• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFP vs. ENTP

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
What makes them so different??

And what makes them similar? (I dunno, are they even?!)

Also, I would appreciate when sharing your thoughts on this topic, if you could try to focus on relaying your personal opinions based on the observations you have made between the two types, or, if you happen to be either of these types, if you could briefly describe yourself in a paragraph or three.

It would please me much if all ENFPs and ENTPs would share their autobiographical self perceptions/descriptions.

And thank you in advance for indulging my curiosities!!!

My brother is an ENTP. He is a natural born salesman. But he is so good at selling that he oversells everything. Makes him very unreliable. Very funny though. We are alike in that we are both idea generating machines. One idea after the next. He can be very insensitive to other peoples feelings. I would guess at that being the most apparent difference beteen ENFPs and ENTPs. But on the otherhand he tends to overtip because he feels some kind of responsibility to over compensate for societies misgivings. ENTPs are generally fair when compensating people.

Rules were writen to be broken.

I like this quote:

"If the INTP played life as chess, he would keep wishing to modify the allowed-move-properties of his various pieces to optimise his strategy, find that that isn't allowed, and ask to start the game afresh! The ENTP chess player would indeed modify the rules to his advantage and complain that the standard rules were inadequate! The ENTJ would play by the standard rules but insist on making the moves for his opponent as well !"

Reactions: Dom

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm wondering, any of you ENPs:

Is meeting another ENP in real life as explosive and electrifying for you guys as it invariably has been for me?

It's been my experience that there's a certain kind of chemistry Ne shares, and when two people who have it strongly find each other, their imaginations go berserk and take off on a marathon of intellectual orgies.

For me, this is very intoxicating: most other people seem so dreary and unwilling to play with me to at my highest intensity levels, although I'll admit it takes a bit for me to drop my guard fully. But once it's gone, it rocks my world.

Anyway, just curious.

The only two ENTPs I've known to be ENTPs turned out to be one of my best mates ever, and the other is an ex... so yeah I'd say there is a certain chemsitry... however, i'd not leave it at ENP I think it's easier to play if both are E obviously, but i've had the same fun with my other INTP best mate, and current INTP girlfriend!! better sometimes... ;) NPs that's the only way to go...

I could never play liek that with my ENTJ ex-wife..

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey, Butterfly, can you comment a little more on the "deep inside" part? I've always been a little confused about this myself...people don't seem to expect it from us.

Also, do any other ENFPs feel like while you have a lot of friends, even a lot of close friends, very few really see the whole picture?

Or that a lot of people just think you're weird?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I can comment on it.. I only show my vulnerable feelings to a very limited selection of people. Less than 5 in my whole life.

heart

heart on fire
I can comment on it.. I only show my vulnerable feelings to a very limited selection of people. Less than 5 in my whole life.

I was like this until my mid 30s. I am a lot more open now compared to then. For better or worse...;)

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP

Okay...that makes more sense...well...do you know why that is? Because we're supposed to be "Es," right? or am I thinking about it wrong and is there no connection...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm.. I don't know.. I guess we all have a side to us that we show to romantic partners.. that is our truest self.. that is kind of what I was referring to, not just "meh, I feel hurt."

heart

heart on fire
Hmm.. I don't know.. I guess we all have a side to us that we show to romantic partners.. that is our truest self.. that is kind of what I was referring to, not just "meh, I feel hurt."

Yes, I knew what you meant. ;)

That has been the hardest thing for me in my life, letting my truest self out so that others may see it. It has always been a bit easier to let Ne put forth a safe image and keep Fi hidden to most eyes, most of the time.

I have done much better since my mid 30s.

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
okay, yeah, I was kind of thinking about that too...it's the worst when the other person can tell, and they're like why won't you, and you're like I don't f-ing know, I just cant yet, and then they feel like you don't like them or something

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
With me, I don't have much of a need to have my deep feelings tended to regularly.. whereas for an INFP, I think that need is very underscored.

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
With me, I don't have much of a need to have my deep feelings tended to regularly.. whereas for an INFP, I think that need is very underscored.

I agree. But when you do, and they do come out, do people think it's totally weird? Or at least, unexpected? Maybe moreso for me because I am a guy.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Nameless: Nope.. but I am very shy about showing it.. actually.. I barely even show it much to the people I do show it to.. they just get a taste.. it is most comfortable for me to show it by being receptive of their love, which is what I do all the time, with everyone. I am receptive rather than expressive.

heart

heart on fire
Nameless: Nope.. but I am very shy about showing it.. actually.. I barely even show it much to the people I do show it to.. they just get a taste.. it is most comfortable for me to show it by being receptive of their love, which is what I do all the time, with everyone. I am receptive rather than expressive.

Yes, I was more receptive than expressive for a very long time. My gushy side is a very new side of me. I think a INFP/ENFP thread, How do you show emotion? would be an interesting thread.

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah! And what are people's responses to it in general. That would be awesome. It's your good idea; you get the honors