if needed.

ENTP's want to be admired first and foremost. ENTP's are natural inventors, liking to understand all types of systems around them and generating ideas. They tend to find a more clever way to do many things. ENTP's like debating for debate's sake, and may switch sides regardless of opinion and values.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Mav's descriptions are more on the right track, based on my experience with each type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    OMNi

From my experience with both types, I would say that is dead on. ENFPs have ideas and they can be utterly cruel and heartless in the way they express them. ENTPs, on the other hand, share their ideas with a flair for tact and grace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Uber is really trying to get to us ENFP's...
    Well, here is for you:

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    ENFPs have ideas and they can be utterly cruel and heartless in the way they express them.
    Actually....I agree!! I had this moment with someone yesterday....and they called me "harsh" and "cold as ice"!! But I dont blame them, I can switch realllyyyy badly, I even surprise myself.!!
    Likes Alassea liked this post